HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Random Metal Thoughts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2121
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Still cannot figure out if Blessed By A Broken Heart kicks ass or sucks ass.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6369
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 4:27 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Still cannot figure out if Blessed By A Broken Heart kicks ass or sucks ass.

Sucks ass....definitely sucks ass.

_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6369
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 4:28 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
1996 wasn't too shabby either:
Iced Earth - The Dark Saga
King Diamond – The Graveyard

TDS is a HORRIBLE album.  Even by ICED EARTH standards.  One of the most boring metal albums ever.


I completely disagree. It's my second favorite behind SWTWC.

_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
avatar

Number of posts : 19501
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 4:30 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I was just noticing as I was taking my walk cranking 'ATL' in my earbuds...he always sounds like he's struggling to keep up with the pace...he sounds rushed and out of key a lot of times...no intensity and no power. Why Anthrax are a Big 4 band over Exodus or Testament is a mystery to me.

Sales.

Joey's voice is more palatable than Souza/Baloff.

Testament sounded too much like a combo between Metallica and Slayer and lacked originality.

I have to agree with this, I always felt that Joey was the weak link of the band, but his voice was more palatable then Exodus and Testament vocals as far as commercially
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6369
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 4:32 pm

manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I was just noticing as I was taking my walk cranking 'ATL' in my earbuds...he always sounds like he's struggling to keep up with the pace...he sounds rushed and out of key a lot of times...no intensity and no power. Why Anthrax are a Big 4 band over Exodus or Testament is a mystery to me.

Sales.

Joey's voice is more palatable than Souza/Baloff.

Testament sounded too much like a combo between Metallica and Slayer and lacked originality.

I have to agree with this, I always felt that Joey was the weak link of the band, but his voice was more palatable then Exodus and Testament vocals as far as commercially

Yeah, cuz Dave Mustaine and Tom Araya sing like damn angels... lol!

_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 4:32 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Listening to 'Among The Living'...Joey Belladonna sucks.

You are correct. And no, I don't give a rat's ass what anyone else thinks.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
avatar

Number of posts : 19501
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 4:35 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I was just noticing as I was taking my walk cranking 'ATL' in my earbuds...he always sounds like he's struggling to keep up with the pace...he sounds rushed and out of key a lot of times...no intensity and no power. Why Anthrax are a Big 4 band over Exodus or Testament is a mystery to me.

Sales.

Joey's voice is more palatable than Souza/Baloff.

Testament sounded too much like a combo between Metallica and Slayer and lacked originality.

I have to agree with this, I always felt that Joey was the weak link of the band, but his voice was more palatable then Exodus and Testament vocals as far as commercially

Yeah, cuz Dave Mustaine and Tom Araya sing like damn angels... lol!

Yes fallen angels!
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2121
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 4:35 pm

S.D. wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Listening to 'Among The Living'...Joey Belladonna sucks.

You are correct.  And no, I don't give a rat's ass what anyone else thinks.  

Always figured detuned to be a popularity whore!  hahaha
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 4:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Are there any major releases coming out this year.  We've got Armored Saint next week, and I am looking forward to Orchid's new EP that's been pushed back to July.  What else is there?  Anthrax maybe?  Testament?  

The only new releases I have on my want-list for now are:
Armored Saint
Art of Anarchy (that Scott Weiland debacle)
Freedom Hawk (06.23)
Night Flight Orchestra (06.09?)
Slayer (09.11)
Atomic B*tchwax (out now)


Goatsnake - Black Age Blues (June 2nd) - THE best stoner/doom album that will be released this year.

High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)

Those are the only metal releases of 2015 that will be "must buy" for me. Although, I am interested to hear the new Slayer album, then I'll decide whether it's worth spending money on.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23986
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 4:52 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Are there any major releases coming out this year.  We've got Armored Saint next week, and I am looking forward to Orchid's new EP that's been pushed back to July.  What else is there?  Anthrax maybe?  Testament?  

The only new releases I have on my want-list for now are:
Armored Saint
Art of Anarchy (that Scott Weiland debacle)
Freedom Hawk (06.23)
Night Flight Orchestra (06.09?)
Slayer (09.11)
Atomic B*tchwax (out now)


Goatsnake - Black Age Blues (June 2nd) - THE best stoner/doom album that will be released this year.  

High On Fire - Luminiferous (June 23rd)

Those are the only metal releases of 2015 that will be "must buy" for me.  Although, I am interested to hear the new Slayer album, then I'll decide whether it's worth spending money on.

I think I'm passing on both of those. I couldn't get into Goatsnake and I think I have enough High on Fire to last me awhile.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 4:54 pm

I think Goatsnake is better than 98% of the other bands doing this schtick, but hey...different strokes and all that.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2121
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 4:57 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Still cannot figure out if Blessed By A Broken Heart kicks ass or sucks ass.

Sucks ass....definitely sucks ass.

Expound?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6369
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 4:58 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Still cannot figure out if Blessed By A Broken Heart kicks ass or sucks ass.

Sucks ass....definitely sucks ass.

Expound?

Why?

_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23986
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 4:59 pm

S.D. wrote:
I think Goatsnake is better than 98% of the other bands doing this schtick, but hey...different strokes and all that.

I tried. Had an album and ep worth of material, but nothing grabbed me by the short & curlies. It wasn't bad, but nothing that made them stand-out from that other 98%. I even gave the new single a listen, but...nothing.

As for High on Fire, I really want to like them better, but the vocals just kill it for me. I'm not giving up on them completely, but I think the albums I have already are enough. That opinion could change though.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6163
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 5:00 pm

Iced Earth is a terrible band name. What does that even mean? Is the Earth covered in delicious frosting?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6163
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 5:02 pm

If I never hear another female-fronted "occult" band it will be too soon. What a dreadful trend.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23986
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 5:04 pm

Mmmmmm, frosting.

Before I actually heard the music, I thought Iced Earth was a black or death metal band, judging from the name.

I also discovered that I'm supposed to learn something when I listen to Queensryche. And here I've been listening to them for sheer entertainment all this time. Derp.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6163
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 5:08 pm

AC/DC's Rock Or Bust album is terrible. It's another in a long string of boring albums stretching back 25 years. Don't fool yourself into thinking this album is any good.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6163
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 5:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Mmmmmm, frosting.

Before I actually heard the music, I thought Iced Earth was a black or death metal band, judging from the name.

I also discovered that I'm supposed to learn something when I listen to Queensryche. And here I've been listening to them for sheer entertainment all this time. Derp.

Entertainment??!!! Bah! This is serious business!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3383
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 5:11 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
AC/DC's Rock Or Bust album is terrible. It's another in a long string of boring albums stretching back 25 years.  Don't fool yourself into thinking this album is any good.  

lol! - I like it actually - well at least half of it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6163
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 5:18 pm

Thelemech wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
AC/DC's Rock Or Bust album is terrible. It's another in a long string of boring albums stretching back 25 years.  Don't fool yourself into thinking this album is any good.  

lol!  - I like it actually - well at least half of it.

You're half fooling yourself. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11154
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 5:31 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
This year has been a very slow year for new releases.  I haven't bought anything in a month.  

Not for me. Strictly "rock/metal" speaking, a ton of great (or hopefully great) albums have been or will be released this year.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5210
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 5:33 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Iced Earth is a terrible band name.  What does that even mean?  Is the Earth covered in delicious frosting?  

Yeah.

I guess it is inferring a new Ice Age, but it is in no way a good name.

But I guess it is less generic than "Purgatory".
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5210
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 5:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Mmmmmm, frosting.

Before I actually heard the music, I thought Iced Earth was a black or death metal band, judging from the name.

I also discovered that I'm supposed to learn something when I listen to Queensryche. And here I've been listening to them for sheer entertainment all this time. Derp.

I know when I want top-notch entertainment the best place to go is latter-day Queensryche. Talk about fun!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5210
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   Wed May 27, 2015 5:40 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
If I never hear another female-fronted "occult" band it will be too soon.  What a dreadful trend.  

If I don't hear another female-fronted "metal" band it will be too soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Random Metal Thoughts   

Back to top Go down
 
Random Metal Thoughts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Scandinavian Metal Praise
» paula abdul and metal? Straight up now tell me....
» Metal, Rock & Industrial Challenge #3: The Playlist
» Mr.Electric's "The White Metal Show"
» HERO's Challenge - Christian Rock & Metal Collage #2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: