HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 25081
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:05 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I don't watch wrestling until the weekend after so I don't know if John Stewart said why he helped Rollins. I do have a prediction. He talked about being upset at Lesnar breaking the streak so my theory is that he didn't want Cena tying Flair's record of title wins.

As for Vince's pettiness, there is a reason why several former WWE superstars that deserve it, aren't in the HoF or took forever to get there. For instance, the reason Demolition isn't in is because Vince doesn't like Ax due to his outspokenness (even Ax says that his big mouth gets him in trouble). Come on Vince, they were one of your most successful tag teams of the 80s for crying out loud!

You're spot on about John Stewart. 

WTH happened to him since he left The Daily Show anyway?  He looks like a homeless bum.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15481
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 pm

Check out this video of the newest Wyatt Family member:



He may not end up being much in the ring (he only has seven matches under his belt) but that guy is scary strong. None of the other competitors shown in that video even comes close.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 18198
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:15 pm

This almost seems unreal to me.



http://www.eonline.com/news/691926/wwe-legend-jimmy-snuka-charged-with-third-degree-murder-in-mistress-1983-death
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 11614
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:24 pm

A lot of bad things happening with former Wrestling stars lately.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 25081
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:53 pm

Wow.  Good luck with that.  Snuka was arrested on a charge from over 30 years ago????

What the hell is "third degree murder" anyway?  "The accused sorta, probably did it but we're not really sure and we don't have a lot of evidence".  That's what it sounds like to me.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5888
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:10 am

tohostudios wrote:
Wow.  Good luck with that.  Snuka was arrested on a charge from over 30 years ago????

What the hell is "third degree murder" anyway?  "The accused sorta, probably did it but we're not really sure and we don't have a lot of evidence".  That's what it sounds like to me.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=18&div=0&chpt=25

You can read that, or the short version:

Murder of the First Degree is an intentional killing. This is  your premeditated murder.  An assassination, if you will.
Murder of the Second Degree is a murder that is committed during a felony.  I kill you during a burglary of your house.
Murder of the Third Degree is for all other murders.  

It's been an open secret for years that Snuka killed his girlfriend and the WWF/E covered it up and made the investigation go away.  The family never gave up and finally convinced the DA to proceed with a charge.  Also, the evidence is pretty damning and Snuka has a good chance of being convicted and sentenced.  He has stomach cancer so any sentence is essentially a life sentence.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 11614
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:40 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Wow.  Good luck with that.  Snuka was arrested on a charge from over 30 years ago????

What the hell is "third degree murder" anyway?  "The accused sorta, probably did it but we're not really sure and we don't have a lot of evidence".  That's what it sounds like to me.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=18&div=0&chpt=25

You can read that, or the short version:

Murder of the First Degree is an intentional killing. This is  your premeditated murder.  An assassination, if you will.
Murder of the Second Degree is a murder that is committed during a felony.  I kill you during a burglary of your house.
Murder of the Third Degree is for all other murders.  

It's been an open secret for years that Snuka killed his girlfriend and the WWF/E covered it up and made the investigation go away.  The family never gave up and finally convinced the DA to proceed with a charge.  Also, the evidence is pretty damning and Snuka has a good chance of being convicted and sentenced.  He has stomach cancer so any sentence is essentially a life sentence.

So Vince McMahon will cover up Snuka killing someone, but crucify and destroy Hogan for making a racial slur? Go figure...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23608
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:56 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Wow.  Good luck with that.  Snuka was arrested on a charge from over 30 years ago????

What the hell is "third degree murder" anyway?  "The accused sorta, probably did it but we're not really sure and we don't have a lot of evidence".  That's what it sounds like to me.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/LI/consCheck.cfm?txtType=HTM&ttl=18&div=0&chpt=25

You can read that, or the short version:

Murder of the First Degree is an intentional killing. This is  your premeditated murder.  An assassination, if you will.
Murder of the Second Degree is a murder that is committed during a felony.  I kill you during a burglary of your house.
Murder of the Third Degree is for all other murders.  

It's been an open secret for years that Snuka killed his girlfriend and the WWF/E covered it up and made the investigation go away.  The family never gave up and finally convinced the DA to proceed with a charge.  Also, the evidence is pretty damning and Snuka has a good chance of being convicted and sentenced.  He has stomach cancer so any sentence is essentially a life sentence.

So Vince McMahon will cover up Snuka killing someone, but crucify and destroy Hogan for making a racial slur? Go figure...

It's all about timing. 30 years ago, Hogan making a racial slur wouldn't have gotten near as much publicity and he would've been at the top of his game, like Super Fly at the time. It woulda been just as easily swept under the carpet.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 25081
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:54 pm

I think this is a cool story.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2015/9/8/9275467/kevin-owens-twitter-ten-year-old-advice-stone-cold-steve-austin-changed-life

What I like about KO's promos is that he speaks a lot of truth in them and while he doesn't rant or rave, there's just something about his delivery that's great.  He says a lot of things that are almost things a face would say but he says them in a subtly heelish way.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 445
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:24 pm

tohostudios wrote:

What I like about KO's promos is that he speaks a lot of truth in them and while he doesn't rant or rave, there's just something about his delivery that's great.  He says a lot of things that are almost things a face would say but he says them in a subtly heelish way.

WWE's trying to turn him into Punk 2 it seems, same formula.
I always liked Kevin Steen, him teaming with El Generico and both working in the great Age of the Fall Storyline was amazing.
I hope he gets some great paychecks from WWE but we all know he will suffer the same fate as a lot of other indie guys: A quick push, fed to Cena, back to the Midcard, released or forever in Cena's Shadow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 25081
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:46 pm

Sadly, you're probably right He's already had to job twice to Cena in the PPV format.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 25081
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:22 pm

...And now for the other end of the spectrum:

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/3/5/5473886/buff-bagwell-professional-gigolo

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 445
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:19 pm

tohostudios wrote:
...And now for the other end of the spectrum:

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/3/5/5473886/buff-bagwell-professional-gigolo

I don't see anything wrong with that, he always came across as this male-stripper/escort type of guy to me. I only wonder who would hire him. I mean everybody knows that once a guy hits 40 you replace him with two 20 year olds Wink

I don't get the hate for Bagwell. Sure, he has a big ego, but so do a lot of other wrestlers. He was a pretty competent midcarder and i liked him in the Tag Teams with 2 Cold Scorpio and later with The Patriot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 25081
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:31 pm

I'm not saying anything bad about him I just think it's sort of sleazy. Hey, if he's making good money at it and he's happy with his job, more power to him.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15481
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:27 pm

If you want the stuff, you gotta pay the Buff. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 25081
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:46 pm

I actually liked Buff's character in WCW when he was a heel.  I thought he sucked as a face but as a heel he was pretty "hateable".

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15481
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I actually liked Buff's character in WCW when he was a heel.  I thought he sucked as a face but as a heel he was pretty "hateable".

Yeah, I so wanted Scotty Riggs to get revenge on him for the betrayal. I sure as hell wasn't an American Males fan, but Buff came off like such a douche bag I just wanted him to get his comeuppance. Instead they made him part of the Flock.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6841
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:04 pm

One of the guys at work is fan and he know I used to watch regularly until about 10 years ago; so we talk wrestling every now and again. We spent the morning trying to remember who the Road Dog was. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3096
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:34 pm

WWE Network is amazing for watching all that old stuff. I've been watching Saturday Night's Main Events, started from the very beginning and I'm now in 1990. So much nostalgia, so many great memories, and so much stuff I completely forgot about.

Jesse Ventura was an excellent color guy.
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 18198
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:47 pm

Lari wrote:


Jesse Ventura was an excellent color guy.



headbanger The best !
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 25081
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:50 pm

I used to love Bobby "The Brain" Heenan on color. Didn't matter if it was WWF or WCW he cracked me up, probably because he was drunk half the time.

_________________
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15481
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Lari wrote:
WWE Network is amazing for watching all that old stuff. I've been watching Saturday Night's Main Events, started from the very beginning and I'm now in 1990. So much nostalgia, so many great memories, and so much stuff I completely forgot about.

Jesse Ventura was an excellent color guy.

Watch the Monday Night Wars. A treasure trove of the going ons of the late 90 wrestling scene.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3096
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:03 am

I watched all those already.

Another recommendation is that Top 50 Wrestlers Of All Time (or something like that). Actually a nice list, since it was voted on by the wrestlers and staff themselves.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1381
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:54 pm

SPOLIER for LAST Mondays RAW if you haven't seen it:













































































Sting's clean win over Rollins on RAW just proves that he will lose at the PPV. I don't really expect him to win but it would be cool.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15481
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:54 pm

I was watching the Hulu version of RAW and noticed something. They still refer to the Big Show as the world's largest athlete. While this may have been true back in the Dungeon of Doom days, can Big Show really be called an athlete these days? I like Paul Wight as a human being. He seems like one of the nicest people you could meet despite his imposing figure. However, he can hardly be called an athlete anymore. He hasn't been given the nickname "Big Slow" for nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   

Back to top Go down
 
WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: