HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Which track is Running Wild royalty on “Port Royal”?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Intro
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Port Royal
14%
 14% [ 2 ]
Raging Fire
14%
 14% [ 2 ]
Into the Arena
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Uaschitschun
29%
 29% [ 4 ]
Final Gates
7%
 7% [ 1 ]
Conquistadores
21%
 21% [ 3 ]
Blown to Kingdom Come
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Warchild
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Mutiny
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Calico Jack
14%
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 894

PostSubject: Which track is Running Wild royalty on “Port Royal”?   Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:44 am

Port Royal was released on September 26, 1988. It is my favorite Running Wild album. Of the ten tracks (not counting the short intro), I consider half superb, top 15-20 RW all-time material. Other songs like “Into the Arena” and “Calico Jack” are really good, too. I even think “Final Gates,” an instrumental which I often consider filler, is excellent. Here are what I regard as the five stand-out tracks:

“Blown to Kingdom Come”— I didn't really dig this track until I had listened to this album many times. It didn't grab me at first but, during one listening session, it occurred to me how catchy the chorus is.

“Raging Fire”—This track I did like right away. “Kingdom Come” is catchy at the chorus, but this track hooks right at the start and never stops.

“Conquistadores”— A classic ass-kicker. It starts off serious and dark and then just flies and never lets up. I like the chants: “They fight, they kill, they rape…They hunt, they lie, they cheat, they steal.”

“Port Royal”—This title track is even better than “Under Jolly Roger,” IMO. Then at the end, when the drums kick in, Damn! Top 5 all-time RW song.

But my vote goes to my all-time favorite RW song: “Uaschitschun.” Grabbed me on the first listen and has never let go. According to Wikipedia, the title refers to the Native American word for white males. The spoken words at the end were taken from a speech by Chief Seattle to the white men who were buying his land.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15082

PostSubject: Re: Which track is Running Wild royalty on “Port Royal”?   Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:02 am

Final Gates headbanger

But my votes goes to Port Royal.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 5083

PostSubject: Re: Which track is Running Wild royalty on “Port Royal”?   Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:25 am

Raging fire.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6165

PostSubject: Re: Which track is Running Wild royalty on “Port Royal”?   Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:30 am

I can't vote because I don't own it. The next Running Wild album I own is Pile of Skulls. I wish this would get reissued because it goes for stupid prices.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Which track is Running Wild royalty on “Port Royal”?   Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:44 am

Witchfinder wrote:
I can't vote because I don't own it.  The next Running Wild album I own is Pile of Skulls.  I wish this would get reissued because it goes for stupid prices.  

Spotify!

You will not regret listening to this album.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 21100

PostSubject: Re: Which track is Running Wild royalty on “Port Royal”?   Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:29 pm

This is a really good album start to finish. Hard to pick but I went with the closer Calico Jack.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Which track is Running Wild royalty on “Port Royal”?   Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:54 pm

I like how the first four votes are all for different songs. It shows how solid this album is.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1585

PostSubject: Re: Which track is Running Wild royalty on “Port Royal”?   Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:36 pm

Calico Jack, although every single song on that album is golden
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Glower
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1415

PostSubject: Re: Which track is Running Wild royalty on “Port Royal”?   Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker

Number of posts : 4769

PostSubject: Re: Which track is Running Wild royalty on “Port Royal”?   Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:24 pm

Conquistadors sticks out but there are many worthy songs on this album.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1029

PostSubject: Re: Which track is Running Wild royalty on “Port Royal”?   Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:54 am

It is actually impossible. The album is one the finest pieces os metal. I'd go for "Final Gates" since it is the instrumental track that rivals the quality of normal songs, from a non-instrumental band.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone

Number of posts : 6400

PostSubject: Re: Which track is Running Wild royalty on “Port Royal”?   Thu May 05, 2016 9:23 am

Uaschitschun for me also, check out those guitar leads.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 4969

PostSubject: Re: Which track is Running Wild royalty on “Port Royal”?   Thu May 05, 2016 3:52 pm

This is the only Running Wild I'm familiar with, and I had to go with Conquistadores. I haven't listened to this album in a loooong time though. I'll have to check them out more.
Back to top Go down
restlessbreed
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Which track is Running Wild royalty on “Port Royal”?   Mon May 09, 2016 7:32 pm

Raging Fire.. And well as Noise (label) is back you can expect to get your hands on a CD/LP (finally)
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6235

PostSubject: Re: Which track is Running Wild royalty on “Port Royal”?   Fri May 27, 2016 6:54 pm

Stender wrote:
Uaschitschun for me also, check out those guitar leads.

YYYYYYEEEEESSSSSS.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Which track is Running Wild royalty on “Port Royal”?   Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:32 pm

Conquistadores
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which track is Running Wild royalty on “Port Royal”?   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1