HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Melvins (w/ Al Cisneros from Sleep) EP "Sabbath"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 5013

PostSubject: Melvins (w/ Al Cisneros from Sleep) EP "Sabbath"    Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:00 pm

This shit slays; very sludgy, very heavy. Exactly what I would've expected from these guys joining forces to cover the forefathers of metal.

check it.

Here's a link to revolver's article about it: https://www.revolvermag.com/music/hear-sleeps-al-cisneros-join-melvins-crushing-sabbath-bloody-sabbath-cover
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever

PostSubject: Re: Melvins (w/ Al Cisneros from Sleep) EP "Sabbath"    Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:22 pm

posers
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 5787

PostSubject: Re: Melvins (w/ Al Cisneros from Sleep) EP "Sabbath"    Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:22 pm

I have heard much better covers than this...
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever

PostSubject: Re: Melvins (w/ Al Cisneros from Sleep) EP "Sabbath"    Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:38 am

if you don't like melvins, this probably isn't gonna be super endearing
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3482

PostSubject: Re: Melvins (w/ Al Cisneros from Sleep) EP "Sabbath"    Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Ok being the Sabbath freak I am, THIS IS PURE SHIT!!! Why even try to cover Sabbath??? No band has done it right yet and no band ever will! This actually pisses me off!! Pure 100% FAILURE at this!
Back to top Go down
http://avengerofblood.net
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!

Number of posts : 12273

PostSubject: Re: Melvins (w/ Al Cisneros from Sleep) EP "Sabbath"    Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:31 pm

This cover sucks. I prefer the Ted Kirkpatrick Sabbath tribute EP (although some of the vocals were lame). He had a massive guitar sound with his Orange amps.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3482

PostSubject: Re: Melvins (w/ Al Cisneros from Sleep) EP "Sabbath"    Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:40 pm

Troublezone wrote:
This cover sucks. I prefer the Ted Kirkpatrick Sabbath tribute EP (although some of the vocals were lame). He had a massive guitar sound with his Orange amps.

I have yet to hear that but I already know I won't like it. But I would at least TRY. Sabbath with Ozzy is just impossible to cover in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://avengerofblood.net
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 24613

PostSubject: Re: Melvins (w/ Al Cisneros from Sleep) EP "Sabbath"    Yesterday at 9:56 am

I don't mind a decent Sabbath cover. This one is just ok. I've heard better and I've heard worse.

Dog Will Hunt!

Number of posts : 12273

PostSubject: Re: Melvins (w/ Al Cisneros from Sleep) EP "Sabbath"    Yesterday at 9:59 am

Lurideath wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I have yet to hear that but I already know I won't like it. But I would at least TRY. Sabbath with Ozzy is just impossible to cover in my opinion.

I know you will not like the vocals because he used a few different singers that are nothing like Ozzy. But the music is great imo.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6846

PostSubject: Re: Melvins (w/ Al Cisneros from Sleep) EP "Sabbath"    Today at 5:05 pm

Brownout are still my favourite Sabbath cover band but this is by no means terrible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melvins (w/ Al Cisneros from Sleep) EP "Sabbath"    

Back to top Go down

Melvins (w/ Al Cisneros from Sleep) EP "Sabbath"
Page 1 of 1