Battle Jackets

Go down 
AuthorMessage
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 2364

PostSubject: Battle Jackets   Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:03 pm

I am on the cusp of Fitty, but I am in process of putting together the second "Battle Jacket" of my life time. I already have everything I need except that my seamstress is kinda slow. You got one? Post a pic! I will in a week or two and it will kick yours' ass...possibly. Maybe not. Let's find out!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6601

PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:46 am

I have a black denim jacket I plan to turn into one for stagewear...got a few patches/pins for it.

Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 5690

PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:30 am

I need to get one. Too many concerts heading to my shores (that is a first!).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 32097

PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:02 am

I haven't owned a denim jacket in years but I still have all the patches that used to be on the one I wore in high school/college.
Every so often I entertain the idea of buying a new jacket and putting all those patches on it but have never gotten around to it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 24532

PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:12 pm

As I'm closing in on the big 5-0, I think I'd look pretty ridiculous in a patch-clad denim these days.

Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
As I'm closing in on the big 5-0, I think I'd look pretty ridiculous in a patch-clad denim these days.

That's partly the reason why I haven't done it...with my paunch and my male pattern baldness, someone might mistake me for Eddie Trunk. affraid

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

That's partly the reason why I haven't done it...with my paunch and my male pattern baldness, someone might mistake me for Eddie Trunk. affraid

For me, it's mostly because my kids are just teetering on the age of being sarcastic pre-teens. The days of "my dad's the coolest" is slowly turning into "Geez dad, nice _______ (haircut, sneakers, t-shirt, etc.)". I can just hear their eye rolls now. Laughing

Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

For me, it's mostly because my kids are just teetering on the age of being sarcastic pre-teens. The days of "my dad's the coolest" is slowly turning into "Geez dad, nice _______ (haircut, sneakers, t-shirt, etc.)". I can just hear their eye rolls now. Laughing

That's the other reason I haven't done it. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 5690

PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

That's the other reason I haven't done it. †Very Happy

My older son is slowly turning into one of these kids. Now he criticizes the metal t-shirts I usually like to wear during summer weekends...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3640

PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:07 pm

This thread is useless without pictures.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:14 am

Lari wrote:
This thread is useless without pictures.

Here you go Lari. It's not current, but this is my hand-painted denim from around 1989-90. I don't have a pic, but the front was adorned with patches and pins too.

Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6495

PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:38 pm

I have one. †Here's a picture of it from about five years ago, but it has changed in the intervening years:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 2364

PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:24 pm

Nice ^^^^^!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 7467

PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:12 am

Witchfinder wrote:
I have one. †Here's a picture of it from about five years ago, but it has changed in the intervening years:

That ...is...AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 7467

PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:18 am

I have about 15 or so patches (mostly band logos and one Lemmy head shot) framed in the man cave. A few years back, on Christmas, the wife bought them and arranged them into frames with a white brick background so the patches really stand out. Funny this thread came up as I have been hitting up the Goodwill shops looking for a used denim to recreate what I had many moons ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Jackets   

Back to top Go down

Battle Jackets
Page 1 of 1