HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 32102
Age : 48

PostSubject: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:20 am

According to Amazon, W.A.S.P.'s newly re-recorded sooper dooper deluxe version of the Crimson Idol rock opera will be out via Napalm Records in February of 2018.

Looks like there are a few "new" songs in the track list that weren't on the original album.



Disc: 1
†1. The Titanic Overture
†2. The Invisible Boy
†3. Arena of Pleasure
†4. Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue)
†5. The Gypsy Meets the Boy
†6. Michael's Song
†7. Miss You
†8. Doctor Rockter

Disc: 2
†1. I Am One
†2. The Idol
†3. Hold on to My Heart
†4. Hey Mama
†5. The Lost Boy
†6. The Peace
†7. Show Time
†8. The Great Misconceptions of Me

Hype:
Quote :
In 1992 W.A.S.P. released "The Crimson Idol". It's the story of Jonathan Aaron Steele, an abused child looking for love. Discovering music years later, he rises to international superstardom. Later followed by a catastrophic fall. 2017 marks the 25th anniversary of the original release, which is still considered to be the best album of W.A.S.P.'s career, and one of the greatest concept albums of all times! "The Crimson Idol" undoubtedly belongs in every metal headís record collection. The album about the anti-hero Jonathan Steele was originally intended to be accompanied by a movie, with several hundred hours of film that were shot to create approximately 50 minutes of movie footage. This film has never been released - Until now! Napalm Records proudly presents "RE-IDOLZED", the 25th anniversary of the iconic hit album plus the original "The Crimson Idol" movie on DVD and Blu-ray! For the first time EVER as originally intended Ė film and soundtrack united - released as one product!

_________________
"I am reluctant to get too deep into politics, and I donít expect politicians to get too deep into music."
- Paul Stanley

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 24809
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:32 am

Although 'm not overly excited about this, I am curious about those new additions to the album. This will probably end up being one of those "I'll get it eventually" buys.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 32102
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:50 am

007 wrote:
Although 'm not overly excited about this, I am curious about those new additions to the album. This will probably end up being one of those "I'll get it eventually" buys.

Yea, I'm kind of in the same boat. I was fairly obsessed with the original "Idol" when it was new, to the point that I kinda made myself sick of it, haha... but the new tracks have perked my interest somewhat.

I assume that "Miss You" (Disc 1) is the same song that was on Golgotha.... which would further my theory that Blackie has just been making new albums out of his scraps/leftovers from previous sessions ever since the mid 1990s Laughing very hard

_________________
"I am reluctant to get too deep into politics, and I donít expect politicians to get too deep into music."
- Paul Stanley

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2219
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:10 pm

I'll probably check out the new songs as well. I think your theory is probably right, FF. I know "Mercy," "Crazy," and "Scream" are all practically the same song rehashed, but I still like them, and I've been able to get into the last few W.A.S.P. albums.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 32102
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:25 pm

glassprison wrote:
I'll probably check out the new songs as well. I think your theory is probably right, FF. I know "Mercy," "Crazy," and "Scream" are all practically the same song rehashed, but I still like them, and I've been able to get into the last few W.A.S.P. albums.

I like 99.9 percent of WASP's discography to some degree; the only ones I never really dug were KFD, the Neon God two-fer (speaking of re-heating Idol leftovers!), and Golgotha (which was just dull).

_________________
"I am reluctant to get too deep into politics, and I donít expect politicians to get too deep into music."
- Paul Stanley

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
avatar

Number of posts : 9151
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:55 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I like 99.9 percent of WASP's discography to some degree; the only ones I never really dug were KFD, the Neon God two-fer (speaking of re-heating Idol leftovers!), and Golgotha (which was just dull).

KFD was actually a very good album. The songs were solid, well written, & catchy. The Marilyn Manson influence just turned a lot of die hard fans off though.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5696
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:23 am

I am curious to check the new one. As for KFD it is their only album missing from my collection. Hope to get it soon.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24539
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:01 am

mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I like 99.9 percent of WASP's discography to some degree; the only ones I never really dug were KFD, the Neon God two-fer (speaking of re-heating Idol leftovers!), and Golgotha (which was just dull).

KFD was actually a very good album. The songs were solid, well written, & catchy. The Marilyn Manson influence just turned a lot of die hard fans off though.

I agree. I like KFD. And if you listen to the Double Live Assassins album, you can hear some tunes from KFD, stripped away from the industrial Nine-Inch-Manson stuff.

As for this re-issue, I think I have all the W.A.S.P. I need at this point. Seeing the movie might be interesting though, in a train-wreck sorta way.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 32102
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:04 am

I actually like the KFD tracks that appeared on the Double Live Assassins concert disc better than the album versions. They sounded better without all the trendy Manson techno-terror studio BS on 'em.

On a side note, MG71, welcome back! Where ya been dawg?

_________________
"I am reluctant to get too deep into politics, and I donít expect politicians to get too deep into music."
- Paul Stanley

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24539
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:08 am

Here and there. Poor internet connection and not much to say kept me away for most of the summer.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 15629
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:24 pm

I may check this out. Mostly for the movie part
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11558
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:18 pm

mc666 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I like 99.9 percent of WASP's discography to some degree; the only ones I never really dug were KFD, the Neon God two-fer (speaking of re-heating Idol leftovers!), and Golgotha (which was just dull).

KFD was actually a very good album. The songs were solid, well written, & catchy. The Marilyn Manson influence just turned a lot of die hard fans off though.

I don't think I ever heard a WASP song until like five years ago. (Weird, I know.) I love KFD and the albums that followed.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" óTherapy?

Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 208
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:01 am

if the re-recording of "Chainsaw Charlie" is reduced to the changed lyrics that Blackie has been using live since him becoming Born Again i'm not interested.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 32102
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:33 am

HeavyThrashhead wrote:
if the re-recording of "Chainsaw Charlie" is reduced to the changed lyrics that Blackie has been using live since him becoming Born Again i'm not interested.

Apparently, it does indeed have "revised" lyrics:

"I'm the president of show biz, my name is Charlie
I'm a blood sucking rat's hole, that's what they call me"

"Don't mind the maggots and the ruthless scum"



I'm still wondering what the point of this entire project is. surprised

Part of me wishes that Blackie would quit trying to turn Crimson Idol into a "thing" that he can carve on his tombstone.

It was a great album but as rock operas go, it will never be mentioned in the same breath as Pink Floyd's The Wall or The Who's Tommy, as much as Blackie wishes it would Very Happy

_________________
"I am reluctant to get too deep into politics, and I donít expect politicians to get too deep into music."
- Paul Stanley

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 2513
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
HeavyThrashhead wrote:
if the re-recording of "Chainsaw Charlie" is reduced to the changed lyrics that Blackie has been using live since him becoming Born Again i'm not interested.

Apparently, it does indeed have "revised" lyrics:

"I'm the president of show biz, my name is Charlie
I'm a blood sucking rat's hole, that's what they call me"

"Don't mind the maggots and the ruthless scum"



I'm still wondering what the point of this entire project is. surprised

Part of me wishes that Blackie would quit trying to turn Crimson Idol into a "thing" that he can carve on his tombstone.

It was a great album but as rock operas go, it will never be mentioned in the same breath as Pink Floyd's The Wall or The Who's Tommy, as much as Blackie wishes it would Very Happy


The few who will remember WASP after Blackie has a tombstone, will remember them for what they were in the Eighties. No matter what Blackies born again paranoid wet dreams are these days.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24539
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:53 am

Olafsto wrote:

The few who will remember WASP after Blackie has a tombstone, will remember them for what they were in the Eighties. No matter what Blackies born again paranoid wet dreams are these days.

"You remember W.A.S.P. right? The guys that sang 'I f**k like a beast'".

That's Blackie's legacy whether he likes it or not.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5444
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:05 am

The point of re-recordings is to own a recording of your classic songs. See recent Iced Earth discussion.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6601
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:11 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
The point of re-recordings is to own a recording of your classic songs. †See recent Iced Earth discussion.

I'm thinking that was not Blackie's motivation here. It appears he wanted to flesh it out and make it what he wanted it to be in the first place.

_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5444
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:14 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I'm thinking that was not Blackie's motivation here. It appears he wanted to flesh it out and make it what he wanted it to be in the first place.

Probably also to "fix" the lyrics according to his new faith and sing them in an easier key, like so many other older metal bands do.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24539
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:17 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
The point of re-recordings is to own a recording of your classic songs. †See recent Iced Earth discussion.

I'm thinking that was not Blackie's motivation here. It appears he wanted to flesh it out and make it what he wanted it to be in the first place.

Yea, that's the impression I got. He's George Lucas-ing them. Owning the rights seemed secondary in this case.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 2513
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:48 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

The few who will remember WASP after Blackie has a tombstone, will remember them for what they were in the Eighties. No matter what Blackies born again paranoid wet dreams are these days.

"You remember W.A.S.P. right? The guys that sang 'I f**k like a beast'".

That's Blackie's legacy whether he likes it or not.

Yes it is! He should be proud of what they were back then, instead of desperately trying to make his later work relevant.
Noone cares and noone will care.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018   

Back to top Go down
 
W.A.S.P. "RE-IDOLIZED" due Feb. 2018
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Go!Go! GUITAR
» SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY"
» RED - 2018-01-10 (RINA)
» SCANDAL ASIA TOUR 2018 "HONEY"
» Go!Go!GUITAR, March 2018

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: