Halloween (2018)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 2093

PostSubject: Halloween (2018)   Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:50 pm

Thoughts on this retcon sequel set 40 years after the first movie? Jamie Lee Curtis will reprise her role and John Carpenter is on as an adviser.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 24776

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (2018)   Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:58 pm

I wasn't too keen on most the Halloween movies post Halloween II way back when (especially those Rob Zombie debacles), so I'm a bit leery of this one. It can't be any worse than those other films, can it? I guess we can only wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 32097

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (2018)   Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:52 pm

The Halloween series jumped the shark ages ago, but this one has a seal of approval from John Carpenter himself, so we shall see, I guess.

I'm sure that I'll see it eventually but I won't be lining up outside the multiplex for it...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju

Number of posts : 27530

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (2018)   Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Why on earth do we need yet ANOTHER version of this movie????
Meanwhile a movie screaming for a remake like "A Boy And His Dog" gets passed over.

Better yet, how about creating a brand new movie from a different Harlan Ellison story.† Somebody please make a movie out of "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream".

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 24531

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (2018)   Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:43 pm

I hope it pays off well for Jamie Lee so she doesn't have to do those terrible yogurt commercials anymore. I don't need to know the problems she has with her sh*tter.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1737

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (2018)   Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:09 pm

In case you are wondering this takes place after the first movie and ignores all the other sequels.

I wonder if it will be as interesting as the Atari 2600 game? Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 776

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (2018)   Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:27 am

It also seems to ignore the end of the first movie, when they say he was shot by his doctor, and then put into custody. Unless they write it like he was picked up later on after he ran away and disappeared, then they really messed it up. It might be good, but I don't see why they would make it as if none of the sequels exist.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (2018)   Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:18 am

It's possible they're talking about the events after the second one, skipping over everything that happened in that film (for simplicity's sake) up to Loomis blowing Michael up. Although that looked like it finally killed him, but who knows?
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1737

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (2018)   Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:34 am

007 wrote:
It's possible they're talking about the events after the second one, skipping over everything that happened in that film (for simplicity's sake) up to Loomis blowing Michael up. Although that looked like it finally killed him, but who knows?

From what I heard John Carpenter say, this takes place after the first film.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (2018)   Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:46 am

Well, then maybe Wrecked Neck is right and they screwed it up. Unless they will add something in the prelude to this one, explaining his capture.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 32097

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (2018)   Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:01 am

Yea, this film "erases" everything after the original film from continuity.

...which they've already tried to do once before with "H20" in 1998. Actually this new trailer kinda resembles a darker version of that movie.

Which is fine by me cuz "H20" is one of the better Halloween movies in my book, it would've been a great way to end the whole series, but then they had to screw it up and make the god-awful "Resurrection" after it.... sick

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 7467

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (2018)   Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:25 pm

The first Halloween is one of my all time fave movies so I don't have high hopes b/c the 3 decaes whatever years later reboot, re imagining, reheating of the original never lives up to the hype/ hope. But, hey, if JC is involved, I will check it out. I am just not interested in Hollywood anymore with the concept of "ignore this and that and just pretend we start here" for a movie that came out 3 years before or a franchise that has half a dozen installments.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2955

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (2018)   Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:17 pm

I love these!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halloween (2018)   

Back to top Go down

Halloween (2018)