HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3693
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:54 pm

I thought Rogue One was better than this.
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 468
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:34 pm

Lari wrote:
I thought Rogue One was better than this.

I liked the last Jedi, but Rogue one was the better movie.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 32259
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:01 am

Finally saw "Last Jedi" on Netflix last night. I must be easier to please than most fanboys cuz I liked it just fine. In fact I'll probably watch it again sometime soon.

I will admit that the so-called "flying Space Leia" scene was a bit much...but at least it reminded me of a similar scene in the late '70s Italian Star Wars knock off Star Crash, which is a personal B-Movie favorite of mine. Otherwise I had no complaints.

_________________
"I am reluctant to get too deep into politics, and I donít expect politicians to get too deep into music."
- Paul Stanley

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 16365
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Finally saw "Last Jedi" on Netflix last night. I must be easier to please than most fanboys cuz I liked it just fine. In fact I'll probably watch it again sometime soon.

I will admit that the so-called "flying Space Leia" scene was a bit much...but at least it reminded me of a similar scene in the late '70s Italian Star Wars knock off Star Crash, which is a personal B-Movie favorite of mine. Otherwise I had no complaints.

Everyone in my family (including me) enjoyed it so I don't understand all the hate.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6297
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:39 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Finally saw "Last Jedi" on Netflix last night. I must be easier to please than most fanboys cuz I liked it just fine. In fact I'll probably watch it again sometime soon.

I will admit that the so-called "flying Space Leia" scene was a bit much...but at least it reminded me of a similar scene in the late '70s Italian Star Wars knock off Star Crash, which is a personal B-Movie favorite of mine. Otherwise I had no complaints.

Everyone in my family (including me) enjoyed it so I don't understand all the hate.

It's an absolutely brilliant film. I went in with modest expectations and came out cheering, even to this day.

Honestly, can the naysayers at least appreciate the constant, insane visuals on display? No one seems to be talking about that, especially the intense color-blinding duel with Snoke's men. Anyone?

I also forgot to mention that I revisited every canonical SW film, from Ep 1 to Rogue One to Force Awakens, all immediately before my initial viewing of Last Jedi, and yes I can say it fits PERFECTLY. Best news? It totally resurrected (awakened?) my long-dead love for Star Wars. While Rogue One got the ball rolling (an extremely good entry), Last Jedi restored my faith.

It's too bad J.J. "play-it-safe" Abrams is returning to helm the next one--I think Rian Johnson blew the doors wide open by taking huge unprecedented risks (that has obviously led to a very divided audience).
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 826
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:30 am

That duel was one of my least favorite scenes. Not that the duel was bad, I liked the fighting, but that whole set looked like a Hollywood movie set, not a throne room from another world. Worse SW movie ever made IMO, and I doubt very seriously that I'll go see that trilogy they are talking about making with him directing it.

I did see Solo the other day, and though it had some lame stuff too, it was actually a good movie. Much better than I was expecting.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6297
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:19 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
That duel was one of my least favorite scenes. Not that the duel was bad, I liked the fighting, but that whole set looked like a Hollywood movie set, not a throne room from another world. Worse SW movie ever made IMO, and I doubt very seriously that I'll go see that trilogy they are talking about making with him directing it.

I did see Solo the other day, and though it had some lame stuff too, it was actually a good movie. Much better than I was expecting.

Pretty much every set in the original trilogy feels common and looks like a Hollywood set. Have you ever looked very closely at the Bespin matte? It's like they stole it from Logan's Run. Degobah is obviously not a natural habitat. And let's not forget Lucas's aesthetic goal is the OT was to make the world very much like ours, not necessarily otherworldly.

And what the hell is wrong with a practical Hollywood set? I love em, gives it that classic feel, and there's over a hundred in this movie! I'd rather take that than the visual overload of cg we got in the prequels. This felt way more organic...

...just like 1977, baby. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1798
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:34 am

Huh didn't know it was on Netflix, will have to check it out. Saw it in the theater and would like to see it again.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 32259
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:16 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Huh didn't know it was on Netflix, will have to check it out. Saw it in the theater and would like to see it again.

It just hit Netflix earlier this week.

_________________
"I am reluctant to get too deep into politics, and I donít expect politicians to get too deep into music."
- Paul Stanley

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 826
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:33 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
That duel was one of my least favorite scenes. Not that the duel was bad, I liked the fighting, but that whole set looked like a Hollywood movie set, not a throne room from another world. Worse SW movie ever made IMO, and I doubt very seriously that I'll go see that trilogy they are talking about making with him directing it.

I did see Solo the other day, and though it had some lame stuff too, it was actually a good movie. Much better than I was expecting.

Pretty much every set in the original trilogy feels common and looks like a Hollywood set. Have you ever looked very closely at the Bespin matte? It's like they stole it from Logan's Run. Degobah is obviously not a natural habitat. And let's not forget Lucas's aesthetic goal is the OT was to make the world very much like ours, not necessarily otherworldly.

And what the hell is wrong with a practical Hollywood set? I love em, gives it that classic feel, and there's over a hundred in this movie! I'd rather take that than the visual overload of cg we got in the prequels. This felt way more organic...

...just like 1977, baby. \'arry \'eadbanger
The old ones I forgive because there wasnít much choice. I thought that whole set was just too much like a stage. I think maybe because it was so open looking and not a lot of detail in the room made it look too much like some common theater stage. Iím happy they are using more props instead of the cgi George Lucas did with the prequels, but that particular scene bugged me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   

Back to top Go down
 
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Worst lines from Star Wars
» How Star Wars 7 SHOULD have ended! LOL
» MAD Magazine's Star Wars predictions 1982
» Darth Vader attacks Jedi church
» Black Star & Metromedia: Woodford Park, St Andrews. February 1984

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: