HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Criminally Underrated albums topic ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
anthrax_fan
Metal novice
Metal novice
avatar

Number of posts : 26
Age : 42

PostSubject: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:25 am

There are Lots to mention on this issue . Some few I can remeber : Fates Warning - Inside Out . Nuclear Assault - 3rd World Genocide and Somehting Wicked . Deliverance - Assimilation and What a Joke . The list goes on and on and on ...
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 4556
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:51 am

Testament-Souls of Black
Slagged a lot but I like it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 20837
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:46 pm

Sepultura - Schizophrenia; this album almost never seems to get mentioned when people talk about how awesome Beneath the Remains and Arise are (rightfully so on those two, especially the former, one of my top five metal albums ever).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 19054
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:31 pm

Flotsam And Jetsam - My God

I don't see this one get a lot of mention, but I think it's a phenomenal album.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4694
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:02 pm

007 wrote:
Flotsam And Jetsam - My God

I don't see this one get a lot of mention, but I think it's a phenomenal album.

I couldn't agree more. This is a fantastic album. Was lucky to find a copy at a tiny record shop in paris earlier this year.

Tankard's zombie attack should also rank high among the speed/thrash classics of the 80s.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 11672
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:41 pm

I agree with Souls of Black and My God. I would also add Overkill's I Hear Black and Kreator's Outcast. I think they're better than what the general consensus made of them...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
avatar

Number of posts : 9073
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:26 pm

Sepultura - Against. I love the hardcore influence on this one. I think a lot of people initially dismissed it originally due to the shock of no Max. People dismiss it now because it wasn't a continuation of Roots (which was the first Soulfly album)

Fear of God - Toxic Voodoo. People seemed not to care for the heavier, less gothic sound from their first one. I thought it was a great piece of doomy groove metal.

Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death. As much praise as Sepultura, Demolition Hammer and other get (and deserve), I hate that this kickass band/album is almost never mentioned.

Wehrmacht - Shark Attack. Classic crossover album on par with anything Suicidal, Ludichrist, Hirax, or Crumbsuckers were putting out at the time.

Life of Agony - Broken Valley. Just a terrific hard rock album that was all but over looked because people still expect River Runs Red II.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
anthrax_fan
Metal novice
Metal novice
avatar

Number of posts : 26
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:38 pm

Exodus - Pleasures of the Flesh is a pretty underrated album .
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 30639
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Dokken's Dysfunctional was a pretty legit comeback album but it was pretty much ignored.

_________________
""We would absolutely love to put out a new record and get lumped in with all of the other '80s bands out there that still record and put out records that nobody really buys."
- Jeff LaBar, CINDERELLA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11043
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:01 pm

anthrax_fan wrote:
There are Lots to mention on this issue . Some few I can remeber : Fates Warning - Inside Out . Nuclear Assault - 3rd World Genocide and Somehting Wicked . Deliverance - Assimilation and What a Joke . The list goes on and on and on ...

Agreed on Inside Out. Different, sure, but it's a damn good album. I'm likely more forgiving because it was my intro to Fates Warning.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11043
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:04 pm

mc666 wrote:
Fear of God - Toxic Voodoo. People seemed not to care for the heavier, less gothic sound from their first one. I thought it was a great piece of doomy groove metal.

Life of Agony - Broken Valley. Just a terrific hard rock album that was all but over looked because people still expect River Runs Red II.

Toxic Voodoo is a really good album. "Beyond the Veil" is such a badass opener! And Dawn's voice...man, so f*cking good. Shame she died.

I also really dig Broken Valley. Not their best, but a great one. I'm loving the two tracks they've released from their upcoming album, too.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11043
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:08 pm

Metallica's Load and Reload. I understand why these albums don't sit well with many Metallica fans, but I think they're both excellent. Rock albums, for sure, and not what Metallica was known for at the time, but that doesn't make a difference to me. To me, they're the last great Metallica albums. Wish they'd have continued in that direction instead of trying to force the whole "thrash metal" thing on subsequent albums.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
avatar

Number of posts : 9073
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Metallica's Load and Reload. I understand why these albums don't sit well with many Metallica fans, but I think they're both excellent. Rock albums, for sure, and not what Metallica was known for at the time, but that doesn't make a difference to me. To me, they're the last great Metallica albums. Wish they'd have continued in that direction instead of trying to force the whole "thrash metal" thing on subsequent albums.

I've been getting into Load in the last couple of months. I wasn't a big fan of the self titled album either, so it's not like I avoided it because I thought they sold out or something. I just fell out of love with Metallica around 1990. Didn't get back on board until St. Anger (which I like & heavily mocked for). Since then I've been going back & kind of rediscovering the post Justice albums. Load seems to be the strongest, song wise, of the lot of them. Really not a bad album.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
Stender
The lost Ramone
avatar

Number of posts : 6377
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Cro mags- 'near death experience'

Seems like people only like to talk about age of quarrel, and even lesser best wishes, but there was some killer stuff on this album, the new vocal styles by John Joseph are cool and not really present on other cro mags albums.

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
avatar

Number of posts : 6377
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:18 pm

Black sabbath- Forbidden

People talk so so so much shit on this album because they don't like ice cube, but whatever thats like one song, the rest in my opinion is actually really good.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6818
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:30 pm

Metallica-Load & ReLoad
Megadeth-Risk
Black Sabbath-Forbidden & Technical Ecstasy
Extreme-Waiting For The Punchline
Motley Crue-S/T
Kreator-Endorama
Led Zeppelin-Presence (a lot of people I know pan it and it's my fave Zep)
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2069
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:46 pm

Anything I say is gonna get slagged. So, I will let ya have at this one: Bride - Snakes in the Playground
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 19054
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:50 pm

Stender wrote:
Black sabbath- Forbidden

People talk so so so much shit on this album because they don't like ice cube, but whatever thats like one song, the rest in my opinion is actually really good.


Oh yeah I agree completely.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 4556
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:07 pm

Wasn't Snakes pretty much Bride's most popular album?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11043
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Metallica's Load and Reload. I understand why these albums don't sit well with many Metallica fans, but I think they're both excellent. Rock albums, for sure, and not what Metallica was known for at the time, but that doesn't make a difference to me. To me, they're the last great Metallica albums. Wish they'd have continued in that direction instead of trying to force the whole "thrash metal" thing on subsequent albums.

I've been getting into Load in the last couple of months. I wasn't a big fan of the self titled album either, so it's not like I avoided it because I thought they sold out or something. I just fell out of love with Metallica around 1990. Didn't get back on board until St. Anger (which I like & heavily mocked for). Since then I've been going back & kind of rediscovering the post Justice albums. Load seems to be the strongest, song wise, of the lot of them. Really not a bad album.

Load is probably the catchiest of the two, so I guess I'd agree that it's better. Not by much, though.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
avatar

Number of posts : 4556
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:12 pm

Biggest problem with Forbidden was the crappy recording sound.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal novice
Metal novice
avatar

Number of posts : 26
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:52 pm

I Hear Black by Overkill is such a FANTASTIC album . I´d describe it as a somewhat "sludge thrash" or something . Heavily influenced by Black Sabbath . Traditional Heavy Metal roots still present . a solid album , that doesn´t get the recognition it deserves .
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master


Number of posts : 697
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:10 pm

Megadeth-Cryptic Writings. Maybe slightly more commercial , but I found Trust, The Disintegrators, Mastermind, Vortex, She-Wolf, and FFF to be solid songs.

Hammerfall: Chapter V-Unbound, Unbent, Unbroken. This album contains one of my all time favorite Hammerfall tunes in Fury of the Wild, and the rest of the album isnt half bad either.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1402
Age : 52

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:01 am

Metallica-Load & ReLoad - is criminally underrated ? !! ?
I will say this, re-listening to a CD, does,
sometimes make you appreciate the band, the release date, a little more.
For instance, yesterday, in my car, on the highway, rainy out,
I got my CD wallet...and took out Paul DiAnnos Battlezone "Children of Madness"
By the time the sixth song was playing -
it was like I had awakened...and thought " this is a damn good release "
and DiAnno - was - part of the original Maiden line up.....
So that's my choice !
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 20837
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:14 am

anthrax_fan wrote:
Exodus - Pleasures of the Flesh is a pretty underrated album .

It is! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   

Back to top Go down
 
Criminally Underrated albums topic ...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» STOOGES Albums TOP 5
» The Most Overrated & Underrated Stooges Songs
» Comedy Albums.
» Favourite Underrated Guitarist.
» Blue Oyster Cult - The Complete Columbia Albums Box Set

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: