HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1223
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:49 pm

But in Project Mayhem, we have no names.
Narrator: No, listen to me. This is a man and he has a name, and it's Scott Stapp , okay?
Mechanic: Scott Stapp.
Narrator: He is dead now, because of us, all right? You understand that?
[Everyone stares at Narrator]
Mechanic: I understand. In death, a member of Project Mayhem has a name. His name is Scott Stapp.
Steph: His name is Scott Stapp.
Narrator: Stop it! Shut up!
All Space Monkeys: His name is !
All Space Monkeys (louder): His name is Scott Stapp ! His name is Scott Stapp !
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11575
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:09 am



Really dig this song, too. Even though Stapp is doing that thing with his voice.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2246
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:30 am

Where did Stapp learn how to pronounce words?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 5009
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:18 pm

Hey, I like that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24608
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:37 am

I enjoyed the first song, but this new one didn't do much for me. Maybe it's the return of the "yarl".

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 5009
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:20 pm

Yeah, I can usually take him in small doses. I have a greatest hits of Creed I made I listen to once in awhile, mostly because Tremonti can play.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24608
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:22 am

Well this is an interesting turn of events...

Quote :
According to SILive.com, Scott Stapp has been sued by the founders of ART OF ANARCHY for allegedly refusing to tour with the band and participate in promotional photo and video shoots and publicity events.

The $1.2-million lawsuit was filed in New York State Supreme Court by Vice Inc., whose chief executive officer and principal executive officer are ART OF ANARCHY guitarist Jonathan Votta and drummer Vincent Votta.

Vice claims to have paid the CREED singer $200,000 for services to be rendered, which he asked to be treated as a loan, for tax purposes.

Stapp only performed at 18 concerts with ART OF ANARCHY last year and did not appear at scheduled a video shoot last October on the deck of the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum on the Hudson River in Manhattan.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/scott-stapp-sued-by-art-of-anarchy-over-alleged-failure-to-promote-the-madness-album/

They need to stop hiring jackasses for front men. Razz

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 5009
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:23 am

He's such a mess with his mental issues he needs to step out of music.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6618
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:31 am

Dude definitely has troubles...

_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11575
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Eyesore wrote:
...replacing one dead drug addict with another drug addict who will likely be dead soon just makes no sense to me.

I love both albums these guys have put out, but they only have themselves to blame. You can't replace a drug-addicted singer with a drug-addicted singer and expect a different outcome. That is monumentally stupid.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11575
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:32 pm

They should still hire Mina Caputo.


_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 12270
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:46 pm

Why do you want Caputo to leave LOA? I don't think most mainstream bands want a transgender person in their group. Not everyone is on board with that kinda stuff.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11575
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:05 am

Troublezone wrote:
Why do you want Caputo to leave LOA? I don't think most mainstream bands want a transgender person in their group. Not everyone is on board with that kinda stuff.

Life of Agony doesn't tour much at all. As for the rest of what you said, I don't think most mainstream bands are that homophobic/transphobic.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4130
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Well this is an interesting turn of events...

Quote :
According to SILive.com, Scott Stapp has been sued by the founders of ART OF ANARCHY for allegedly refusing to tour with the band and participate in promotional photo and video shoots and publicity events.

The $1.2-million lawsuit was filed in New York State Supreme Court by Vice Inc., whose chief executive officer and principal executive officer are ART OF ANARCHY guitarist Jonathan Votta and drummer Vincent Votta.

Vice claims to have paid the CREED singer $200,000 for services to be rendered, which he asked to be treated as a loan, for tax purposes.

Stapp only performed at 18 concerts with ART OF ANARCHY last year and did not appear at scheduled a video shoot last October on the deck of the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum on the Hudson River in Manhattan.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/scott-stapp-sued-by-art-of-anarchy-over-alleged-failure-to-promote-the-madness-album/

They need to stop hiring jackasses for front men. Razz

I read about that , interesting turn of events....
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5460
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:38 pm

Why would anyone hand Stapp a big bundle of cash and expect him to keep his word?


Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 12270
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:59 pm

I doubt anyone will want to work with him again. He got a second chance after his meltdown, and he blew it... 

Not to mention, his solo albums are generic crap like Sebastian Bach's.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5460
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:39 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Not to mention, his solo albums are generic crap like Sebastian Bach's.

It just goes to show you that the singer <> the band.

Bach didn't even write most of SR's hits, did he? I think that was the singer before him.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 12270
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Not to mention, his solo albums are generic crap like Sebastian Bach's.

It just goes to show you that the singer <> the band.

Bach didn't even write most of SR's hits, did he?  I think that was the singer before him.

I think he contributed here and there... but Snake and Bolan were the main guys. They did all work well together while it lasted.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11575
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:04 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Not to mention, his solo albums are generic crap like Sebastian Bach's.

It just goes to show you that the singer <> the band.

Bach didn't even write most of SR's hits, did he?  I think that was the singer before him.

Pretty sure Bach has never written a song in his life.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24608
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:32 am

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Not to mention, his solo albums are generic crap like Sebastian Bach's.

It just goes to show you that the singer <> the band.

Bach didn't even write most of SR's hits, did he?  I think that was the singer before him.

Pretty sure Bach has never written a song in his life.

Bach has a handful of credits on the first 3 Skid Row albums, but I've always got the impression they were "pity credits". He was the Ringo to Sabo and Bolan's Lennon-McCartney. Razz

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24608
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:35 am

Eyesore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
...replacing one dead drug addict with another drug addict who will likely be dead soon just makes no sense to me.

I love both albums these guys have put out, but they only have themselves to blame. You can't replace a drug-addicted singer with a drug-addicted singer and expect a different outcome. That is monumentally stupid.

I really enjoy the first album with Weiland. I wanted to give this 2nd album a chance, despite my dislike of Stapp, but the 2 tunes I heard didn't do much for me.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5460
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Pretty sure Bach has never written a song in his life.

Yeah, that's my impression too. He's just a singer. So often people assume singers write their own parts. It's best when they do, but it certainly doesn't have to be that way.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 12270
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Pretty sure Bach has never written a song in his life.

Yeah, that's my impression too.  He's just a singer.  So often people assume singers write their own parts.  It's best when they do, but it certainly doesn't have to be that way.

I'm pretty sure he did help with writing some of the vocal melodies (a la Ozzy).  Laughing

I know he has a credit for the song "Piece of Me".
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11575
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Not to mention, his solo albums are generic crap like Sebastian Bach's.

It just goes to show you that the singer <> the band.

Bach didn't even write most of SR's hits, did he?  I think that was the singer before him.

Pretty sure Bach has never written a song in his life.

Bach has a handful of credits on the first 3 Skid Row albums, but I've always got the impression they were "pity credits". He was the Ringo to Sabo and Bolan's Lennon-McCartney. Razz

Lyrics mostly would be my guess.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11575
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
...replacing one dead drug addict with another drug addict who will likely be dead soon just makes no sense to me.

I love both albums these guys have put out, but they only have themselves to blame. You can't replace a drug-addicted singer with a drug-addicted singer and expect a different outcome. That is monumentally stupid.

I really enjoy the first album with Weiland. I wanted to give this 2nd album a chance, despite my dislike of Stapp, but the 2 tunes I heard didn't do much for me.

I'm not a fan of Stapp, either, but I liked how he sounded on this album. It didn't encourage me to buy his solo stuff or any Creed albums, but he sounds good.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   

Back to top Go down
 
Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Cool Interview with Scott Stapp
» Scott Henderson in Japan during quake
» Corey Taylor on Axl Rose and Scott Weiland
» Pam Scott of Ordained Fate
» THIS TIME ... IT'S UNOFFICIAL BAND WEBSITES!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: