Share | 

Sumerlands - new band from Magic Circle/Stone Dagger members

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 2042

PostSubject: Sumerlands - new band from Magic Circle/Stone Dagger members   Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:07 am

Some of you guys might dig this. I know I sure am. Sumerlands is the newest project from Justin Detore, who, aside from being in about 20 notable hardcore/punk bands, is also in Magic Circle and Stone Dagger--two of the best bands in recent memory, as far as I'm concerned.

New full length from Sumerlands just came out, or is about to come out(?), on Relapse...like the bands mentioned above, it's got the elements of 80s metal, NWOBHM, Sabbath, stronery type stuff...whatever. The bandcamp link is below.

https://sumerlands.bandcamp.com/releases

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6057

PostSubject: Re: Sumerlands - new band from Magic Circle/Stone Dagger members   Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:42 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Some of you guys might dig this. I know I sure am. Sumerlands is the newest project from Justin Detore, who, aside from being in about 20 notable hardcore/punk bands, is also in Magic Circle and Stone Dagger--two of the best bands in recent memory, as far as I'm concerned.

New full length from Sumerlands just came out, or is about to come out(?), on Relapse...like the bands mentioned above, it's got the elements of 80s metal, NWOBHM, Sabbath, stronery type stuff...whatever. The bandcamp link is below.

I need to pick this up. Thanks for the reminder!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 13525

PostSubject: Re: Sumerlands - new band from Magic Circle/Stone Dagger members   Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:00 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:

The vocalist Phil Swanson was in the band Hour Of 13. It is a really good album.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Sumerlands - new band from Magic Circle/Stone Dagger members   Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:11 am

nevermore wrote:
The vocalist Phil Swanson was in the band Hour Of 13.  It is a really good album.

Never heard of them, but the album covers look cool--I'll check 'em out.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 23835

PostSubject: Re: Sumerlands - new band from Magic Circle/Stone Dagger members   Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:14 am

That sounds pretty decent. I could dig this. $17 (13 + 4 s/h) bucks for a cd seems a little steep though. I'll put them on my "maybe" list.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Sumerlands - new band from Magic Circle/Stone Dagger members   Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:30 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That sounds pretty decent. I could dig this. $17 (13 + 4 s/h) bucks for a cd seems a little steep though. I'll put them on my "maybe" list.

It's on Amazon for $11.99...not sure if you have Prime...I never really consider shipping costs, since I do, but there is that, if you felt inclined.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sumerlands - new band from Magic Circle/Stone Dagger members   

Back to top Go down

Sumerlands - new band from Magic Circle/Stone Dagger members
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1