HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Budget

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11555
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:


I doubt I'll break 500 this year.



and music executives everywhere are jumping out of windows!!!
No kidding.  I thought I heard a thud outside.  Now I know what it was.

lol!

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5012
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:27 am

I try to keep my budget manageable. I was in San Diego this past week and bought a few records at this little shack called Folk Arts Rare Records. Since I was pressed for time, I forgot to ask about 78s(yeah, I collect those, too) and he just said on FB that he had a bunch of quality ones! Forgot to look through the Blues section as well.

http://www.folkartsrarerecords.com/
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6296
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:37 am

I was spending 50 a month for a while but slowed down because of Spotify. I still pop into thrift stores once in a while and score some decent stuff, but that's rare. I do still collect vinyl, and pop into record stores on work trips to peruse the used bins. Dimples in Sac can leave me spending 50 bucks on 25 quality vinyl titles.

Record collecting is really my MO this year over CD collecting.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2060
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:44 am

I don't have a specific amount that I spend per month on music, but in general I don't buy a ton of music any more. 10 years ago I would spend $100 per week some times (not saying I could afford that because I amassed ridiculous credit card debt that it took a while to pay back). Now I'm married, own a house and have two young kids. Buying music/having a collection isn't as much a priority now.

It's funny though, because the only reason I even care about owning physical copies of music at all now is so that my sons have something tangible to connect to when they start getting into music (even if they don't get into the same music as me). My 3-year-old has picked up on some of my music and really likes Kiss, Ramones, "Iron Man" and Lion's "Transformers Theme" from the '86 movie. Maybe the physical aspect won't matter to them at all, but I know as a kid when I started discovering music, I loved looking at people's cassette/LP collections and got interested in bands and albums that way. I feel like there need to be Kiss and Alice Cooper CDs/LPs in the house, just in case. Ha.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11555
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:46 pm

It's mid-way through July and this is what I've bought so far:

Buck Pets, The - Car Chase (7" EP) - $5.98
Graviators, The - Motherload - $3.99
Grey Skies Fallen - Earthwalker (EP) (Digital) - $10 (for the 7" pre-order)
Periphery - Periphery - $4.35
Scott Weiland - Happy In Galoshes (2CD) - $4.72

I find this shocking. Haha.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7464
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:33 am

Eyesore wrote:
It's mid-way through July and this is what I've bought so far:

Buck Pets, The - Car Chase (7" EP) - $5.98
Graviators, The - Motherload - $3.99
Grey Skies Fallen - Earthwalker (EP) (Digital) - $10 (for the 7" pre-order)
Periphery - Periphery - $4.35
Scott Weiland - Happy In Galoshes (2CD) - $4.72

I find this shocking. Haha.

That is quite shocking!

I am actually taking the whole month of July off from buying. Not so much for a monetary reason as really to catch up on things I haven't heard yet. A quick count of unopened CD's sitting on my desk top rack shows two dozen plus. I plan on cracking open and listening to the newest Schenker today.

I have been falling into a bad habit of listening to things on Youtube before buying and then they seem to sit when I finally acquire them.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22616
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:28 pm

i have been ripping my existing library and have been enjoying listening to old stuff almost for the first time again Smile

_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
chewie
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5012
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:34 pm

the sentinel wrote:

I have been falling into a bad habit of listening to things on Youtube before buying and then they seem to sit when I finally acquire them.

You too, eh! I been doing a bit of that myself.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7464
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:12 pm

chewie wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

I have been falling into a bad habit of listening to things on Youtube before buying and then they seem to sit when I finally acquire them.

You too, eh! I been doing a bit of that myself.

So much music, so little time in the day.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5012
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: The Budget   Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:26 am

the sentinel wrote:
chewie wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

I have been falling into a bad habit of listening to things on Youtube before buying and then they seem to sit when I finally acquire them.

You too, eh! I been doing a bit of that myself.

So much music, so little time in the day.

Seriously! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Budget   

Back to top Go down
 
The Budget
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Collector's Corner-
Jump to: