The Sword

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
R.I.P.
R.I.P.

Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:08 pm

I really must be from another planet, yet again I find myself on the completely opposite end of the spectrum from everybody else.

Oh well, send me a postcard, I'll be over here on Dudley3247-b enjoying High Country.

Razz
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6133

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:28 pm

Nope, you're not alone. This is the second best album I've heard this year. I simply can't get enough of it. And I've never been a huge Sword fan.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3313

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:35 pm

I was disappointed with this album when I gave it a listen on Spotify, just not my cup of tea. It is regrettable since I am a fan of the earlier albums.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 11078

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
It sounds like an album full of unfinished ideas and outtakes.  I like a good chunk of the material, but I can see how most fans will be disappointed with the album.

That's exactly what it is. It sounds incomplete. "Turned to Dust" is the perfect example. How do you end a song like that? surprised

Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:21 pm

i have this theorem that on an infinite timeline all metal bands eventually stop making metal albums. some reach that point sooner than later. despite this album completely turning me off, i still think the band are great and i can totally understand wanting to change shit up after writing a slew of albums in that style.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/Andy618
chewie
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 5012

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:21 am

I'm not digging this one right out of the box, but that could be a good thing. For me, this album seems like a slow grower (but not as slow as The Black Crowes - Warpaint album. It took me years before I finally got that album).
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 2055

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:49 pm

I like it. It's a bit on the experimental side and I think the new sound fits the singer's style better than previous albums. He gets a little monotonous after a while.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 23821

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:08 pm

The Sword will be releasing a stripped-down acoustic version of their last album, The High Country. This will be The Low Country, available Sept. 23rd.

I didn't think they could make that last album even more boring, but they're gonna give it a go.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammer Nazi...their/they're)
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 6051

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The Sword will be releasing a stripped-down acoustic version of their last album, The High Country. This will be The Low Country, available Sept. 23rd.

I didn't think they could make that last album even more boring, but their gonna give it a go.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 11078

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I didn't think they could make that last album even more boring, but their gonna give it a go.

I said the same thing! Hahaha.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 23821

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:16 am

Honestly, I haven't revisited High Country since it came out and I'm in no rush to do so, but I just remember being very disappointed with it. Especially since I was disappointed with the one before it too.

2 clunkers in a row and a lack-luster live performance. I think I'm done with these guys.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy

Number of posts : 8178

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:19 am

I'm a massive Sword fan, and I have no idea what they were thinking with this new one. Such a departure from their signature sound. Oh, well...
Back to top Go down
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:09 pm

Caught The Sword last night. They played a lot of material off the new album and the crowd seemed to enjoy it.   I was upset they didn't play Freya but they did play two other songs off Age of Winters. The singer did seem to be unenthused about performing which was also disappointing.

While I agree that High Country isn't as heavy as their prior albums, I still thought it kicked ass in it's own different way.  I like to listen to it when I'm having mellow days.

Last edited by Aaron_D on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 3253

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:05 pm

How would you rank their albums?
Back to top Go down
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:58 pm

Lari wrote:
How would you rank their albums?

Age of Winters, Gods of the Earth, Warp Riders, Apocryphon, High Country.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sword   

Back to top Go down

The Sword
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13