HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Where we try to figure out missing lyrics to songs...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Where we try to figure out missing lyrics to songs...   Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:04 am

So over the years of loving heavy metal I've come across a couple specific songs that don't seem to have any official lyrics in certain parts. While the song may have most of the lyrics available online, certain parts are always left out in lyric sheets, or on lyrics based websites. This thread is for us to help each other figure out those mysterious lyrics ONCE AND FOR ALL. This isn't just for the 2 songs I'll post, but for anything else you know of that has never had complete lyrics in certain parts.

In (My Favorite) Nightmare by Metal Church at around 2:25 in (just after the solo) the official lyrics are:
"[inaudible] A friend of mine is the first one out to check
[inaudible]
Ripping flesh, [something] fly, we hear them slowly die
Then the cry of the banshee...,[inaudible]
Scream! Scream for your life!
Scream! Scream for your life!"

This is clearly missing parts.

Now on the line "Ripping flesh" it's very clear that he says "Ripping flesh, entrails fly, as we hear em slowly die"
I think in the line before "ripping flesh" he says something about "but all we hear (something something) on the deck" MAYBE?

What are all the other parts that he sings in that verse? The rest of the song is pretty distinguishable, but that part has no complete lyrics no matter where I've looked online over the years. It even said "[inaudible]" in the lyrics on the official Metal Church website. Well, I just checked their site and they don't even have lyrics available on there anymore.

The other song I have issues with is A Dog's Breakfast by Tourniquet.
At 3:14 in (after the solo) the lyrics you'll find on every website AND in the CD version's official insert are:
"[inaudible] Myself I love so much
Because the New Age teaches me
"The source of good and secrets lie within""

The first half of that first line is missing, but he's singing it very very fast. I've even heard live versions where Luke Easter would just do some mumbly stuff during the first half of that line. I just listened to it, it's like he's just saying "ut tut tut tut tut myself I love so much". On the reissue version, there's also a demo version of the song, but that version has no vocals.

Can ANYONE help me here?!?! Also, post your lyrics mysteries that you want solved!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6572

PostSubject: Re: Where we try to figure out missing lyrics to songs...   Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:35 am

"(My Favorite) Nightmare"

Mister badass friend of mine is the first one out to check
Through the door we hear the gulps and splatters on the deck
Ripping flesh, entrails fly, we hear him slowly die
Then the cry of the banshee deep in the night
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Where we try to figure out missing lyrics to songs...   Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:50 am

:O YUUUUUSSSSSSSSSS

You're Awesome, man. Thank you.  Seriously. I've been wondering about that for years. Sometimes you just need a different set of ears I guess.

I can't be the only one to have this issue with a couple songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where we try to figure out missing lyrics to songs...   

Back to top Go down

Where we try to figure out missing lyrics to songs...
Page 1 of 1