Eye Of The Beholder
11%
 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:00 pm

Side One - Track #3.  

For Whom The Thing That Should Not Be Of The Beholder....
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1649

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:02 am

I went back and forth between TTTSNB and EOTB.....but ended up voting for TTTSNB based on its H. P. Lovecraft inspired lyrics. Smile

Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15077

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:41 am

For Whom The Bell Tolls
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 23989

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:54 am

The bell tolls for thee..

Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 31122

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:09 am

For Whom the Bell Tolls.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:10 am

For Whom the Bell Tolls, by a mile, followed by Eye of the Beholder.

Also, I hate the appropriately titled The Thing That Should Not Be with a fiery passion. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to place that song where it is on the track list.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 12801

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:43 am

For Whom The Bell Tolls.... even though it is a rather boring track to play on guitar
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2867

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:33 pm

This will be one of the few, where it's not even close for me. "For Whom the Bell Tolls" really showcased Cliff, especially the live versions of this song, as he would be soloing before erupting into this number. I just loved how Cliff and Lars played off each other on this one.

For Whom the Bell Tolls > The Thing That Should Not Be > Eye of the Beholder
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 21340

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:36 pm

For Whom the Bell Tolls has my vote.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:11 pm

The Thing That Should Not Be is really just a boring song. I know Metallica were friends with Trouble, they should have taken some lessons from them before attempting that tune.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 21087

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:16 pm

For Whom The Bell Tolls......Time marches on

The others aren't even close
Back to top Go down
Phoenix Reign Drummer
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 7550

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:49 pm

I've never really had a problem with "The Thing That Should Not Be" Its the weakest track on the album but in no way a bad song.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3376

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:31 pm

This is a landslide.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict

Number of posts : 15806

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:53 pm

In madness, you dwell!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
chewie
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 5012

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:57 pm

I love FWTBT but TTTSNB is such an odd song from them that I voted for it. I've always dug it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 13232

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:57 am

TTTSNB
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1223

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Eye Of The Beholder
For Whom The Bell Tolls , and The Thing That Should Not Be have ALWAYS sucked.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15077

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:20 pm

mlotek wrote:
Eye Of The Beholder
For Whom The Bell Tolls , and The Thing That Should Not Be have ALWAYS sucked.

Cool

But I always thought the same with Eye of the Beholder - that sucking part that is.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 13843

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:28 pm

For Whom The Bell Tolls
Back to top Go down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:33 pm

I like Eye Of The Beholder and For Whom The Bell Tolls. Tolls was so over-played by every bad metal bar band in the 80s that I couldn't listen to it for a decade or so, but I can stomach it again now...occasionally.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6230

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:54 pm

Bell Tolls is my favorite of theirs. Like joker said, it's an incredibly boring riff pattern to play, yet oh so thrilling to hear.
Back to top Go down
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:13 pm

How hard it is to play really has no bearing to me. You can learn Judas Priest's entire British Steel album while it's playing...but still a great record.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!

Number of posts : 11801

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:03 am

Eye of the Beholder
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3   

Back to top Go down

Metallica: Ride/Master/Justice - Battle of Side 1: Part 3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1