HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 New Anthrax single!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 11733
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:37 am

The new guy is getting the bottom point of the pentagram into his head. And if you zoom in for a close up, his face is like a animal.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2042
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:41 am

I have no specific qualm with a pentagram on an album cover, but it does seem a little weird to start doing such an obvious metal cliche 30 years into your career....it's not Anthrax were one of the bands throwing pentagrams or other similar imagery on everything back in the 80s.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23843
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:51 am

007 wrote:
Not bad but it reminds me a bit of Worship Music and We've Come For You All.

It should. It's the same artist, Alex Ross.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Ross

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6841
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:30 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
I have no specific qualm with a pentagram on an album cover, but it does seem a little weird to start doing such an obvious metal cliche 30 years into your career....it's not Anthrax were one of the bands throwing pentagrams or other similar imagery on everything back in the 80s.

It does seem odd to start doing it quite recently. I have been wondering this since WCFYA and chalk it up to the artist they use and the redesigned "A" logo.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2042
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:33 am

the sentinel wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
I have no specific qualm with a pentagram on an album cover, but it does seem a little weird to start doing such an obvious metal cliche 30 years into your career....it's not Anthrax were one of the bands throwing pentagrams or other similar imagery on everything back in the 80s.

It does seem odd to start doing it quite recently. I have been wondering this since WCFYA and chalk it up to the artist they use and the redesigned "A" logo.

Ha, I never even noticed the pentagrams on WCFYA. I don't own it, and I guess I never really gave the cover more than a quick glance. Funny.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6530
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:03 pm

Now I don't mind a bit of occult imagery but it doesn't suit Anthrax
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23843
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:47 pm

the sentinel wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
I have no specific qualm with a pentagram on an album cover, but it does seem a little weird to start doing such an obvious metal cliche 30 years into your career....it's not Anthrax were one of the bands throwing pentagrams or other similar imagery on everything back in the 80s.

It does seem odd to start doing it quite recently. I have been wondering this since WCFYA and chalk it up to the artist they use and the redesigned "A" logo.

Can't say I'm fussed by it in anyway, but now that you've mentioned it, it does seem rather pointless in 2015.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 19451
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:08 am


_________________
ULTIMATUM - TOO METAL FOR WIKIPEDIA!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6841
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:24 am

I have to be honest. I am not that excited for this release. I can't believe I just typed that about Anthrax. Sad
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23843
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:11 am

"For All Kings" will be available on the following formats:

* Boxset (including a digipack, picture-2LP, poster, card, slipmat)
* 2CD digipack (including a bonus live CD)
* 2LP (black vinyl in gatefold)

Nuclear Blast mailorder exclusive:

* Nuclear Blast boxset (including a digipak, poker cards, buttons, dice)
* 2LP (clear, blue, yellow vinyl in gatefold)
* CD + 2LP Bundle (CD+ black vinyl bundle)

"For All Kings" track listing:

CD1
01. You Gotta Believe
02. Monster At The End
03. For All Kings
04. Breathing Lightning
05. Suzerain
06. Evil Twin
07. Blood Eagle Wings
08. Defend/Avenge
09. All Of Them Thieves
10. This Battle Chose Us
11. Zero Tolerance

CD2 (Bonus Live CD)
01. Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't
02. A.I.R.
03. Caught In A Mosh
04. Madhouse

2LP
Side A
01. You Gotta Believe
02. Monster At The End
03. For All Kings
04. Breathing Lightning

Side B
01. Suzerain
02. Evil Twin
03. Blood Eagle Wings

Side C
01. Defend/Avenge
02. All Of Them Thieves
03. This Battle Chose Us
04. Zero Tolerance

Side D
- Etched -

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2042
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:29 am

I can't imagine a world without Anthrax poker card and dice!

Also, I do not believe that much thought was given to a single song title there.
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 20317
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:38 am

Looks like I'll be getting just the regular version. Those other editions have nothing of interest for me.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 920
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:29 pm

Whatever happened to "Soror Irrumator"?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23843
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:07 am

DakotaRogers wrote:
Whatever happened to "Soror Irrumator"?

That was recorded for the HBO 'Game of Thrones' soundtrack. Although it will probably show up on a re-issue or comp album sometime in the near future.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 30927
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:20 am

Oh boy! A double CD containing a useless live album? Sign me up! Zzzzzzzzzzz.

...actually, that's likely going to be the cheapest version, so it's probably the one I'll end up getting....

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23843
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:24 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Oh boy! A double CD containing a useless live album? Sign me up! Zzzzzzzzzzz.

...actually, that's likely going to be the cheapest version, so it's probably the one I'll end up getting....

Yea, the one with the bonus live ep looks like the standard release, so I'll probably be going with that one too. Live music and a short ep. 2 of my least favorite things!! Woo-hoo. Rolling Eyes

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:25 am

A live Anthrax album excites me about as much as anal leakage...but let's not completely diss live recordings in the process.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23843
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:28 am

S.D. wrote:
A live Anthrax album excites me about as much as anal leakage...but let's not completely diss live recordings in the process.


Eh, I've been pretty vocal about my disinterest in live albums (and too short ep's for that matter) for quite some time now. That's nothing new. I will admit that I have turned a corner though recently and starting giving certain ones more of a chance than I have in the past.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:30 am

Probably helps to listen to genres of music where musicians routinely surpass studio performances. Metal generally isn't one of them. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 20317
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:32 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, the one with the bonus live ep looks like the standard release, so I'll probably be going with that one too. Live music and a short ep. 2 of my least favorite things!! Woo-hoo. Rolling Eyes


Really ? Man, that's something I may listen to once and that's it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23843
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:37 am

S.D. wrote:
Probably helps to listen to genres of music where musicians routinely surpass studio performances.  Metal generally isn't one of them.  Laughing very hard

If you'e suggesting Jethro Tull or King Crimson, I'd rather listen to the sounds of 2 alley cats f*cking. Razz

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23843
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:39 am

007 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, the one with the bonus live ep looks like the standard release, so I'll probably be going with that one too. Live music and a short ep. 2 of my least favorite things!! Woo-hoo. Rolling Eyes


Really ? Man, that's something I may listen to once and that's it.

I said least favorite. LEAST!! Get with the program, man!! What a Face

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 20317
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:44 am

I meant that the one with the bonus live cd is the one I will be going with too and I just wish there was a standard cd that's standalone. I would only listen to the live cd maybe once and that's it. I should have cropped out your second sentence.
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:53 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Probably helps to listen to genres of music where musicians routinely surpass studio performances.  Metal generally isn't one of them.  Laughing very hard

If you'e suggesting Jethro Tull or King Crimson, I'd rather listen to the sounds of 2 alley cats f*cking. Razz

I was thinking jazz actually. So, nice attempt but you broke your neck on the dismount.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23843
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:14 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Probably helps to listen to genres of music where musicians routinely surpass studio performances.  Metal generally isn't one of them.  Laughing very hard

If you'e suggesting Jethro Tull or King Crimson, I'd rather listen to the sounds of 2 alley cats f*cking. Razz

I was thinking jazz actually.  So, nice attempt but you broke your neck on the dismount.  

HA!! Shows what you know!! Jazz is the live format I've branched out into, Mr. Smarty Pants. Which, of course, you're fully responsible for too.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New Anthrax single!   

Back to top Go down
 
New Anthrax single!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New MercyMe single
» New Kutless single
» New Kutless single.
» 22nd Single - ?Sisters?
» Haruka Single Lyrics

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: