AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 11575

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:37 pm

Lari wrote:
Update:

Another thing I was really thrilled about is reading that youíve started working on a new Demons & Wizards album with Hansi KŁrsch of Blind Guardian. How did it come about?
Jon: Weíve been talking about that for years, but now we actually made the commitment to do it. And we started working on it. Itís always been really tough to get our schedules to line up, but weíre going to do it. I canít Ďsay when itís going to be finished, weíre really early in the process. And now Iíve got a new record coming out and Hansi is doing on the classical record, singing in the studio. I hope by 2018 or 2019 at the latest weíll have the record finished. Weíve done two songs and they are pretty cool. Iíve got another instrumental piece to send over to Hansi to work on.

Like I said, whenever he can get to it. Itís hard for me to get into the songwriting mode when Iím bouncing back and forth to Europe. This is my fourth trip to Europe in six weeks. Itís pretty intense. So itís hard to get into that, that meditative state to get connected to the music. I want to make the Demons & Wizards album killer, so I want to do it right. So itís probably going to be when I have longer holes in the schedule so I can focus on it. Because if I only go home for a week, Iím not going to be in songwriting mode. I canít just turn it on like that.

So, where is the album going music-wise looking at those new songs? Youíve both matured as songwriters since the last album.
Jon: Itís so early, I canít tell you where Hansiís going to go lyrically. Thatís his department. I help him when he needs me to, and Iíve written the lyrics for a couple of songs. In terms of music, itís actually pretty different but I know that there will beÖ Itís me and Hansi, itís going to be the next step. Itís going to be completely authentic, I can tell you that. Iím looking forward to seeing what it sounds like too.

https://www.hardwiredmagazine.com/jon-schaffer-iced-earth-the-days-of-music-business-slavery-are-gone/?lang=en

What's the talking about here?

"And now Iíve got a new record coming out and Hansi is doing on the classical record, singing in the studio."

What new record does he having coming out?

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King

Number of posts : 22616

PostSubject: Re: Third Demons & Wizards album   Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:22 am

Eyesore wrote:
Lari wrote:
Update:

Another thing I was really thrilled about is reading that youíve started working on a new Demons & Wizards album with Hansi KŁrsch of Blind Guardian. How did it come about?
Jon: Weíve been talking about that for years, but now we actually made the commitment to do it. And we started working on it. Itís always been really tough to get our schedules to line up, but weíre going to do it. I canít Ďsay when itís going to be finished, weíre really early in the process. And now Iíve got a new record coming out and Hansi is doing on the classical record, singing in the studio. I hope by 2018 or 2019 at the latest weíll have the record finished. Weíve done two songs and they are pretty cool. Iíve got another instrumental piece to send over to Hansi to work on.

Like I said, whenever he can get to it. Itís hard for me to get into the songwriting mode when Iím bouncing back and forth to Europe. This is my fourth trip to Europe in six weeks. Itís pretty intense. So itís hard to get into that, that meditative state to get connected to the music. I want to make the Demons & Wizards album killer, so I want to do it right. So itís probably going to be when I have longer holes in the schedule so I can focus on it. Because if I only go home for a week, Iím not going to be in songwriting mode. I canít just turn it on like that.

So, where is the album going music-wise looking at those new songs? Youíve both matured as songwriters since the last album.
Jon: Itís so early, I canít tell you where Hansiís going to go lyrically. Thatís his department. I help him when he needs me to, and Iíve written the lyrics for a couple of songs. In terms of music, itís actually pretty different but I know that there will beÖ Itís me and Hansi, itís going to be the next step. Itís going to be completely authentic, I can tell you that. Iím looking forward to seeing what it sounds like too.

https://www.hardwiredmagazine.com/jon-schaffer-iced-earth-the-days-of-music-business-slavery-are-gone/?lang=en

What's the talking about here?

"And now Iíve got a new record coming out and Hansi is doing on the classical record, singing in the studio."

What new record does he having coming out?

maybe a new Sons album?

Third Demons & Wizards album
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2