HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Round 2. Ding! Ding!!
Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules
59%
 59% [ 19 ]
Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman
41%
 41% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 7620

PostSubject: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:35 pm

The next combatants are a lot more listened to and personally way tougher to choose. What makes it tougher is pitting Mob Rules vs Diary Of A Madman but that will be the deciding factor.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:37 pm

Mob Rules is my favorite album of the four followed by Diary, Blizzard and H&H so I went for Sabbathís One-Two.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju

Number of posts : 27410

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:43 pm

This one was easy for me because I can't stand Ozzy's vocals while I love RJD's voice.

glassprison
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 2194

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:46 pm

Ozzy's have more standout singles, whereas the Sabbath albums are better listens all the way through. I'll go with the latter.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:47 pm

I like Ozzyís vocals but heís no Dio thatís for sure. The one time his voice grates on my nerves is on the latter half of The song Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. He sounds like Roseanne Barr singing the National Anthem.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3609

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:48 pm

I went with Sabbath - Heaven & Hell is a perfect album IMHO.

This was a tough choice as Blizzard is damn near perfect as well.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King

Number of posts : 22616

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:07 pm

Dio

Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules are outstanding!

80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:08 pm

Going with Ozzy because of Diary. I prefer Heaven and Hell to Blizzard, but Diary tips the scales for me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 24400

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:14 pm

Tough call but I'm going with Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 2194

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:37 pm

Quote :
The one time his voice grates on my nerves is on the latter half of The song Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. He sounds like Roseanne Barr singing the National Anthem.

lol! I won't be able to un-hear that now!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:46 pm

glassprison wrote:
Quote :
The one time his voice grates on my nerves is on the latter half of The song Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. He sounds like Roseanne Barr singing the National Anthem.

lol! I won't be able to un-hear that now!

Haha! Iím sorry!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker

Number of posts : 4971

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:14 pm

Very hard choice but went Ozzy because of Randy.
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 467

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:23 pm

Ozzy, Diary of a Madman is a classic all the way through, not a bad song on it to these ears.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15446

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:04 am

I love those Sabbath records. But to be honest when I first got those Ozzy albums I couldn't stop playing them. So my vote is from my 13 or 14 year old self. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker

Number of posts : 4971

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:32 am

^truth lol!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 5629

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:55 am

nevermore wrote:
I love those Sabbath records. But to be honest when I first got those Ozzy albums I couldn't stop playing them. So my vote is from my 13 or 14 year old self. Laughing

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6578

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:18 pm

Sabbath

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3586

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:
This one was easy for me because I can't stand Ozzy's vocals while I love RJD's voice.

This is me, though I can tolerate Ozzy if the music is really, really good otherwise.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:43 pm

Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules because it is BLACK SABBATH!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2951

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:29 pm

I'm not as big of fan of "Blizzard of Oz" as most; I much prefer "Diary of A Madman", but I love both efforts by Black Sabbath. Black Sabbath for the win!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 5393

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:15 pm

Nothing really beats the vocals/riffs/drumming/songwriting on "Mob Rules" for me.

The solos on early Ozzy and many of the songs were great, but some of the major key chorus and riffs are quite corny. Plus the production hasn't stood the test of time IMHO.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju

Number of posts : 27410

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Lari wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

This is me, though I can tolerate Ozzy if the music is really, really good otherwise.

Yeah I agree.† I probably should have said I don't care for Ozzy's voice but there are some songs he sings on that I really dig.

assault_attack
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 437

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:32 pm

Wow! Tough call.. You want me to Pick RJD or Randy Rhoads. Two all time greats..

OK, My favorite of all four records is Heaven & Hell, So Sabbath it is.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 2334

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:58 pm

If you listen to fools....
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 2013

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:01 am

Very close call, but gotta go w/the Ozz-Man on this one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman   

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath-Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules vs Ozzy-Blizzard Of Ozz/Diary Of A Madman
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next