HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Whatīs the limit between Euro Power Metal and "Flower Metal" ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
anthrax_fan
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Whatīs the limit between Euro Power Metal and "Flower Metal" ??   Wed May 10, 2017 8:03 pm

I.M.O. , "Raw" Power Metal would be the sound of , letīs say , bands like Grave Digger , Running Wild and Paragon . Melodic Power Metal would be like : Stratovarius , Helloween , Gamma Ray , Scanner and Iron Savior (Iron Savior kinda of transitioning between "Raw" and "Melodic" Power Metal) AND "Flower Metal" bands like Angra (for the most part) AND Aquaria .

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 23762

PostSubject: Re: Whatīs the limit between Euro Power Metal and "Flower Metal" ??   Wed May 10, 2017 11:02 pm

"Flower Metal" for me is when they add choirs and orchestras to every song in an attempt to make everything more "epic". That's where they lose me.

Metal Wanker

Number of posts : 4556

PostSubject: Re: Whatīs the limit between Euro Power Metal and "Flower Metal" ??   Thu May 11, 2017 12:50 pm

Hard to define but I know it when I hear it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 30627

PostSubject: Re: Whatīs the limit between Euro Power Metal and "Flower Metal" ??   Thu May 11, 2017 2:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
"Flower Metal" for me is when they add choirs and orchestras to every song in an attempt to make everything more "epic". That's where they lose me.

^^ What he said. Also, when the guitars are so heavily synthesized they sound like a Casio keyboard.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on HubPages: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
NEW IN 2017: for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 696

PostSubject: Re: Whatīs the limit between Euro Power Metal and "Flower Metal" ??   Fri May 12, 2017 5:19 pm

Even though I like them, Twilight Force would probably qualify as "Flower Metal"

(Still, cant deny thats one catchy song)
Back to top Go down
Glower
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1402

PostSubject: Re: Whatīs the limit between Euro Power Metal and "Flower Metal" ??   Fri May 12, 2017 9:23 pm

Flower metal ? ? .....hmmmmm.....never heard that term before -
That's what glam metal fell under, back in the day !
But flower metal....I'd say is close to stoner metal ha ha
I heard Robert Plant was talked about as a flower power hippie idealist...
That's what they said about him in the 70s....
Have you heard of Enuff Znuff....to me they were flower metal oriented !
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Whatīs the limit between Euro Power Metal and "Flower Metal" ??   Sat May 13, 2017 9:30 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Hard to define but I know it when I hear it.

Same with me .
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King

Number of posts : 22292

PostSubject: Re: Whatīs the limit between Euro Power Metal and "Flower Metal" ??   Sat May 13, 2017 9:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

^^ What he said. Also, when the guitars are so heavily synthesized they sound like a Casio keyboard.

that would do it for me too. Kinda like Rhapsody nowadays...

Master Sailboat

Number of posts : 9073

PostSubject: Re: Whatīs the limit between Euro Power Metal and "Flower Metal" ??   Sat May 13, 2017 11:42 pm

I consider it "flower" when it has no muscle to the music. So bands like Helloween, Grave Digger, Running Wild, & Gamma Ray would not fall into this category for me.

Master Of The Crotch Grab

Number of posts : 6817

PostSubject: Re: Whatīs the limit between Euro Power Metal and "Flower Metal" ??   Fri May 19, 2017 4:30 pm

I think all power metal is kinda flowery actually, but to answer this actual question, I'm with monty. No muscle, no power.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1364

PostSubject: Re: Whatīs the limit between Euro Power Metal and "Flower Metal" ??   Fri May 19, 2017 4:49 pm

some bands can be both euro and flower metal...Pretty Maids, W.E.T., House Of Lords and Eclipse all come to mind...Sometimes they are good raw euro power metal and sometimes they are very keyboard heavy AOR flower metal...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whatīs the limit between Euro Power Metal and "Flower Metal" ??   

Back to top Go down

Whatīs the limit between Euro Power Metal and "Flower Metal" ??
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1