HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21380
Age : 32

PostSubject: Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror   Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:58 pm

Gruesome drops their EP Dimensions of Horror on May 20th, 2016, via Relapse Records.

1. Forces of Death
2. Raped by Darkness
3. Amputation
4. Hellbound
5. Seven Doors
6. Dimensions of Horror



Savage Land was easily one of 2015's best albums, so I am really looking forward to this EP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
avatar

Number of posts : 9138
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror   Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:23 pm

My favorite of the Death clones. Looking forward to it.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6570
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror   Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:33 pm

I liked their album and will give this a listen
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2051
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror   Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:13 am

I dig that funky cover.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2051
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror   Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:14 am

mc666 wrote:
My favorite of the Death clones. Looking forward to it.

What are some other Death clones? I enjoy Gruesome, and would be into hearing more bands aping Death's sound.

Anyone out their aping the Symbolic sound? That sounds way different than, say, SBG...and is not really even death metal at that point. But it is one of the greatest metal albums of all time, so I'd enjoy hearing others take a stab at the sound. Just don't know where to start looking.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 13886
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror   Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm

I need to check these guys out.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21380
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror   Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:38 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
mc666 wrote:
My favorite of the Death clones. Looking forward to it.

What are some other Death clones? I enjoy Gruesome, and would be into hearing more bands aping Death's sound.

Anyone out their aping the Symbolic sound? That sounds way different than, say, SBG...and is not really even death metal at that point. But it is one of the greatest metal albums of all time, so I'd enjoy hearing others take a stab at the sound. Just don't know where to start looking.

Give Martyr's 1997 album Hopeless Hopes a listen if you like Symbolic-era Death.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Wurthless
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4969
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror   Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:06 pm

Required Fields wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
mc666 wrote:
My favorite of the Death clones. Looking forward to it.

What are some other Death clones? I enjoy Gruesome, and would be into hearing more bands aping Death's sound.

Anyone out their aping the Symbolic sound? That sounds way different than, say, SBG...and is not really even death metal at that point. But it is one of the greatest metal albums of all time, so I'd enjoy hearing others take a stab at the sound. Just don't know where to start looking.

Give Martyr's 1997 album Hopeless Hopes a listen if you like Symbolic-era Death.

Damn that's a good recommendation. I just checked it out, and while they sound like they're very-very Death influenced, the songwriting isn't infantile in comparison or carbon-copied.

I'm gonna have to check these guys out further.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21380
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror   Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:12 pm

Scott reviewed Dimensions of Horror in his new YouTube video:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5086
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror   Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:32 pm

These guys are american, right?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21380
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror   Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:02 am

Gilbert wrote:
These guys are american, right?

Yes, they're from Arroyo Grande, California and Miami, Florida.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 19452
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror   Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:26 am

Gruesome are awesome, at least this EP is. I need to get their first album.

_________________
ULTIMATUM - TOO METAL FOR WIKIPEDIA!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 21380
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror   Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:57 pm

A couple of tracks from the debut to hold you over until you get it:

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror   

Back to top Go down
 
Gruesome - Dimensions of Horror
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Pussi-fication of horror film
» tenyata vocaloid keren jg kalo dibuat musik horor..

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: