Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 30642

PostSubject: Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)   Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:40 pm

Soooo, there's a sequel to "Independence Day" due for Summer of 2016, exactly twenty years after the original. Will anybody still care?

Will Smith is sitting this one out but enough time has passed that his step-son from the original is now all growed up and ready to fight the aliens in his place. Ooh, and hey, Judd Hirsch, Vivica A. Fox and Jeff Goldblum are all coming back. That should count for... something, I guess.

I dunno, I liked the original "ID4" just fine when it was current (tho I've seen it so many times in the years since that I'm pretty much sick of it now), but I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "Dammit, when are we getting an Independence Day sequel?" ... so who's the target audience for this thing??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag

Number of posts : 9625

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)   Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:49 pm

Maybe they should make a movie called "Groundhog Day"

15 foot tall aliens who heard the story about Richard Gere

R.I.P.

Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)   Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:49 pm

No. F**king. Way.

The original would rank really high on my Worst Films Of All-Time list, I don't need a part deux.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 30642

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)   Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:51 pm

Quote :
The original would rank really high on my Worst Films Of All-Time list

...even though it wasn't directed by Michael Bay?? Very Happy

It's funny, when I first saw the original in the movies years ago I thought it was cool. Subsequent viewings on video and TV have made it less and less cool. By now I'm like "yeah, that movie was pretty f**king stupid, wasn't it?" Laughing very hard

The "give the aliens a computer virus" climax seems reeeeealllly silly now, of course, I didn't know a damn thing about computers when I first saw it 20 years ago so that didn't occur to me till later.

I had to laugh at one of the YouTuber comments under this video: "They're back... and THIS time they've got NORTON!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 19060

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)   Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:02 pm

File this under the totally completely unnecessary sequel list. I thought the original sucked so there's no way I'm paying to see this messterpiece.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)   Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:10 pm

I liked the original well enough 20 years ago. I had a buddy who saw this in the theaters on July 4th 3 consecutive showings. Loser! I find it completely unnecessary to have a sequel to this as it all wrapped up in the first movie.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju

Number of posts : 25488

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)   Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:18 pm

S.D. wrote:
No. F**king. Way.  

The original would rank really high on my Worst Films Of All-Time list, I don't need a part deux.  

Same here. I absolutely hated the original.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 12799

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)   Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

The "give the aliens a computer virus" climax seems reeeeealllly silly now, of course, I didn't know a damn thing about computers when I first saw it 20 years ago so that didn't occur to me till later.

I had to laugh at one of the YouTuber comments under this video: "They're back... and THIS time they've got NORTON!"

Well, if the aliens are going to kill people, they probably have Macafee.....

I did love the original when I saw it at the theater and on VHS views, but am seriously burnt out on it now. When I heard about it the remake, I thought it might be cool to see. But that trailer relegates it to a Netflix stream view a few years from now. Ouch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)   

Back to top Go down

Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1