HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 31986
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Mon May 07, 2018 2:13 pm

Blabbermouth sez that though the rest of the songs from the "LIES" EP are included on that new sooper dooper "AFD" deluxe box set thingy, the song "One in a Million" will not be, due to its, shall we say, politically incorrect lyrics:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/controversial-song-apparently-left-off-guns-n-roses-boxed-set/ †

...sooooo, does that mean original copies of "Lies" are suddenly going to shoot up in value??

_________________
"I am reluctant to get too deep into politics, and I donít expect politicians to get too deep into music."
- Paul Stanley

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24453
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Tue May 08, 2018 10:32 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Right now, there is a listing for the "Super Deluxe" version on Amazon for $178.

This has come down to a slightly more reasonable $138 on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CPDVQYW/?coliid=I3PGZP89HOXUKO&colid=1YY4NLP7T11YP&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 22339
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Tue May 08, 2018 12:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Blabbermouth sez that though the rest of the songs from the "LIES" EP are included on that new sooper dooper "AFD" deluxe box set thingy, the song "One in a Million" will not be, due to its, shall we say, politically incorrect lyrics:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/controversial-song-apparently-left-off-guns-n-roses-boxed-set/ †

...sooooo, does that mean original copies of "Lies" are suddenly going to shoot up in value??

Actually, Axl had been discussing removing it from the album for years, along with the unlisted Charles Manson penned song from The Spaghetti Incident? since the early 2000s, around the time he actually stopped being a recluse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24453
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:25 am

GnR played a live version of 'Shadow Of Love' in the first time in like, forever...



Kinda rough, but props for breaking-out a 30-year old song for the fans.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7606
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:21 pm

I read earlier they also did a velvet revolver song.

_________________
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1707
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:04 pm

That stupid woman has her hand in front of Slash during the solo!

They are also playing The Wichita Lineman by Glen Campbell.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24453
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:36 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
They are also playing The Wichita Lineman by Glen Campbell.

They've been slipping that one into the encores for awhile now. I saw them play it live back in October. I think they started right after Glen died.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
avatar

Number of posts : 9760
Age : 53

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:18 pm

Yawns N my mouth closes

_________________
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
avatar

Number of posts : 8038
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:47 am

Required Fields wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Blabbermouth sez that though the rest of the songs from the "LIES" EP are included on that new sooper dooper "AFD" deluxe box set thingy, the song "One in a Million" will not be, due to its, shall we say, politically incorrect lyrics:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/controversial-song-apparently-left-off-guns-n-roses-boxed-set/ †

...sooooo, does that mean original copies of "Lies" are suddenly going to shoot up in value??

Actually, Axl had been discussing removing it from the album for years, along with the unlisted Charles Manson penned song from The Spaghetti Incident? since the early 2000s, around the time he actually stopped being a recluse.

One in a Million is the best song on Lies, imo
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 12197
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:35 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Blabbermouth sez that though the rest of the songs from the "LIES" EP are included on that new sooper dooper "AFD" deluxe box set thingy, the song "One in a Million" will not be, due to its, shall we say, politically incorrect lyrics:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/controversial-song-apparently-left-off-guns-n-roses-boxed-set/ †

...sooooo, does that mean original copies of "Lies" are suddenly going to shoot up in value??

Actually, Axl had been discussing removing it from the album for years, along with the unlisted Charles Manson penned song from The Spaghetti Incident? since the early 2000s, around the time he actually stopped being a recluse.

One in a Million is the best song on Lies, imo

I agree. Sure it has some offensive lyrics, but Axl wrote it to describe his first impression (or shock) of Hollywood after coming from a small town. He was just being honest. Plus the song just sounds cool musically!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7363
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:53 pm

So I was in a record store in Conn. earlier tonight and a customer was talking about the super deluxe ed. of Appetite saying they (G'nR) pressed 10,000 of these and are asking $1,000 a piece. I don't know if this is true or not but if it is, do you all think they will sell that many at that price? Maybe internationally; I don't think there is much of a chance of that here in the U.S.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1707
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:44 am

the sentinel wrote:
So I was in a record store in Conn. earlier tonight and a customer was talking about the super deluxe ed. of Appetite saying they (G'nR) pressed 10,000 of these and are asking $1,000 a piece. I don't know if this is true or not but if it is, do you all think they will sell that many at that price? Maybe internationally; I don't think there is much of a chance of that here in the U.S.

Yep, here it is.... And I think they will sell out of them but that's just me.

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/appetite-for-destruction/products/appetite-for-destruction-locked-n-loaded-box-set

Reminds me of the Gene box.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7606
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:56 am

mikeinfla wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
So I was in a record store in Conn. earlier tonight and a customer was talking about the super deluxe ed. of Appetite saying they (G'nR) pressed 10,000 of these and are asking $1,000 a piece. I don't know if this is true or not but if it is, do you all think they will sell that many at that price? Maybe internationally; I don't think there is much of a chance of that here in the U.S.

Yep, here it is.... And I think they will sell out of them but that's just me.

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/appetite-for-destruction/products/appetite-for-destruction-locked-n-loaded-box-set

Reminds me of the Gene box.


Yup its true and pretty stupid. The box is full of so much useless stuff. Maybe if it was a boxset of all their albums and a ton of things like dvds, some rare live shows, posters, etc then I can see $1000, but just for this one album because you threw in some stupid rings and a special box? no. If you got the money to waste cool, but even then its still not worth the price. I love the album but theres just not enough there for the price.

_________________
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24453
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:32 am

I don't doubt it will sell out. Even for that price, collector's go nuts for that sort of thing. And hey, they do give you free shipping. What a Face

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 2334
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:19 pm

suckers.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1707
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:55 pm

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1707
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:12 am

So I have my 2 cd set. The outer cover is pretty cool. I like the glossy look. It's a fingerprint magnet but that's OK. The slip case is a little hard to slide in and out and there is a huge bend in the sleeve (I have read others mentioning the same thing on the Hoffman forum). I really don't like the fact that the CD slides in and out against cardboard. Disc 1 had scratches on it but it plays fine.

Remastering is pretty good. Honestly I don't hear much of a difference in this and the original. It is not overly loud or compressed like a lot of modern releases.

Disc 2 is a gem as most of those I have never heard before and i haven't heard the Lies tracks since I had it on cassette. Really enjoying the rawness of disc 2. On the studio tracks I can actually understand the lyrics better on these versions than I can on the disc 1 versions.

Think it was down to 15.99 when I ordered from Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3586
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:08 am

Good quick review, Mike. Sounds like a nice set for the price you paid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition   

Back to top Go down
 
Appetite for Destruction - Remasterd & Expanded Edition
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» My favourite album: Appetite for Destruction by Guns N' Roses
» Marvin Gaye 2CD Expanded Trouble Man (Sept 1972)
» Tracii Guns
» Appetite for Destruction
» Ranking the songs on Appetite for Destruction

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: