Greta Van Fleet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1645

PostSubject: Greta Van Fleet   Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:20 am

My brother sent me this link. If you like Zeppelin, check these guys out. I believe three of them are brothers. Right now they have 2 EP's out.

From Frakenmuth, Michigan
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6395

PostSubject: Re: Greta Van Fleet   Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Giving Kingdom Come a run for their money! I bought this EP, but they are total Led Clones. Good stuff regardless if Zep is your thing.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 23328

PostSubject: Re: Greta Van Fleet   Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:36 pm

Pretty good stuff. Strange band name though.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Greta Van Fleet   Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:51 pm

Yeah, after my brother sent the link I listened to it then bought the digital EP. Only like 4 bucks, not a bad price.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 24300

PostSubject: Re: Greta Van Fleet   Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:04 am

I picked up their latest From the Fires on a whim and really digging the Zep vibe. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here though. Continue to mimic Zeppelin or develop their own sound?

Much Cooler than the other 72

Number of posts : 8006

PostSubject: Re: Greta Van Fleet   Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:29 am

Yeah it's a really good album. They've got the Zeppelin sound down for sure.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju

Number of posts : 26936

PostSubject: Re: Greta Van Fleet   Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:33 pm

I just re-found this band on Sleazeroxx.† I recognized the name because I vaguely remembered stumbling across this thread but for some reason the posted song didn't impress me at the time.†

It did tonight though.† I'm still debating buying the digital copy of From The Fires though because I'm not sure I want 8 tracks of such a retro sound.† This band definitely has the talent and the singer is a dead ringer for a very young Robert Plant but the music is just a little too retro for me I think.†

I'd like to see them develop more along the lines of The Answer - who also had a very retro sound at first but added more modernized touches until they dropped that last turd of an album.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker

Number of posts : 4971

PostSubject: Re: Greta Van Fleet   Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:59 am

Are The Answer still around or did they kill themselves with that album.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju

PostSubject: Re: Greta Van Fleet   Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:47 pm

No idea but I sure hope they're still around and return to their previous sound.† They were rapidly rising on my favorite bands list until that last one.† Hell even their bonus tracks and discs were worth owning because they didn't sound like half-finished or crappy songs.††

But boy, that "Solas" album turned off a lot of fans.† I never even bought it.† I read all the horrible reviews and listened to a few tracks and stayed far away.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker

PostSubject: Re: Greta Van Fleet   Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:19 pm

It sounded like if you did classic rock Muzzak style for the most part. A couple decent songs but man, they really lost their sound.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju

PostSubject: Re: Greta Van Fleet   Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:27 pm

Which I sure hope doesn't happen to this band.

I'd love to see them "modernize" their sound a bit but I'll be interested to see where Greta Van Fleet goes from here.† They definitely have the talent to go far and that singer needs to protect his voice; what an instrument that is.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 24300

PostSubject: Re: Greta Van Fleet   Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:48 pm

I read that Greta Van Fleet is heading into the studio soon to record their full length debut. I'm definitely curious to see where this band goes.

As for The Answer, I wouldn't be surprised if they call it a day. I read an interview with the lead singer a few years ago and he sounded so disillusioned about the music business and their lack of support or notoriety. They were 3 or 4 albums in at that point and just came off the tour with AC/DC and had nothing to show for it. No money, no radio airplay, barely a blip on the charts. It's gotta be tough in this day and age to soldier-on with so little in return. Releasing that last clunker of an album could be the final nail in that coffin.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 467

PostSubject: Re: Greta Van Fleet   Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:24 pm

I wish the Answer would go back to the more retro sound like on their first few albums.
The more modern they sounded the less I liked it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju

PostSubject: Re: Greta Van Fleet   Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:17 pm

I'd be happy if they just went back one album.† Or more.† Just forget that last one.

Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 31714

PostSubject: Re: Greta Van Fleet   Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:47 pm

Is it wrong that everytime I hear this band's name, I think of this?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

PostSubject: Re: Greta Van Fleet   Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:22 am

Origin of the name:

Well, Gretna Van Fleet with an ďnĒ between the ďtĒ and the ďaĒ. I never really got to meet her prior naming the band after her. We had to come up with the band name a day before one of the shows we were doing, the first big show we would do in the street at the Auto Fest there. Our previous drummer, the original drummer that we had for about a year, had gone to lunch with his grandfather and his grandfather was going to drop him off over here so we could practice here in the garage. Itís the epicenter of our meanderings. We said ďMy grandfather said he had to go cut wood for Gretna Van Fleet. I think that could be a cool title.Ē So we took the ďnĒ out because it would be easier. Thatís what we stuck with. We went into town and did the first show and from then on, that was title. A lot of interesting things happened since with the title. Because sheís right in town, we would play festivals at the Fischer Hall downtown and there would people calling Gretna asking at her house asking if she was playing a show there. She used to be a drummer in a polka band. Her and her husband came out to listen to us and they gave us their blessing. Weíve had a good relationship with them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju

PostSubject: Re: Greta Van Fleet   Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:35 am

lol!

Just like Lynyrd Skynyrd.† A band named after some everyday person.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker

PostSubject: Re: Greta Van Fleet   Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:05 am

I wondered about the name, thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greta Van Fleet   

Back to top Go down

Greta Van Fleet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Let The Music Do The Talking-
Jump to: