HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Gawd, I love Doom Metal...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24048
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Wed May 10, 2017 11:09 pm

Wurthless wrote:
More in the stoner rock vein i guess, but does anyone here like Om? I knew about them for a long time and just never got around to them until the other day and I really regret not listening to them sooner. They're led by the bassist from Sleep, Al Cisneros, and they're well worth checking out if you like Sleep, Black Sabbath, and psychedelic/prog rock.

I heard one of Om's songs on a stoner/doom compilation and I didn't care much for it. It was a little too slow and really droned on. It made me sleepy. That song you posted sounded better though.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 14030
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Thu May 11, 2017 11:39 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
More in the stoner rock vein i guess, but does anyone here like Om? I knew about them for a long time and just never got around to them until the other day and I really regret not listening to them sooner. They're led by the bassist from Sleep, Al Cisneros, and they're well worth checking out if you like Sleep, Black Sabbath, and psychedelic/prog rock.

I heard one of Om's songs on a stoner/doom compilation and I didn't care much for it. It was a little too slow and really droned on. It made me sleepy. That song you posted sounded better though.

The drone stuff is something you really have to be in the mood for or fighting a bout of insomnia.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24048
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Thu May 11, 2017 11:54 am

nevermore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
More in the stoner rock vein i guess, but does anyone here like Om? I knew about them for a long time and just never got around to them until the other day and I really regret not listening to them sooner. They're led by the bassist from Sleep, Al Cisneros, and they're well worth checking out if you like Sleep, Black Sabbath, and psychedelic/prog rock.

I heard one of Om's songs on a stoner/doom compilation and I didn't care much for it. It was a little too slow and really droned on. It made me sleepy. That song you posted sounded better though.

The drone stuff is something you really have to be in the mood for or fighting a bout of insomnia.

Yea, I like slow doom just fine, but the ambient, drone stuff doesn't do it for me. A song or 2 maybe, but not a whole album.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6379
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Thu May 11, 2017 8:54 pm

Wurthless wrote:
More in the stoner rock vein i guess, but does anyone here like Om? I knew about them for a long time and just never got around to them until the other day and I really regret not listening to them sooner. They're led by the bassist from Sleep, Al Cisneros, and they're well worth checking out if you like Sleep, Black Sabbath, and psychedelic/prog rock.

I totally forgot about Om....they're like a doomy Pink Floyd.

_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
avatar

Number of posts : 4979
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Sat May 13, 2017 2:11 am

i dig that description, shawn. i like Om for either just sitting and getting lost in the grooves or for killer background noise, like when studying or going to sleep.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 14030
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Sat May 13, 2017 6:10 pm

Wurthless wrote:



I found these guys through YouTube, and I figured a few people here would like them.

Got around to checking out these guys. I think they're pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6379
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Sun May 14, 2017 10:15 am


_________________
FINAL SIGN
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6571
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Sun May 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
https://bathshebakills.bandcamp.com/


Been a fan since the EP and that's a great record! headbanger
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal student
Metal student
avatar

Number of posts : 235
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Fri May 19, 2017 12:32 pm

Streaming Beastmaker's new album "Inside the Skull". Realling digging the sound on this one. Much better than the last album, which I liked.
http://loudwire.com/beastmaker-inside-the-skull-exclusive-album-stream-interview/
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6571
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Mon May 22, 2017 4:03 pm



Ex members of The Devild Blood & Gold, I like Dool a lot despite the stupid name
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11189
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Wed May 24, 2017 10:52 am

nevermore wrote:
Wurthless wrote:


I found these guys through YouTube, and I figured a few people here would like them.

Got around to checking out these guys. I think they're pretty good.

Funny. I just discovered this band a few weesk ago, then the other day while checking the On This Day section of Facebook, I see that a year ago Shiney shared on my page a video from their first album. Doh! Really cool band, though.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11189
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Wed May 24, 2017 10:55 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
https://bathshebakills.bandcamp.com/


Been a fan since the EP and that's a great record! headbanger

This is very nice! That chick sound a lot like Dawn Robinson, who had an amazing voice.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6571
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Wed May 24, 2017 6:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
https://bathshebakills.bandcamp.com/


Been a fan since the EP and that's a great record! headbanger

This is very nice! That chick sound a lot like Dawn Robinson, who had an amazing voice.

It's the singer from Death Penalty & Serpentcult Michelle Nocon. She rocks!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
avatar

Number of posts : 1896
Age : 54

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Wed May 24, 2017 9:36 pm

Recently picked this one up...

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 24048
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Thu May 25, 2017 11:15 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
https://bathshebakills.bandcamp.com/


Been a fan since the EP and that's a great record! headbanger

This is very nice! That chick sound a lot like Dawn Robinson, who had an amazing voice.

It's the singer from Death Penalty & Serpentcult  Michelle Nocon. She rocks!

I'll have to take a listen. I like both Death Penalty and Serpentcult.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 14030
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Sat May 27, 2017 1:42 pm

candlemass wrote:
Recently picked this one up...


Nice find!! If you can find it pick up their Condemned cd if you don't have it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11189
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:24 am

Random discovery on YouTube tonight. Pretty kick-ass stuff!


_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11189
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:47 am

Someone be smart and grab this album.

http://www.swapacd.com/Living-Fields-Running-Out-Daylight/cd/13335646



Killer band and album!

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5169
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:22 am

I have been on a candlemass mode lately. Picked up three of their albums on amazon.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 386
Age : 97

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:32 am

candlemass wrote:
Recently picked this one up...


Heavy!! I like this a lot. At times I hear layne staley type vocals. That is a good thing! I need to check these guys out.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6571
Age : 46

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:30 am



Terrible name, great band!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11189
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Why is that Living Fields album still available? No one on the HOM Facebook page grabbed it, either. What's wrong with you people? Haha.

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 6193
Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:44 am

How about Bell from Sweden. The debut album Tidecaller was just released on CD yesterday:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11189
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:58 am

Witchfinder wrote:
How about Bell from Sweden.  The debut album Tidecaller was just released on CD yesterday:


Dude! Just ordered the album. Thanks for sharing! headbanger

_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 11189
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:02 am

Elliott's Keep's fourth album is out. These guys are brilliant. If epic doom is your thing, check them out!


_________________
"Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   

Back to top Go down
 
Gawd, I love Doom Metal...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 24 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24
 Similar topics
-
» Christian stoner doom?
» Scandinavian Metal Praise
» paula abdul and metal? Straight up now tell me....
» Metal, Rock & Industrial Challenge #3: The Playlist
» Mr.Electric's "The White Metal Show"

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: