HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Philly area record stores?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 889
Age : 34

PostSubject: Philly area record stores?   Sat May 21, 2016 11:41 am

Gonna be there briefly this week, any suggestions if I get time to hit a record store?
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Gilbert
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4846
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Philly area record stores?   Sat May 21, 2016 10:32 pm

My brother told me about a record store called long in the tooth.

But i don't have much info so i suggest you google it before going.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 889
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Philly area record stores?   Sun May 22, 2016 8:53 pm

cool looks like its half a mile from me, ill check it out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23835
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Philly area record stores?   Mon May 23, 2016 10:08 am

I have never been to or heard of Long In The Tooth, however, I see it's pretty close to work, so I might have to make a recon trip this week.

Bill, I'm assuming you're gonna be in Center City, so this place might be too far out of the way, but I recommend The Record Spot in far northeast Philly. I've been going there for 20+ years...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-record-spot-philadelphia

Word of caution. The place is tiny and packed to the rafters with cds, vinyl and dvds. If you make the trek, give yourself ample time to browse.

There was a place in downtown Philly around 2nd and Market Street called AKA Music. I haven't been there since last summer and it's possible that it closed up. I found some cool stuff there in the past.

EDIT: It appears that AKA Music is no longer. On the plus side, I have tentative plans on visiting Long In The Tooth this Wednesday with a co-worker.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 889
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Philly area record stores?   Mon May 23, 2016 8:23 pm

Sweet thanks fr the tips. I will try and get over there. I was actually at lunch at Jim's Steaks today (Great sandwich) we walked by Repo Records, so I stopped there which was cool. Found a Riot promo record.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23835
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Philly area record stores?   Tue May 24, 2016 10:32 am

BillRoxx wrote:
Sweet thanks fr the tips. I will try and get over there. I was actually at lunch at Jim's Steaks today (Great sandwich) we walked by Repo Records, so I stopped there which was cool. Found a Riot promo record.

It's been ages, but for my money, Jim's has the best cheese steaks in the city. Pat's, Geno's and Tony Luke's can all suck it.

I forgot about Repo Records. I haven't been to that area in a long time. Unfortunately there are no "chain" used shops in the Philly area, like Newbury Comics or Hastings. Most used shops that I used to visit have closed up. The newer mom & pop shops that are popping up in the city tend to cater to the vinyl and hipster crowd.

If you're still in town and you want to meet up at Long In the Tooth, I'm still planning a road trip there tomorrow (Wednesday) probably around 11:00 or so, if work allows.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23835
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Philly area record stores?   Wed May 25, 2016 3:10 pm

Gilbert wrote:
My brother told me about a record store called long in the tooth.

But i don't have much info so i suggest you google it before going.

Gilbert, thanks for the heads-up. I made the trek today with another guy from work. It's a bear to drive into center city during lunch and parking was $16 for a little over an hour. But the music haul was worth it.

Long in the Tooth has a pretty big selection of used cds and vinyl and reasonably priced. I didn't go for any vinyl (my buddy got a few albums), but the most I paid for 1 cd was $9.99 (Indestructible Noise Command's Razorback), while most others were $7.99 or less with some being as low as $3.

I would certainly go back there, although I'd probably investigate an alternative mode of transportation. I'm sure I could get there via subway.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4846
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Philly area record stores?   Thu May 26, 2016 11:50 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
My brother told me about a record store called long in the tooth.

But i don't have much info so i suggest you google it before going.

Gilbert, thanks for the heads-up. I made the trek today with another guy from work. It's a bear to drive into center city during lunch and parking was $16 for a little over an hour. But the music haul was worth it.

Long in the Tooth has a pretty big selection of used cds and vinyl and reasonably priced. I didn't go for any vinyl (my buddy got a few albums), but the most I paid for 1 cd was $9.99 (Indestructible Noise Command's Razorback), while most others were $7.99 or less with some being as low as $3.

I would certainly go back there, although I'd probably investigate an alternative mode of transportation. I'm sure I could get there via subway.

Glad i was able to help. My brother spends a lot of time in the US and he is always on the hunt for record shops wherever he goes. So i can assist when you need my help.

Enjoy your albums \m/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Philly area record stores?   

Back to top Go down
 
Philly area record stores?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Bob Marley art - Burnin' on vinyl record
» Free Ulterium Records Sampler
» Samples of new Stryper record!!!
» Michael Sweet with BOSTON ?
» Robert Sweet (Stryper) NOT playing on the new album!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: