MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 24532

PostSubject: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Tue May 15, 2018 10:41 am

Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 32097

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Tue May 15, 2018 10:55 am

Looks cool. I'm sure the Queen catalog will experience a bump in sales/streams/etc. when this comes out. Laughing very hard

This flick was caught up in development Hell for so many years that it's almost hard to believe that it's actually going to happen. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 24532

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Tue May 15, 2018 12:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Looks cool. I'm sure the Queen catalog will experience a bump in sales/streams/etc. when this comes out. Laughing very hard

This flick was caught up in development Hell for so many years that it's almost hard to believe that it's actually going to happen. Very Happy

Yup. This is the film that originally had Sasha Baron Cohen (aka Borat) playing Freddy. According to him, he bailed out when the Brain May and Roger Taylor objected to showing the seedier side of Freddy and all the 70's debauchery that went along with it. They wanted it to be a tribute to their friend, not some exploitative, trashy hack job. It should be interesting to see where they go with this.

As for a exploitative, trashy hack job, we still have Motley's 'The Dirt' to look forward to. Razz

King Of Kaiju

Number of posts : 27531

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Tue May 15, 2018 9:14 pm

I will definitely check this out!†

At one time Queen was my favorite band and I still say Freddy Mercury is the best vocalist rock has ever known.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 4121

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Fri May 18, 2018 7:51 am

I want to see this and fully agree with toho's statement
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15606

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Fri May 18, 2018 8:07 pm

I'm wanting to see this!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 24781

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:18 am

My wife, a huge Queen fan, wants to see this so I imagine I'll be tagging along to watch it as well.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6826

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:26 pm

I'm as big a Queen fan as anyone (well maybe not but I dig 'em a lot) but what's the point of a romanticised Disney version of the Freddie story? It's not exploitative or a trashy hack job to tell the truth and I don't think Freddie would want some bullshit hallmark sanitised version of a life that Freddie was hardly discreet about! He was an egotistical maniacal coke snorting, dude banging madman with a talent that matched his ego and I'm pretty sure that he was proud of it! Laughing

Sounds to me that the boys want to protect the brand, nothing more, nothing less. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   

Back to top Go down

Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie
Page 1 of 1