Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 11508

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:07 pm

Wow! Just listened to those live tracks. AWFUL! He sounds like Lemmy's corpse.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 24453

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:23 am

Eyesore wrote:
Wow! Just listened to those live tracks. AWFUL! He sounds like Lemmy's corpse.

How dare you insult Lemmy like that!! Evil or Very Mad And yea, as our old pale Locky would say, those vocals are rougher than a badger's arse!

I'll pass on this new WS too. I'll stick with their first couple of Warrior Soul albums when I need to rage against the machine.

Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

Number of posts : 31986

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:36 am

New Warrior Soul album "Back on the Lash" will be out next month in the UK.
Unfortunately, there are no samples on YouTube yet that I'm aware of.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/warrior-soul-to-release-back-on-the-lash-album-in-december/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2951

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:37 pm

I finally have "The Space Age Playboys"! I've been wanting that one for quite a while. I already had "Salutations" and "Last Decade". I still need to get "Drugs, God and the New Republic". I'm not sure if I need anything after that?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:55 pm

^^ Nice pickup! "Playboys" is probably their last truly essential album, unless you're a gotta-have-everything ultra-fanboy like me of course. Very Happy

Since I last posted in this thread, I've acquired the new CD "Back on the Lash" -- it picks up where the last couple of albums left, off, i.e. catchy, sleazy, drunken punk/metal. Good stuff to kick someone's ass to. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag

Number of posts : 9760

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:23 am

I think "F-yuck-er" (Odds n Ends) is a nice companion piece to "Space Age Playboys" and "Chill Pill" is great ambience for tinkering around in the shop.

Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15446

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:37 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
I finally have "The Space Age Playboys"! I've been wanting that one for quite a while. I already had "Salutations" and "Last Decade". I still need to get "Drugs, God and the New Republic". I'm not sure if I need anything after that?

I wouldn't think you would need anything past those. Unless you're a completist or a big, big fan of the band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:29 am

Random WS question...

At the end of the Odds and Ends compilation album, there are 2 unlisted tracks. I can't seem to find any info on them. Anyone know the names of these 2 tracks?

EDIT: LastFM has them listed as 'Ravings of a Demented Genius I' and 'Ravings of a Demented Genius II'. I guess that works good enough for me unless someone can tell me otherwise.

Bukkake Tsunami

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:56 am

metalinmyveins wrote:

I think their first 3 are essential. After that, they can get a little spotty. Not bad, just not as good. After Space Age Playboys, it pretty much became the Kory Clarke project, so mileage may vary on how much you can take of him. There's some ok stuff in there too, but it's hardly essential.

Odds and Ends (which I'm listening to as I type this) is a comp of unused demos and such that never found a proper home and was collected after the band went on hiatus. Again, some cool tracks, some duds. Ok but not essential.

Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Random WS question...

At the end of the Odds and Ends compilation album, there are 2 unlisted tracks. I can't seem to find any info on them. Anyone know the names of these 2 tracks?

EDIT: LastFM has them listed as 'Ravings of a Demented Genius I' and 'Ravings of a Demented Genius II'. I guess that works good enough for me unless someone can tell me otherwise.

It's been a while since I've listened to that album, but if memory serves Windows Media Player always ID'd them as either "Untitled" or "Hidden Track." This is the first I've ever seen titles affixed to them. That works for me. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Random WS question...

It's been a while since I've listened to that album, but if memory serves Windows Media Player always ID'd them as either "Untitled" or "Hidden Track." This is the first I've ever seen titles affixed to them. That works for me. Very Happy

I'm re-ripping all their stuff to computer and it bugs me to have "untitled" songs in my collection. Just can't do it.

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Warrior Soul Thread
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15