HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6445
Age : 49

PostSubject: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:42 pm

C.O.C. has a new album coming out in January - No Cross No Crown



No Cross No Crown tracklisting:

“Novus Deus”
“The Luddite”
“Cast The First Stone”
“No Cross”
“Wolf Named Crow”
“Little Man”
“Matre's Diem”
“Forgive Me”
“Nothing Left To Say”
“Sacred Isolation”
“Old Disaster”
“E.L.M.”
“No Cross No Crown”
“A Quest To Believe (A Call To The Void)”
“Son And Daughter”

Here's the first new track:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11468
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Diggin' the new tune. Not as great as I'd hoped, but good is good enough for me. Looking forward to the album.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7618
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:45 pm

Totally dig the new song. I'm always ready for some new Corrosion Of Conformity.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 529
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:34 pm

C.O.C. died after 1987, even though Blind was an ok album for what it was. They just forgot to change their name. C.O.C. will always hold the distinction of being one of the first hardcore/crossover bands I remember to disappoint me by totally selling out. Suicidal Tendencies, D.R.I. and 7 Seconds were three of the others, though 7 Seconds revived themselves by releasing some great hardcore albums again and Suicidal and D.R.I. did release a few good thrash albums. I can't say that about C.O.C. (R.I.P. Eric Eycke)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11468
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:48 pm

7thSecond wrote:
C.O.C. died after 1987, even though Blind was an ok album for what it was. They just forgot to change their name. C.O.C. will always hold the distinction of being one of the first hardcore/crossover bands I remember to disappoint me by totally selling out. Suicidal Tendencies, D.R.I. and 7 Seconds were three of the others, though 7 Seconds revived themselves by releasing some great hardcore albums again and Suicidal and D.R.I. did release a few good thrash albums. I can't say that about C.O.C. (R.I.P. Eric Eycke)

How did they sell out? Technocracy was a pretty clear indication that they were moving away from that strict hardcore sound that was on Eye for an Eye and Animosity.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 12181
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:32 pm

Pepper fronted COC is my favorite! Can't wait for the full album! I know it will be better than what Down has been doing the last several years...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6293
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:13 pm

Yasss. I was jammin' this at full volume yesterday. Sounds like magic.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24439
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:00 am

Digging the new tune. Looking forward to this one. I liked the last 2 albums they released, but there's something that just clicks having Pepper back in the fold.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 24112
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:19 am

That song is pretty good. I doubt I'd ever pick up this release though. I only own Wiseblood and like it well enough. I just never got around to picking up anything else by them. Too many releases that I'd rather get, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
avatar

Number of posts : 8035
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:46 am

Troublezone wrote:
Pepper fronted COC is my favorite! Can't wait for the full album! I know it will be better than what Down has been doing the last several years...

This! Looking forward to the album!
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 529
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
7thSecond wrote:
C.O.C. died after 1987, even though Blind was an ok album for what it was. They just forgot to change their name. C.O.C. will always hold the distinction of being one of the first hardcore/crossover bands I remember to disappoint me by totally selling out. Suicidal Tendencies, D.R.I. and 7 Seconds were three of the others, though 7 Seconds revived themselves by releasing some great hardcore albums again and Suicidal and D.R.I. did release a few good thrash albums. I can't say that about C.O.C. (R.I.P. Eric Eycke)

How did they sell out? Technocracy was a pretty clear indication that they were moving away from that strict hardcore sound that was on Eye for an Eye and Animosity.


First off they only had one true strict hardcore album and that was Eye For An Eye. Animosity was much more crossover. Technocracy was actually a little bit of a step back towards hardcore again and even had Simon Bob Sinister from the hardcore band Ugly Americans as their singer. Nonetheless I got to hang out with C.O.C. a little as my good friends dad was their manager at the time and they were a semi local band. Maybe sellout was the wrong word. Drugs and a sudden fascination with the Grateful Dead culture and sludge metal bands are what helped change C.O.C. Anyway they seem happy doing what they're doing now, but I'll never forget when they were playing the good stuff me and so many of my friends at the time really liked.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5606
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:59 am

I need to get into this band. Which album would you recommend?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6445
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:38 am

Gilbert wrote:
I need to get into this band. Which album would you recommend?

Get Blind and then Deliverance. If you like those you should check out their later albums.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5606
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:55 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
I need to get into this band. Which album would you recommend?

Get Blind and then Deliverance.  If you like those you should check out their later albums.

Will start with blind then.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24439
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:35 am

Blind is excellent, but it's a bit of a transitional album for them. They were moving away from their punky, hardcore roots and getting more metal. Deliverance (also excellent) is where they starting embracing the sludgy groove they settled into and stuck with for the next 4 albums.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 15297
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:01 pm

The new song isn't bad. I'd like to hear some more of it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6445
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:05 am

Here's the next new track:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
akeldama
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7618
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:43 am

As much as I've liked the stuff COC put out during PJK's sabbatical I am glad he's back. I dug the song and vid and the drum work is exceptional.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown   

Back to top Go down
 
Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» JAVA v ARROWS: MOONSHOT CENTRE, NEW CROSS, SE LONDON. 1987
» Black Kat v Mighty Crown: NYC 2000
» Rodigan & Luv injection v Matterhorn & Mighty Crown: Stratford, East London. 2006
» Mighty Crown v Tokiwa Star v Taxi Hifi: Japan. 29th December 1998
» Taxi Hi-Fi v Mighty Crown: Japan 1998

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: