Share | 

Metal/Rock bands who share their names with Superheroes/Villains

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 691

PostSubject: Metal/Rock bands who share their names with Superheroes/Villains   Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:23 pm

I was listening to my mp3 player on shuffle, and the band Vixen came up, which made me think of the DC heroine for some reason, which got me wondering, who are some metal or hard rock acts who share their names with superheroes (or supervillains for that matter)? Here's what i came up with:
Vixen
Raven
Thor
Venom
Demon
Hawk
any more you can think of?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 30525

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Rock bands who share their names with Superheroes/Villains   Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:25 pm

I've been out of the comic book loop for 20+ years now, but I came up with these off the top of my head....

Ravage (good band, terrible comic from Marvel's "2099" line)

Wild Dog(s) - the comic character was singular, the band name is plural...

Punisher - there have been at least a half dozen bands with this name according to Metal Archives.

Vigilante - ditto, although I was thinking of the one with James (Helstar) Rivera in it.

I believe there's also a minor character in the X-Men universe named Overkill.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 18598

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Rock bands who share their names with Superheroes/Villains   Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:42 pm

I too haven't read comics in years but one that came to mind is Onslaught, a major villain who "killed" the Avengers and Fantastic Four.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 30525

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Rock bands who share their names with Superheroes/Villains   Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:45 pm

Just thought of another one... Banshee!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 20664

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Rock bands who share their names with Superheroes/Villains   Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:38 pm

There's a doom metal band called Iron Man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 12442

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Rock bands who share their names with Superheroes/Villains   Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:16 pm

Trixter got their name from a comic book I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3140

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Rock bands who share their names with Superheroes/Villains   Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:55 pm

Wasp (the chick from Avengers)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 23691

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Rock bands who share their names with Superheroes/Villains   Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:31 pm

Leatherface wrote:

No wonder I never liked them. Just look at this ass-clown they named themselves after.

Bukkake Tsunami

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Rock bands who share their names with Superheroes/Villains   Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:57 pm

Angel (X-Men / 70's rock band)
Colossus (X-men / stoner metal)
Havok (X-men / thrash band)
Jughead (ok, technically not a superhero, but still comic related / prog supergroup)
Vulture (Spiderman villan / thrash)

Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Rock bands who share their names with Superheroes/Villains   Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

No wonder I never liked them. Just look at this ass-clown they named themselves after.

Must stop laughing...have to ...breathe... Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 691

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Rock bands who share their names with Superheroes/Villains   Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

Hey, Mark Hamill played that guy on the Flash 90s show, the current Flash show, AND Justice League Unlimited.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Rock bands who share their names with Superheroes/Villains   Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:45 pm

Baroness - stoner band / GI Joe villainess

Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Rock bands who share their names with Superheroes/Villains   Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Baroness - stoner band / GI Joe villainess

Damn! How did I not think of that one? One of my work buds is always going on about these guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Rock bands who share their names with Superheroes/Villains   

Back to top Go down

Metal/Rock bands who share their names with Superheroes/Villains
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1