HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 2018 releases you have acquired so far

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5849
Age : 43

PostSubject: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:52 am

So, which 2018 releases have you purchased so far, and which do you consider to be your favorites? I have so far picked up the following bands albums:

Judas Priest
Saxon
Accuser
Loudness
Monument
Ross the Boss
Axel Rudi Pell
Toxik (III works)
Grave Digger (heavy metal breakdown and witch hunter 2018 re-releases)
Angelus Apatrida
Sacred leather
Evil-Lyn
Traitor's Gate
Bonfire
Venin
Overkill (live in oberhausen)
Heavy Load (stronger than evil 2018 re-release)

Priest are still my favourite release so far, followed by Bonfire, Ross the Boss and Angelus Apatrida.

Let's read yours headbanger
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3703
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:43 am

It's June and I've only bought 4 (four) 2018 releases so far:

Saxon - Thunderbolt
Judas Priest - Firepower
Blaze Bayley - The Redemption of William Black
Mystic Prophecy - Monuments Uncovered

I guess there hasn't been that many albums that interest me.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5849
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:19 am

Lari wrote:
It's June and I've only bought 4 (four) 2018 releases so far:

Saxon - Thunderbolt
Judas Priest - Firepower
Blaze Bayley - The Redemption of William Black
Mystic Prophecy - Monuments Uncovered

I guess there hasn't been that many albums that interest me.

I was about to pick up Monuments uncovered in athens a few weeks ago but i ended up going for savage souls instead. I am currently waiting for the new UDO album.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
avatar

Number of posts : 19924
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:31 am

Mostly picked up used CD's on the cheap, so I believe Judas Priest- Firepower is it
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 22781
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:39 am

Accußer - The Mastery
Alkaloid - Liquid Anatomy
Cist - The Frozen Casket
Dominant - The Summoning
Gruesome - Twisted Prayers
Judas Priest - Firepower
Leather - II
Meliah Rage - Idol Hands
Riot V - Armor of Light
Skeletal Remains - Devouring Mortality
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5849
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:12 am

Man i totally forgot to add the new Riot V to my list. Need to get the latest Meliah Rage. What is your verdict?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
avatar

Number of posts : 32269
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:28 am

Judas Priest, Stryper, Rocka Rollas, Runelord, Lucifer's Hammet, Spellwitch, Terravore, Siren and Stygian Oath.

...Stormspell Recs. are generous supporters of my blog so that's why their releases outnumber everyone else, haha.

_________________
"I am reluctant to get too deep into politics, and I donít expect politicians to get too deep into music."
- Paul Stanley

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1061
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:02 am

Gilbert wrote:

Bonfire
How is it? I love Donít Touch the Light and Fireworks, Point Blank was fine too but I don't remember any song from it now. I've heard a couple of their newest songs, and was really impressed. Is the album good as a whole?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 3703
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:32 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:
It's June and I've only bought 4 (four) 2018 releases so far:

Saxon - Thunderbolt
Judas Priest - Firepower
Blaze Bayley - The Redemption of William Black
Mystic Prophecy - Monuments Uncovered

I guess there hasn't been that many albums that interest me.

I was about to pick up Monuments uncovered in athens a few weeks ago but i ended up going for savage souls instead. I am currently waiting for the new UDO album.

Great find. Their best, in my opinion.

Monuments Uncovered is a mediocre interim work at best.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 16055
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:44 pm

Gilbert wrote:
So, which 2018 releases have you purchased so far, and which do you consider to be your favorites? I have so far picked up the following bands albums:

Judas Priest
Saxon
Accuser
Loudness
Monument
Ross the Boss
Axel Rudi Pell
Toxik (III works)
Grave Digger (heavy metal breakdown and witch hunter 2018 re-releases)
Angelus Apatrida
Sacred leather
Evil-Lyn
Traitor's Gate
Bonfire
Venin
Overkill (live in oberhausen)
Heavy Load (stronger than evil 2018 re-release)

Priest are still my favourite release so far, followed by Bonfire, Ross the Boss and Angelus Apatrida.

Let's read yours headbanger


How is that Ross The Boss album?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5849
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:59 pm

Ross the boss is a splendid album. Highly recommended! Bonfire is amazing as well. Very heavy with outstanding screaming vocals. I wasn't expecting that from them.

Oh, i just received the latest Stryper as well. My list is getting bigger.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5849
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:01 pm

Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:
It's June and I've only bought 4 (four) 2018 releases so far:

Saxon - Thunderbolt
Judas Priest - Firepower
Blaze Bayley - The Redemption of William Black
Mystic Prophecy - Monuments Uncovered

I guess there hasn't been that many albums that interest me.

I was about to pick up Monuments uncovered in athens a few weeks ago but i ended up going for savage souls instead. I am currently waiting for the new UDO album.

Great find. Their best, in my opinion.

Monuments Uncovered is a mediocre interim work at best.

I had the feeling it would not be that good. That is why i skipped it.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal master
Metal master
avatar

Number of posts : 828
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:47 pm

Not very many this year, I'm trying to save money eye so I can move out of this place.

Judas Priest, Firepower - lp and cd
Leather II - CD
Destroyer 666 ep, Call of the Wild - CD
Control Denied, The Fragile Art of Existence reissue -3 l.p. box set

And I think that's about it. Bought a few more random cds but they are older releases.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 7622
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:26 pm

I have only bought 2 "2018" releases thus far (Priest and Saxon); but have bought plenty of used discs, vinyl and cassettes. I have been buying more records than ever before and am still trying to finish (black out) discographies from certain bands.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
avatar

Number of posts : 27726
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:51 pm

I've only bought a handful of stuff all year and only 2 of those are 2018 releases:

The Lazys - Tropical Hazards
Church Of the Cosmic Skull - Science Fiction (It finally hit me the other day who this band reminds me of - The Pursuit Of Happiness on Quaaludes)


I was going to include Greta Van Fleet's "From The Fires" but it looks like that was released last November so it just missed being a 2018 release.

_________________
"From what Iím gleaning, the problem in America isnít guns, itís stupid people."
- Ginger Wildheart
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 25457
Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:56 pm

I've bought a total of 2 2018 releases, Loudness and Judas Priest. I think that Loudness is the better of the 2.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 210
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:25 pm

what i've bought so far is

Permission to Rock by Substratum
Pounding the Pavement by Anvil
Firepower by Judas Priest
Thunderbolt by Saxon
Dust to Gold by Bullet
NWOBHM (New Wave of British Heavy Metal) (Compilation) (this was a VCLT gift though)
The $5.98 E.P.: Garage Days Revisited by Metallica (2018 Reissue)

so far, my favorite of these is actually Dust to Gold. but all of the releases here are top quality releases.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5849
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:23 pm

HeavyThrashhead wrote:
what i've bought so far is

Permission to Rock by Substratum
Pounding the Pavement by Anvil
Firepower by Judas Priest
Thunderbolt by Saxon
Dust to Gold by Bullet
NWOBHM (New Wave of British Heavy Metal) (Compilation) (this was a VCLT gift though)
The $5.98 E.P.: Garage Days Revisited by Metallica (2018 Reissue)

so far, my favorite of these is actually Dust to Gold. but all of the releases here are top quality releases.

Still need to get Anvil and Bullet. Hope to include both in my next Amazon order.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
avatar

Number of posts : 8084
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:00 am

Just one for me, Stryper-God Damn Evil.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24625
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:23 pm

10 2018 purchases so far:

Black Label Society - Grimmest Hits (bland and kinda dull)
Phil Campbell & the B*stard Sons - The Age of Absurdity (rockin', I like it)
Corrosion of Conformity - No Cross No Crown (disappointing, see BLS)
Freedom Hawk - Beast Remains (decently consistent)
Judas Priest - Firepower (Top 3 easily)
Monster Magnet - Mindf*cker (Top 3 easily, #1 so far)
Joe Perry - Sweetzerland Manifesto (biggest disappointment of the year by far, horrible album)
STP - Stone Temple Pilots (another Top 3 candidate)
VOJD - The Outer Ocean (rockin', I like it)
Walking Papers - WP2 (kinda mellow, but decent in the right mood)

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!
avatar

Number of posts : 12287
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:52 pm

Just two so far...

Judas Priest and Corrosion of Conformity.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11615
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:43 am

Pretty sure a few of these came out in 2017, but I'm not double-checking. Haha.

Amorphis - Queen Of Time
Apathy Noir - Black Soil
Autumn Tears - Convalescence: A Retrospective (Limited to 400)
Autumn Tears - The Origin Of Sleep (EP)
Black Label Society - Grimmest Hits
Breaking Benjamin - Ember
Corrosion Of Conformity - No Cross No Crown
Dave Matthews Band - Come Tomorrow
Emm Gryner - Only Of Earth: Days Of Games
Ghost - Prequelle
Judas Priest - Firepower
Kilgore - Someday This War Is Going To End (EP)
Kobra And The Lotus - Prevail II
Lechery - We Are All Born Evil
Loss - Horizonless
Machine Head - Catharsis
Marilyn Manson - Heaven Upside Down
Mississippi Bones - Radio Free Conspiracy Theory
Monster Magnet - Mindfucker
My Indigo - My Indigo
Pennywise - Never Gonna Die
Perfect Circle, A - Eat The Elephant
Polkadot Cadaver - Get Possessed
Stone Temple Pilots - Stone Temple Pilots (2018)
Three Days Grace - Outsider
Visions Of Atlantis - The Deep & The Dark
W.E.T. - Earthrage
White Wizzard - Infernal Overdrive
Wizard - Fallen Kings

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" óTherapy?

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5849
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:11 am

Still need to get the new White Wizzard. As for Wizard's Fallen Kings, I can confirm it was released in 2017 because it was among my last purchases of the past year. Good album.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 22781
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:14 am

Gilbert wrote:
Man i totally forgot to add the new Riot V to my list. Need to get the latest Meliah Rage. What is your verdict?

I've listened to it a couple of times. It's not bad by any means, but I miss Mike Munro on the mic.

Anyways, I forgot to list:
Rapture - Paroxysm of Hatred
Warfield - Wrecking Command
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
metalken
Metal master
Metal master


Number of posts : 699
Age : 53

PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:43 am

SALEM UK - Attrition
SPARTAN WARRIOR - Hell To Pay
ST, ELMOS FIRE - Evil Never Sleeps
ASCENDANT - A Thousand Echos
SHADOWKEEP - Shadowkeep
LEATHER - II
THRUST - Harvest Of Souls
DEATH KEEPERS - Rock This World
EVIL HUNTER - Evil Hunter
AGAiNST EVIL - All Hail The King
FANTASY OPUS - The Last Dream
TRAUMA - As The World Dies
ROCKA ROLLAS - Celtic Kings
LUCIFERS HAMMER - Time Is DeatH
RUNELORD - Message From The Past
SPELLWITCH - The Witching Hour
STYGIAN OATH - Stygian Oath
SIREN - Up From The Ashes
STEEV ASSASSIN - Demo 1986
V/A - A Decade of Might & Magic/Stormspell Records

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 2018 releases you have acquired so far   

Back to top Go down
 
2018 releases you have acquired so far
Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY"
» SCANDAL ASIA TOUR 2018 "HONEY"
» SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks"
» The Mahavishnu Live CD - What stopped its release?
» Stryper song titles (new songs)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: