Gary Numan New Album Experience

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 894

PostSubject: Gary Numan New Album Experience   Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Any Numanoids here? You probably know about the PledgeMusic project he started. He's giving his fans a chance to follow the creation of his new album as it is being planned, written, rehearsed, etc over the next 11 months. It seems really intriguing to me. I pledged to get the personalized, handwritten lyric sheet. He sends updates on his progress. Some fans have been critical, however, posting they would rather it be a mystery until they hear the finished product or they don't like the idea of spending money on something yet to be started. Thoughts? Here's a link to the video explaining the project:

Gary Numan New Album Experience on PledgeMusic
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 5012

PostSubject: Re: Gary Numan New Album Experience   Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:04 pm

I like his first four albums(Tubeway Army thru Telekon), but outside of those I don't know his later music.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1589

PostSubject: Re: Gary Numan New Album Experience   Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:38 am

I've been debating signing on. I probably won't pay a lick of attention to the "making of" stuff though unless it's full demo tracks we're given to download or something along those lines and that's only because I think his last few albums have had better demo versions than finished tracks. His production style of late hasn't really wowed me and I think he needs to move on from working with Ade Fenton.

The idea of him doing a "pledge" campaign is totally valid to me and I have no problem throwing in directly to get a new album from someone I like. My main hangup is that his last few have seemed very "samey" to me.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 894

PostSubject: Re: Gary Numan New Album Experience   Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:47 am

Yeah, he was in a musical rut for a while, but I thought Splinter was his best album in years.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1589

PostSubject: Re: Gary Numan New Album Experience   Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:44 pm

I'll have to give it another listen. I checked it out from the library and just thought, "Oh, more of the same." That was after only one listen though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gary Numan New Album Experience   

Back to top Go down

Gary Numan New Album Experience
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1