Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 23999

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Mon May 09, 2016 10:23 am

brokentulsa wrote:
I have 9 albums by this band

9 albums? Shocked Wow. I had no idea they were so prolific. I thought they had maybe 3 or 4 tops. I figured after the success/infamy of the first 2, they'd just kinda limp into the sunset as their 15 minutes were up.

Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 31148

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Mon May 09, 2016 10:46 am

K.C. is pretty much the "Lenny Wolf and Friends Project" nowadays isn't it? I was under the impression that since the original band splintered he kept on truckin' with a revolving cast of backup musicians.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 23999

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Mon May 09, 2016 11:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
K.C. is pretty much the "Lenny Wolf and Friends Project" nowadays isn't it? I was under the impression that since the original band splintered he kept on truckin' with a revolving cast of backup musicians.

So it would seem. I was just reading up on them and yea, it's all Lenny's show now. Still, nine albums seems like allot to me for a band that received such bad press and negativity over the years. You'd think he would've folded up by now. Good for him keep-on keepin'-on, I guess.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1415

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Tue May 10, 2016 6:24 am

Year Album US UK[8] Certification
1988 Kingdom Come 12 43 Gold
1989 In Your Face 49 25 -
1991 Hands of Time - - -
1993 Bad Image - - -
1995 Twilight Cruiser - - -
1996 Live & Unplugged - - -
1997 Master Seven - - -
2000 Too - - -
2002 Independent - - -
2004 Perpetual - - -
2006 Ain't Crying for the Moon - - -
2009 Magnified - - -
2011 Rendered Waters - - -
2013 Outlier

I was surprised too - had to look it up -
But wow - they made it all the way up to -
"the Monsters of Rock" - concert
not many bands can claim that -
To go on before Metallica, back then, no thanks Smile
I think of the Blues Brothers - behind chicken wire -
at that Country Western bar -
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 377

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Tue May 10, 2016 7:24 pm

Glower wrote:

1991 Hands of Time - - -

1995 Twilight Cruiser - - -

2006 Ain't Crying for the Moon - - -

I have most of there cd's but the 3 above are worth picking up imho. †"Twilight Cruiser" †definitely........
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 31148

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:35 pm

Kingdom Come has called it quits via Facebook:

Lenny Wolf wrote:

Thoughts on the run

Dear Kingdom Come soldiers, fans and friends!

The Kingdom Come ship has reached its final destination, at least during my visit on our planet earth.

My decision is mainly caused by experiences I made throughout the last 3 years, during which the fun factor disappeared more and more, and our energy and hopes have repeatedly been crushed by people and circumstances beyond our control. Some folks out there may not believe it, but itís NOT all about money. I realized that chasing something which seems is not meant to be, trying to force things, would never lead to something good. Therefore itís time to let go.

Allow me to give you a brief insight into my modest self.

Iím happy about every camera NOT pointing at me. Iím happy about every email or Facefuck message Iím NOT receiving. Iím a rather private dude, who enjoys cruising through life without much noise, among true friends. Public recognition means nothing to me. Itís a sweet momentary kick, which helped me persuade the girls in my former wild days, but in the end it means nothing, and did not get me to a higher spiritual level. So I decided I'd rather sit on my boat and watch the birds shit on my head, NOT trying to figure out the sense of live.
For reference revisit my song ďInhaling the SilenceĒ. Only took me 50 years to figure that out. ;-)

It was a nice and overdue experience to share the stage with my old time Kingdom Come fellows, Johnny B Frank and Danny Stag one more time, which we finally came around to on our Florida cruise 2016. I never thought I would enjoy being locked up with so many people on a boat, but it was a great experience and a good way to organize my mind. Thatís what the ocean can do for you! ;-)

Itís been a fantastic 30 year long musical ride, for which I can only be VERY grateful. Having gone through good and bad times, in the end it was an exceptional way to explore our planet, having met countless wonderful people around the globe and building up memories that can not be taken away from me, or you.

Iím not saying that I will never write a song again, or never again enter a stage, but the chapter called ďKingdom ComeĒ is now closed. One day I may revisit the music scene with a new band called "Iron Banana", but until then, it is what it is.

I hope the Kingdom Come songs have given many of you energy, joy and strength, as they did for me. The Kingdom Come songs will live on, long after we all have turned to dust, and will hopefully do the same for many generations to come, unless of course, we have blown up our planet before then.

Not every decision I made was of glamorous choice, but hey, Iím only human. Before ending this note, I would like to express my personal gratitude to the following people who have held up the Kingdom Come flag in good, or bad times.

Marko Wolf, Felix Lethmate, Dirk Rhode, Ulf Zick, Derek Shulman, Olly Hahn, Jim Lewis, Rebecca Taylor, Dave Takas, Kate Deem, Bob Rock, Michael Miller, Matthias, Thorsten & Marc from ďJust MusicĒ Hamburg, Stan Diamond, Jens Reinhold, Carsten Wodniczak, Frank Trzaskowski, Alex Kovolev, Angelo Schiliro, Ingrid Kaplja Kreuzer, Martina Pokorny, Lotti, Olliver Sittl, Sepp Danner, Tommy Demetrov, Elke Friess.

And last, but not least, all the talented musicians who have contributed their fantastic playing skills to all the Kingdom Come records. Detailed info about who played what & where, can be found on our old website.

Should I have forgotten somebody, sorry, Iíll buy you dinner.

Marty Wolff, I miss you and I thank you!

To end it with Dannyís words: ďThe end, the beginning ÖÖÖĒ

Ahoy, and the very best to you all !

Lenny

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss

Number of posts : 19512

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:48 pm

I liked them but honestly if I did not subscribe to Classic Rock Magazine who reviewed their albums whenever they were released I would have figured that they had hung it up 25 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Come   

Back to top Go down

Kingdom Come
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2