Share | 

Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD

Go down 
AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Thu May 14, 2015 5:27 am

I want to know whether this was ever reissued in recent years, as Scott says the Japanese edition was the only one printed on CD. I see a about a dozen or so copies of the CD version on eBay and half of them seem to be going for about $20 and under. Is there a modern reissue or are all CD versions of this album OOP?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 32096

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Mon May 18, 2015 1:54 pm

A CD version with the original 1984 "missiles/hand of God" cover artwork was only released in Japan.

The 1986 "remixed" version with two then-new bonus tracks and a different cover was released on CD several times (on Enigma and Hollywood Recs.) and I would imagine those must be fairly common.

I believe that even tho it has the "old" cover on it, the Japanese CD still has the "new" remix on it, not the original album mix, but don't quote me on that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1737

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Mon May 18, 2015 3:28 pm

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/stryper_cds.htm

Looks like Scott doesn't even have this, as his is a CD-R of the vinyl version. I have a copy too (digital copy from Cliffy) and it sounds really good. I believe his source was also vinyl. The "regular" 1986 version is pretty common.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 7464

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Mon May 18, 2015 8:40 pm

I have the common remixed version. I don't think I have ever seen the original one for sale "in person" only on line.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72

Number of posts : 8053

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Fri May 29, 2015 8:12 am

I have the original hand of God album on vinyl but only the remix on cd.The only way you'll find the original on cd is a Japanese version.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   

Back to top Go down

Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD
Page 1 of 1