HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Well, I Lost Another Job

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15871
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:25 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:


It's really a shame though that you can get fired for a word. Even if I had said the word once, I don't think it should have cost me my job.

What was it that you said?

I was accused of the 'n' word, which is a word I don't use, not even in private. Even if I had uttered it, to lose my job over it is ridiculous. I would understand if it was something I said over and over again, but this was one person accusing me of using it once. However, in this day and age it doesn't matter.

I realize the GM of that Amazon facility could face a lawsuit if something wasn't done about it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it. I'm more upset at my accuser than I am Amazon. However, there is nothing to be done about it. Lesson learned. Apart from small talk or business related, it's best to keep your mouth shut when your at work.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Glower
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1428
Age : 53

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:46 pm

Sounds - like the company may had it out for you. Who knows. Rash though.
Did you work with many 'n' word workers - punk s.o.b's - high schoolers -
Black lives matter - is huge now - and PC protestings - yaaaawwwnnnnnnnn
I watched a recent Undercover Boss - can pitchure all this -
I'm glad they allowed you to collect unemployement - if they didn't - %$#@
'I ' would of stopped buying from them - that @#$% irks me -
I would write a letter - to someone at Amazon - a higher up - etc -
you explained yourself very well....your side.....
then let it go......believe in yourself - and prayer
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 2873
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:57 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:


It's really a shame though that you can get fired for a word. Even if I had said the word once, I don't think it should have cost me my job.

What was it that you said?

I was accused of the 'n' word, which is a word I don't use, not even in private. Even if I had uttered it, to lose my job over it is ridiculous. I would understand if it was something I said over and over again, but this was one person accusing me of using it once. However, in this day and age it doesn't matter.

I realize the GM of that Amazon facility could face a lawsuit if something wasn't done about it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it. I'm more upset at my accuser than I am Amazon. However, there is nothing to be done about it. Lesson learned. Apart from small talk or business related, it's best to keep your mouth shut when your at work.

If I didn't utter that word, I would have been threatening Amazon with legal action! I know they have lawyers that make more in a few hours than most public defenders make in a year, but that's defamation of character. I've never been fired in my life and I've never given a company a reason to do so, which is probably why I would be so pissed if someone accused me of something I didn't do. I would've threatened them with legal action, especially when it's a situation where it's his or her word versus yours. If they had no witnesses to back that up, then I'm fighting it! Character is everything to me, so I guess it's just the way I'm wired.

Having said that, if someone does utter the "N" word in the workplace, then yes, that person should be fired. You have to look at it from the standpoint of hierarchical ranks. If someone uses that word and it's widely known through Amazon or any company that the person who uttered that word is promotable, then it would be nearly impossible for that person to be an effective leader from that day forward.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 15871
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:10 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:


It's really a shame though that you can get fired for a word. Even if I had said the word once, I don't think it should have cost me my job.

What was it that you said?

I was accused of the 'n' word, which is a word I don't use, not even in private. Even if I had uttered it, to lose my job over it is ridiculous. I would understand if it was something I said over and over again, but this was one person accusing me of using it once. However, in this day and age it doesn't matter.

I realize the GM of that Amazon facility could face a lawsuit if something wasn't done about it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it. I'm more upset at my accuser than I am Amazon. However, there is nothing to be done about it. Lesson learned. Apart from small talk or business related, it's best to keep your mouth shut when your at work.

If I didn't utter that word, I would have been threatening Amazon with legal action! I know they have lawyers that make more in a few hours than most public defenders make in a year, but that's defamation of character. I've never been fired in my life and I've never given a company a reason to do so, which is probably why I would be so pissed if someone accused me of something I didn't do. I would've threatened them with legal action, especially when it's a situation where it's his or her word versus yours. If they had no witnesses to back that up, then I'm fighting it! Character is everything to me, so I guess it's just the way I'm wired.

Having said that, if someone does utter the "N" word in the workplace, then yes, that person should be fired. You have to look at it from the standpoint of hierarchical ranks. If someone uses that word and it's widely known through Amazon or any company that the person who uttered that word is promotable, then it would be nearly impossible for that person to be an effective leader from that day forward.

I can understand the latter. I don't like it, but I understand it. As for the former, I was ready to do just that. However, I have no legal action due to Texas employment laws. They can let you go for any reason or even no reason as long as it's not out of discrimination or in retaliation for filing a complaint. Many have tried suing for other reasons of termination but most fail. The best thing I can do is take the unemployment (at least they agreed to not fight me over it) and move on.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
avatar

Number of posts : 9680
Age : 52

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:26 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I DID NOTHING WRONG

DB

Perception has a lot of merit in your circumstance/situation.

1)You claim to be highly productive...How much more productive would the management assume you could be if you were not having fun at work all the time ?

2)Your self admitted "upbeat shenanigans"...How much did that effect the productivity of fellow workers by distracting them ? Not to mention the safety risks of co-workers being distracted and not focused on the task at hand ?

3)You claim it was just a "word" that offended an overly sensitive employee...What if that was the outcome of the ripple effect of all your other unprofessional attributes that in high probability were perceived by others in your workplace ?

4)The "at will" employment laws apply to contracted employees and most enter that "contract" when they sign a document that states they have read & understand the employee handbook given during the initial hiring process. Most handbooks are large and very intensive, which leads most to sign that paper without ever reading anything. So you may have done something wrong without even realizing it, much less understood the implications of what you actually signed ?

I hope the best for you man, but you might benefit from seeing things from the perspective of others & not just your own. Your individuality and the right to express it are not going to change the status quo of any workplace environment . So accept the fact that you have to make a choice about how you approach your behaviors on the job or continue the pattern of losing jobs due the choices you made.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
avatar

Number of posts : 6410
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:58 pm

Listen to James.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11187
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:50 am

The KKK are always hiring.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
avatar

Number of posts : 7912
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:59 am

Eyesore wrote:
The KKK are always hiring.

lol!
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 104
Age : 81

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:46 pm

You have to realize as a white man these days you are the designated "easy target". You represent the evil white patriarchy and all that entails."Diversity" is reverse discrimination against the white heterosexual male. How come China, India and other eastern countries don't have diversity political re-education seminars? Because their allowed to keep their national identity.
Your 'upbeat shenanigans" probably pissed off somebody, most likely an "n". I speak from experience. You looked too happy there, and someone with a victim mentality, consciously or subconsciously knows that they're the favorite oppressed class and took full advantage of the political climate and lied, knowing their would be no investigation and no consequences for a false accusation.
This is the political climate we live in.I have much empathy for you. You're intelligent and stuck in shitty jobs that you're not suited for. Meanwhile, it's not like you can start going to college while your trying to survive. I suggest you either tone it down completely or find a different field of work. "The nail that sticks out the farthest gets hit first." Best of luck to you, brother. I've also been the product of false accusations. Those types of people are miserable and psychotic, what comes around goes around.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31215
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:17 pm

John Madden wrote:
You have to realize as a white man these days you are the designated "easy target". You represent the evil white patriarchy and all that entails."Diversity" is reverse discrimination against the white heterosexual male.

Quote :
Your 'upbeat shenanigans" probably pissed off somebody, most likely an "n". I speak from experience. You looked too happy there, and someone with a victim mentality, consciously or subconsciously knows that they're the favorite oppressed class and took full advantage of the political climate and lied, knowing their would be no investigation and no consequences for a false accusation.


_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
avatar

Number of posts : 9151
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:26 pm

John Madden wrote:
You have to realize as a white man these days you are the designated "easy target". You represent the evil white patriarchy and all that entails."Diversity" is reverse discrimination against the white heterosexual male. How come China, India and other eastern countries don't have diversity political re-education seminars? Because their allowed to keep their national identity.
Your 'upbeat shenanigans" probably pissed off somebody, most likely an "n". I speak from experience. You looked too happy there, and someone with a victim mentality, consciously or subconsciously knows that they're the favorite oppressed class and took full advantage of the political climate and lied, knowing their would be no investigation and no consequences for a false accusation.
  This is the political climate we live in.I have much empathy for you. You're intelligent and stuck in shitty jobs that you're not suited for. Meanwhile, it's not like you can start going to college while your trying to survive. I suggest you either tone it down completely or find a different field of work. "The nail that sticks out the farthest gets hit first." Best of luck to you, brother. I've also been the product of false accusations. Those types of people are miserable and psychotic, what comes around goes around.

Talk about your "victim mentality"... Rolling Eyes

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11187
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:46 pm

mc666 wrote:
John Madden wrote:
You have to realize as a white man these days you are the designated "easy target". You represent the evil white patriarchy and all that entails."Diversity" is reverse discrimination against the white heterosexual male. How come China, India and other eastern countries don't have diversity political re-education seminars? Because their allowed to keep their national identity.
Your 'upbeat shenanigans" probably pissed off somebody, most likely an "n". I speak from experience. You looked too happy there, and someone with a victim mentality, consciously or subconsciously knows that they're the favorite oppressed class and took full advantage of the political climate and lied, knowing their would be no investigation and no consequences for a false accusation.
  This is the political climate we live in.I have much empathy for you. You're intelligent and stuck in shitty jobs that you're not suited for. Meanwhile, it's not like you can start going to college while your trying to survive. I suggest you either tone it down completely or find a different field of work. "The nail that sticks out the farthest gets hit first." Best of luck to you, brother. I've also been the product of false accusations. Those types of people are miserable and psychotic, what comes around goes around.

Talk about your "victim mentality"... Rolling Eyes

lol!

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
avatar

Number of posts : 8224
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:50 pm

Neutral Wow, that's quite a post, there, Madden.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6570
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:58 pm

John Madden wrote:
You have to realize as a white man these days you are the designated "easy target".

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
avatar

Number of posts : 19530
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:15 pm

John Madden wrote:
You have to realize as a white man these days you are the designated "easy target". You represent the evil white patriarchy and all that entails."Diversity" is reverse discrimination against the white heterosexual male. How come China, India and other eastern countries don't have diversity political re-education seminars? Because their allowed to keep their national identity.
Your 'upbeat shenanigans" probably pissed off somebody, most likely an "n". I speak from experience. You looked too happy there, and someone with a victim mentality, consciously or subconsciously knows that they're the favorite oppressed class and took full advantage of the political climate and lied, knowing their would be no investigation and no consequences for a false accusation.
  This is the political climate we live in.I have much empathy for you. You're intelligent and stuck in shitty jobs that you're not suited for. Meanwhile, it's not like you can start going to college while your trying to survive. I suggest you either tone it down completely or find a different field of work. "The nail that sticks out the farthest gets hit first." Best of luck to you, brother. I've also been the product of false accusations. Those types of people are miserable and psychotic, what comes around goes around.

Jesus Christ, what in the hell!!!!! This is posting is a racist at worst and ignorant at best.
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 104
Age : 81

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:04 pm

Boom! Sorry fellas, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers! But I sure calls 'em as I see 'um.And the notion of me being racist I totally deny. Remember Art Shell? Smile No need to argue you with,men. Shoulda pm'ed DB with that info Wink
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3407
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:29 pm

Yeah, I think this is going in the wrong direction quickly with posts like that.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 920
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:16 pm

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 12801
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:49 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:

PC means p*ssy Chrushing
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 920
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:25 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Chrushing

Or in this case, "phonetically-challenged."
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22500
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:13 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Chrushing

Or in this case, "phonetically-challenged."


_________________
The_King_Game_of_Thrones
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2051
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:58 am

In this instance, based on what DB said, I agree he should not have been fired, as he maintains he did not say what he was accused of. So that really sucks, dude. I don't really know how to hash something like that out. Maybe that's why I don't work in HR. But one person's word against another's with no witnesses...it's difficult I'm sure. I guess it's better for them to err on the side of caution, so it's hard to blame the company (even if they are notoriously hard to work for). Obviously any employee making up stuff about other people to get them fired, well that's a crappy thing altogether. Whole thing just sucks, for sure.

However, for anyone who has said someone should not be fired for using that word, that a warning or some other penalty is what would be suitable...that is ridiculous. Absolutely anyone using that word in the work place should be fired, no questions asked or chance for rebuttal.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Well, I Lost Another Job   

Back to top Go down
 
Well, I Lost Another Job
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» "All Is Lost " Empire 21.
» HERO's Challenge - Christian Rock & Metal Collage #2
» Gary Lenaire
» DJ Kenny - Cultural Lovers Rock 13
» Driver's "Lost" album To See Day Or Night

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: