HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Top 10 of the 2016 releases

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 42

PostSubject: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:28 pm

So, with 2016 coming to an end, what would your top 10 list look like?

Here is mine:
1- Testament: brotherhood of the snake

2- Flotsam and Jetsam: s/t

3- Helstar: Vampiro

4- paragon: hell beyond hell

5- kryptos: burn up the night

6- iron mask: diabolica

7- iron savior: titancraft

8- herman frank: the devil rides out

9- mystic prophecy: war brigade

10- tygers of pan tang: s/t

Would like to read your lists.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:15 pm

Correction: metal church xi instead of paragon (my apologies)
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:12 pm

No one has at least a top 3???
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3253
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:27 pm

I probably take like 3 years to decide what I really like any given year. Not to mention all the stuff I buy years later.

Of your list, I only own the War Brigade. Not quite fully sure where I'd rank it yet. I did rank it on Rate Your Music though, but will probably return and change it later.

I actually do own the new Testament, but I haven't played it yet. I won't be home until after Christmas, so it's going to take some time still.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2042
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:36 pm

Checking out Kryptos now. Hadn't heard of them before.

I also still want to hear the Tygers of Pan Tang....didn't Angel Witch also do an album this year?

So far, none of the metal albums have really made a huge impression this year. I'm still letting Hardwired sink in. The Testament is pretty good, but not a top 10 or anything. Suicidal was disappointing for me. Others I checked out were kinda boring or mediocre, like Hammerfall, Anthrax, probably something I'm forgetting.

Probably my favorite thing release in 2016 was a 7" from hardcore/crossover band Red Death.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6053
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:46 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Checking out Kryptos now. Hadn't heard of them before.

I also still want to hear the Tygers of Pan Tang....didn't Angel Witch also do an album this year?


Nope. No Angel Witch this year. Tygers, Diamond Head, Quartz and Grim Reaper all released albums this year.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2042
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:49 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Checking out Kryptos now. Hadn't heard of them before.

I also still want to hear the Tygers of Pan Tang....didn't Angel Witch also do an album this year?


Nope.  No Angel Witch this year.  Tygers, Diamond Head, Quartz and Grim Reaper all released albums this year.

Ahh, I think I was thinking of Diamond Head, still need to check that out. Didn't know about Quartz having a new one, so add that to the list. I wasn't into the initial promo track from the new GR...but I will give the full album a shot.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 11719
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:17 pm

Flotsam & Jetsam
Metal Church
Megadeth
Prong
Testament
Anthrax
Suicidal Tendencies
Metallica
Crowbar
Death Angel
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:29 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Checking out Kryptos now. Hadn't heard of them before.

I also still want to hear the Tygers of Pan Tang....didn't Angel Witch also do an album this year?

So far, none of the metal albums have really made a huge impression this year. I'm still letting Hardwired sink in. The Testament is pretty good, but not a top 10 or anything. Suicidal was disappointing for me. Others I checked out were kinda boring or mediocre, like Hammerfall, Anthrax, probably something I'm forgetting.

Probably my favorite thing release in 2016 was a 7" from hardcore/crossover band Red Death.


Hope you got to check kryptos. Great band from india. Those guys were a surprise find for me as i was surfing through youtube. I instantly ordered their latest album and hope to check their earlier catalogue.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4963
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:32 am

it looks like my list is essentially gonna be:

Kayo Dot - Plastic House on Base of Sky
Fates Warning - Theories of Flight (even though I've only jammed it twice)
David Bowie - Blackstar
Artillery - Penalty by Perception
Obscura - Akroasis

those are the only releases from 2016 I have in my iTunes, at least. i'd have to take a look at the releases on RYM to see what all has even come out this year that's been on my radar.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1717
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:54 am

1. Cheap Trick—Bang Zoom Crazy…Hello
2. Reckless Love—InVader
3. Testament—Brotherhood of the Snake
4. Suicidal Tendencies—World Gone Mad
5. Fates Warning—Theories of Flight
6. Metallica—Hardwired…To Self-Destruct
7. Megadeth—Dystopia
8. Michael Sweet—One Sided War
9. Opeth—Sorceress
10. Ihsahn—Arktis

Biggest disappointments:
Dream Theater—The Astonishing
Blaze Bayley—Infinite Entanglement
Dee Snider—We Are the Ones
The Last Vegas—Eat Me


Also, there were some great live releases this year:

Judas Priest—Battle Cry
Tesla—Mechanical Resonance Live!
Night Ranger—35 Years and a Night in Chicago
Twisted Sister—Metal Meltdown (live)
Doro—Strong and Proud - 30 Years of Rock and Metal

Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1012
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 am

Holy Grail is pretty good with Times of Pride and Peril.

Wurthless wrote:
it looks like my list is essentially gonna be:

Kayo Dot - Plastic House on Base of Sky
Fates Warning - Theories of Flight (even though I've only jammed it twice)
David Bowie - Blackstar
Artillery - Penalty by Perception
Obscura - Akroasis

those are the only releases from 2016 I have in my iTunes, at least. i'd have to take a look at the releases on RYM to see what all has even come out this year that's been on my radar.

Pacific Myth?
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2042
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:17 am

Gilbert wrote:
Hope you got to check kryptos.  Great band from india. Those guys were a surprise find for me as i was surfing through youtube. I instantly ordered their latest album and hope to check their earlier catalogue.

I did listen to that newest on Spotify yesterday, and I dug it! Gonna give it another listen today and maybe listen to one of the earlier efforts they have Spotify. Good recommendation!
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 922
Age : 51

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:48 pm

Purchased 9 new releases in 2016, below are my Top 5:

1. Pretty Maids - Kingmaker
2. Cheap Trick - Bang, Zoom, Crazy...Hello
3. Kansas - The Prelude Implicit
4. Primal Fear - Rulebreaker
5. Magnum - Sacred Blood, Divine Lies
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:27 pm

Red Kitty wrote:
Purchased 9 new releases in 2016, below are my Top 5:

1.  Pretty Maids - Kingmaker
2.  Cheap Trick - Bang, Zoom, Crazy...Hello
3.  Kansas - The Prelude Implicit
4.  Primal Fear - Rulebreaker
5.  Magnum - Sacred Blood, Divine Lies

Still need to check the new pretty maids.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2042
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:30 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Checking out Kryptos now. Hadn't heard of them before.

I also still want to hear the Tygers of Pan Tang....didn't Angel Witch also do an album this year?


Nope.  No Angel Witch this year.  Tygers, Diamond Head, Quartz and Grim Reaper all released albums this year.

Ahh, I think I was thinking of Diamond Head, still need to check that out. Didn't know about Quartz having a new one, so add that to the list. I wasn't into the initial promo track from the new GR...but I will give the full album a shot.

After a cursory listening:
-New Tygers album--not into it at all
-New Quartz album is killer!
-New Diamond Head is also Killer! I don't know which of the two I like better.
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 20227
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:10 pm

Besides Metal Church being number 1 for me, the rest are not in any particular order.

Metal Church - XI
Vicious Rumors - Concussion Protocol
Primal Fear - Rulebreaker
Paradox - Pangea
Death Angel - The Evil Divide
Artillery - Penalty By Perception
Flotsam And Jetsam - s/t
Ace Frehley - Origins, Vol.I
Anthrax - For All Kings
Megadeth - Dystopia

There are 2 from this year that I haven't gotten around to purchasing yet (Rage & Testament), but I should be rectifying that within a week or so.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:34 pm

007 wrote:
Besides Metal Church being number 1 for me, the rest are not in any particular order.

Metal Church - XI
Vicious Rumors - Concussion Protocol
Primal Fear - Rulebreaker
Paradox - Pangea
Death Angel - The Evil Divide
Artillery - Penalty By Perception
Flotsam And Jetsam - s/t
Ace Frehley - Origins, Vol.I
Anthrax - For All Kings
Megadeth - Dystopia

There are 2 from this year that I haven't gotten around to purchasing yet (Rage & Testament), but I should be rectifying that within a week or so.

Picked up Rage but i haven't given it any listen so far. Might revisit my list after all.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3313
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:21 am

1 Megadeth - Dystopia
2 Destruction - Under Attack
3 Metal Church - XI
4 Sodom - Decision Day
5 Anthrax - For All Kings
6 Darkthrone - Arctic Thunder
7 Testament - Brotherhood Of The Snake
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4963
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:33 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Holy Grail is pretty good with Times of Pride and Peril.

Wurthless wrote:
it looks like my list is essentially gonna be:

Kayo Dot - Plastic House on Base of Sky
Fates Warning - Theories of Flight (even though I've only jammed it twice)
David Bowie - Blackstar
Artillery - Penalty by Perception
Obscura - Akroasis

those are the only releases from 2016 I have in my iTunes, at least. i'd have to take a look at the releases on RYM to see what all has even come out this year that's been on my radar.

Pacific Myth?

damn i kind of forgot those came out this year, lol. i love both the Holy Grail and the new PtH. i'll see where those factor in on my top list.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:41 pm

Primal fear was a good release. But i did not give it a proper listen. I guess i should stop buying music for a while, until i have completed listening to the piles of cds i got this year. That would also possibly affect my current top 10 list.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 19451
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:26 pm

This was such a great year for hard rock and metal. I didn't get to pick up every album I wanted to purchase. I'm working on a Top 25 to be released on YouTube. Getting it down to only 25 was difficult and will require deleting some great albums.

_________________
ULTIMATUM - TOO METAL FOR WIKIPEDIA!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:49 pm

When can we expect a NLTM update Ult?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
avatar

Number of posts : 22384
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:51 pm

The King's List for 2016
1. Phantom 5 - S/T
2. Cruzh - S/T
3. Haken - Affinity
4. Vega - Who We Are
5. Sodom - Decision Day
6. Metal Church - XI
7. Nordic Union - S/T
8. Treat - Ghost of Graceland
9. Q5 - New World Order
10. Megadeth - Dystopia

11. Horisont - Odyssey
12. Tusmorke - Fort Bak Lyset
13. Primal Fear - Rulebreaker
14. Avenger of Blood - On Slaying Grounds
15. Running Wild - Rapid Foray
16. Tyketto - Reach
17. Metallica - Hardwired To Self-Destruct
18. Civil War - The Last Full Measure
19. Neal Morse - The Similitude of a Dream
20. Theocracy - Ghost Ship

21. Testament - Brotherhood of the Snake
22. Airbourne - Breakin' Outta Hell
23. Narnia - S/T
24. King Company - One for the Road
25. Sabaton - The Last Stand
26. Dust Bolt - Mass Confusion
27. Avantasia - Ghostlights
28. Striker - Stand in the Fire
29. Povertys No Crime - Spiral of Fear
30. Hammerfall - Built To Last

Honorable Mention:
Cauldron - In Ruin
Wolf People - Ruins
Serious Black - Mirrorworld
Hell in the Club - Shadow of the Monster
Hardline - Human Nature
Lordi - Monstereophonic (Theaterror vs Demonarchy)
Holy Grail - Times of Pride and Peril
Paradox - Pangea
Sinbreed - Master Creator
The Defiants - S/T
Artillery - Penalty by Perception
Myrath - Legacy

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Gilbert
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4842
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:57 am

We all seem to have forgotten about amon amarth. Their latest cd is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Top 10 of the 2016 releases   

Back to top Go down
 
Top 10 of the 2016 releases
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» SCANDAL ARENA TOUR 2015-2016 ?PERFECT WORLD?
» NEW ALBUMS FOR 2016!!!
» PERFECT WORLD - 2016-01-15 (MAMI)
» Osaka - 2016-02-13 (RINA)
» Valentine's Day - 2016-02-14 (RINA)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: