HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 George Lynch

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11513
Age : 42

PostSubject: George Lynch   Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:10 am

A new Lynch Mob album is coming in August. Lynch seems to be cranking out new music like crazy these days—KXM, Sweet & Lynch, Shadow Train, etc.  



Sounds really good, though.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?



Last edited by Eyesore on Fri May 18, 2018 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7372
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:56 am

I knew about the Shadow Train album, but damn, another Lynch Mob? I've barely digested the last one and I haven't even cracked the wrapper on Sweet & Lynch yet! I can't keep up with Mr. Scary.
You are right, Ken, it does sound good. I really like Oni as a vocalist.
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 24434
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:23 pm

That doesn't sound too bad. I'm unfamiliar with his other new material.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11513
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:05 pm

Two new songs. Me digs!




_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 546
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:58 pm

Sounds pretty good, but the last two Lynch Mob releases have fooled me.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
avatar

Number of posts : 9760
Age : 53

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:06 pm

Oni is cool

_________________
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11513
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:41 pm

Just stumbled across this on YouTube:



Oni does a pretty kick-ass job on some classic Dokken.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7372
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:47 pm

I picked up the new LM last Friday and spun it a few times over the weekend. I really like it. They are the band I picture on stage at the local biker bar. Ha. Oni's voice seems to fit perfectly with them now. The Newburys I was at (Nashua, NH) also had a few copies of Shadow Train for like $17.99. Not a bad price for 2 discs, but it just wasn't in the budget this week.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11513
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:41 am

the sentinel wrote:
I picked up the new LM last Friday and spun it a few times over the weekend. I really like it. They are the band I picture on stage at the local biker bar. Ha. Oni's voice seems to fit perfectly with them now. The Newburys I was at (Nashua, NH) also had a few copies of Shadow Train for like $17.99. Not a bad price for 2 discs, but it just wasn't in the budget this week.

Yeah, it's a great album. The Shadow Train album isn't nearly as good, though. The production is weak and the songwriting, unfortunately, just isn't as strong. It's a good album, but not amazing or anything.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Glower
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1502
Age : 53

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:28 am

George looks like Kevin Cosner - somewhat - still cool as can be.
The sound mix is great. Guitar crunch texture - very interesting.
Love his guitar solos. They never change. legnthy.
Singer, like Dickinson, a young Dio, strong - and right on -
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7372
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:31 pm

Soun this twice today and still really like it. My only complaint would be that I wish they had varied the tempo a bit as each track seems a bluesy, mid- tempo song. It works though as it keeps the album flowing along, however, the immediate hooks aren't there like on past albums. Oni still owns on the vox!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24453
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:52 am

A question about the overall opinion of the various Lynch Mob releases. There looks to be 7 studio albums and 3 ep's under the Lynch Mob moniker.

Aside from the first 2 releases (Wicked Sensation and the s/t respectively), are any of the more recent releases worth a purchase? I'm wondering if I'm missing anything essential or should I shut my yap and stick with what I've got.

Thoughts?

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 4971
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:06 pm

I find his stuff with KXM to be the best of his recent stuff.
For Lynch Mob stuff, Sun Red Sun is as close to being essential as it gets imo.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2197
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:58 pm

Quote :
Aside from the first 2 releases (Wicked Sensation and the s/t respectively), are any of the more recent releases worth a purchase? I'm wondering if I'm missing anything essential or should I shut my yap and stick with what I've got.

In my opinion, there is a good album's worth of material split up across all of the subsequent releases. I would have a hard time recommending one album in particular though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24453
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:09 am

glassprison wrote:
Quote :
Aside from the first 2 releases (Wicked Sensation and the s/t respectively), are any of the more recent releases worth a purchase? I'm wondering if I'm missing anything essential or should I shut my yap and stick with what I've got.

In my opinion, there is a good album's worth of material split up across all of the subsequent releases. I would have a hard time recommending one album in particular though.

That's the impression I'm getting. I was futzing around on Youtube, checking out different albums and what I head was ok, but nothing I felt I was missing out on.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11513
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:51 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
glassprison wrote:
Quote :
Aside from the first 2 releases (Wicked Sensation and the s/t respectively), are any of the more recent releases worth a purchase? I'm wondering if I'm missing anything essential or should I shut my yap and stick with what I've got.

In my opinion, there is a good album's worth of material split up across all of the subsequent releases. I would have a hard time recommending one album in particular though.

That's the impression I'm getting. I was futzing around on Youtube, checking out different albums and what I head was ok, but nothing I felt I was missing out on.

Avoid Smoke This. That's their "identity crisis" album. It's a rap/rock album. And not a very good one. Revolution is an album of re-recordings, none better than the originals.

The rest are definitely worth checking out.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2197
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Here's the video for the new track "Main Offender." It's not the catchiest song in the world, but it seems to have more energy than their previous two albums. The solo is pretty cool too. I'll be seeing them next week. I hope they do this song live.




In other news, Michael Sweet said recently that he is hoping Lynch Mob and Stryper can tour next year, with Sweet & Lynch opening the show. That would be pretty awesome!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11513
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Fri May 18, 2018 5:19 am

George is out of control with all these projects! Not a complaint. I hadn't even heard of this project, but I'm really digging this tune.



headbanger

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2197
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Fri May 18, 2018 5:48 am

This is an interesting collaboration. Great guitar work! That chorus starts to get old by the end of the song though.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7372
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Fri May 18, 2018 9:13 am

Not bad. Thanks for sharing, Ken. I was spinning the last Lynch Mob disc, The Brotherhood a few days ago in the car. I like that one the most of the recent LM offerings. I still need to grab the new Sweet and Lynch album, Unified. Like I said earlier in this thread ( a few years ago, ha) I can't keep up with this guy. So little money and so little time.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7372
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Fri May 18, 2018 9:26 am

Y' know, it's funny, I would rather have old bands put out new music (even though I can't always keep up) than not at all. Imagine how dead and boring this place would be without the old guard releasing new material or making headlines. It would be nothing but best of, favorites threads, and which album or guitarist is better than another poll. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5394
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Fri May 18, 2018 9:29 am

How many of these projects he's done in the last 5 years are any good?

Kudos to him for being active, but I think bands need time and songs are better served by playing them live and refining them over time.

I think the best albums are often those that were years in the making and played live for years. Images and Words, The Legacy, Focus, etc.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11513
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Fri May 18, 2018 12:27 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
How many of these projects he's done in the last 5 years are any good?

Kudos to him for being active, but I think bands need time and songs are better served by playing them live and refining them over time.

I think the best albums are often those that were years in the making and played live for years.  Images and Words, The Legacy, Focus, etc.

Good to you? Probably none. Laughing very hard

Personally, I think all of his projects have been at least good and some great. Sure, maybe he could spend more time on the music and it would be better, but that's no guarantee at all. Some bands spend a year in pre-production, another year recording, and then they release a mediocre album. Other bands get in the studio with nothing written, bang out a new album in two weeks, and it's brilliant.

Either way, I think his projects are pretty damn good for the most part.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5394
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Fri May 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Quote :
Other bands get in the studio with nothing written, bang out a new album in two weeks, and it's brilliant.

No they don't. No one has ever done that.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6579
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   Fri May 18, 2018 2:28 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Quote :
Other bands get in the studio with nothing written, bang out a new album in two weeks, and it's brilliant.

No they don't.  No one has ever done that.

Maybe not two weeks. But bands years ago would do this. I've heard of many instances where bands come in cold and write everything in the studio...back when bands' labels could afford for them to do that.

_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: George Lynch   

Back to top Go down
 
George Lynch
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New DTS 5.1 & CD George Benson 'Songs and Stories'
» Upsetter ft Linval Thompson & George Nooks 1983
» Here's my gear (most of it )
» The Car (1977)
» R.I.P.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: