HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Porcupine Tree

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Porcupine Tree   Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:54 pm

An interesting show I'd like to see is the April 28th Opeth/Steven Wilson/Katatonia show in Clifton Park, NY. It's the only date of the Opeth tour with Wilson co-headlining (the scheduled synced up). I'd be willing to bet they join each other on stage and do a couple Storm Corrosion songs that night.

Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Porcupine Tree   Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:23 pm

According to Steven Wilson there is a deluxe edition of "In Absentia" on the way that will be a CD/blu-ray set.

"Porcupine Tree’s In Absentia turned 10 years old last year. It’s 11 years old this year. We’ll reissue that as a special edition with a Blu-ray disc featuring the video material we have. There were a lot of other tracks recorded during those sessions that didn’t make the album, like “Meantime,” “Drown with Me,” “Chloroform,” “Futile,” and “Orchidia.” We’re going to bring all of those together, perhaps along with some instrumental versions and demo versions. It’ll be an all-singing, all-dancing experience."

So finally the long out-of-print Futile EP will be included along with the album plus several demo tracks that have been bootlegged over the years but never officially released. I'm sure he will be doing a 5.1 mix as well.

I have a bunch of these demos and they are stunning, they include an 18-minute version of Strip The Soul, an extended version of Trains plus demos for Lips Of Ashes, Wedding Nails an extended version of Collapse The Light Into Earth and there is also an untitled instrumental . Hopefully all that stuff will be included.
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Porcupine Tree   Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Steven Wilson confirms that Porcupine Tree is on "indefinite hiatus".

http://www.progrockmag.com/news/porcupine-tree-on-hold-steven-wilson-confirms/

...“It can’t really happen without me instigating it, being the main writer and director.

“I don’t have time in my life to do that and do what I’m doing now. I guess I have made the decision, right now, to concentrate on the solo career.

“But that’s not to say the band has broken up or anything like that. It’s always conceivable that we could get back together in a year or five years, or 10 years. I really can’t say – there are no plans at the moment.”
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5012
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Porcupine Tree   Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:38 pm

S.D. wrote:
According to Steven Wilson there is a deluxe edition of "In Absentia" on the way that will be a CD/blu-ray set.

"Porcupine Tree’s In Absentia turned 10 years old last year. It’s 11 years old this year. We’ll reissue that as a special edition with a Blu-ray disc featuring the video material we have. There were a lot of other tracks recorded during those sessions that didn’t make the album, like “Meantime,” “Drown with Me,” “Chloroform,” “Futile,” and “Orchidia.” We’re going to bring all of those together, perhaps along with some instrumental versions and demo versions. It’ll be an all-singing, all-dancing experience."

So finally the long out-of-print Futile EP will be included along with the album plus several demo tracks that have been bootlegged over the years but never officially released. I'm sure he will be doing a 5.1 mix as well.

I have a bunch of these demos and they are stunning, they include an 18-minute version of Strip The Soul, an extended version of Trains plus demos for Lips Of Ashes, Wedding Nails an extended version of Collapse The Light Into Earth and there is also an untitled instrumental . Hopefully all that stuff will be included.


WOW!!!! It's been that long already??????
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 350
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Porcupine Tree   Sun May 05, 2013 12:37 pm

And Yelllow Hedgerow Dreamscape is being rereleased as well! Apparently it's exclusive to Headphone Dust though and can't be ordered from the US online store?

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/headphonedust/porcupine-tree-yellow-hedgerow-dreamscape-cd/
Quote :

A newly remastered and repackaged edition of the very earliest experimental recordings that SW made under the name of Porcupine Tree. The music here was originally released on cassette tapes in 1989-91, then compiled and reissued as a limited CD in 1994, and later on vinyl with one track substituted. This new CD edition stays with the revised 1999 vinyl track listing, and contains over 75 minutes of music.

Because of the increasing demand for early out of print Porcupine Tree releases, a decision was made to reissue the album. This new edition has been remastered from the best sources available. All the same please lower your sonic and musical expectations for these very early experiments!

Featuring new artwork and design by Carl Glover, the disc comes in a 6 panel digipack and also includes a booklet with sleeve notes and information about the original cassette releases.

PORCUPINE TREE – Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape (Archive material 1984-91)

1 Mute (8.08)
2 Landscare (3.02)
3 Prayer (1.35)
4 Daughters in Excess (6.35)
5 Delightful Suicide (1.09)
6 Split Image (1.52)
7 No Reason to Live, No Reason to Die (11.06)
8 Wastecoat (1.11)
9 Towel (3.37)
10 Execution of the Will of the Marquis de Sade (5.08)
11 Track 11 (3.00)
12 Radioactive Toy (5.59)
13 An Empty Box (3.19)
14 Out (8.58)
15 Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape (10.45)
16 Music for the Head (1.30)
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5012
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Porcupine Tree   Mon May 06, 2013 12:55 am

I can finally get his officially!!! Yes!!!!! Ordered!

Tur-Thalion wrote:
And Yelllow Hedgerow Dreamscape is being rereleased as well! Apparently it's exclusive to Headphone Dust though and can't be ordered from the US online store?

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/headphonedust/porcupine-tree-yellow-hedgerow-dreamscape-cd/
Quote :

A newly remastered and repackaged edition of the very earliest experimental recordings that SW made under the name of Porcupine Tree. The music here was originally released on cassette tapes in 1989-91, then compiled and reissued as a limited CD in 1994, and later on vinyl with one track substituted. This new CD edition stays with the revised 1999 vinyl track listing, and contains over 75 minutes of music.

Because of the increasing demand for early out of print Porcupine Tree releases, a decision was made to reissue the album. This new edition has been remastered from the best sources available. All the same please lower your sonic and musical expectations for these very early experiments!

Featuring new artwork and design by Carl Glover, the disc comes in a 6 panel digipack and also includes a booklet with sleeve notes and information about the original cassette releases.

PORCUPINE TREE – Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape (Archive material 1984-91)

1 Mute (8.08)
2 Landscare (3.02)
3 Prayer (1.35)
4 Daughters in Excess (6.35)
5 Delightful Suicide (1.09)
6 Split Image (1.52)
7 No Reason to Live, No Reason to Die (11.06)
8 Wastecoat (1.11)
9 Towel (3.37)
10 Execution of the Will of the Marquis de Sade (5.08)
11 Track 11 (3.00)
12 Radioactive Toy (5.59)
13 An Empty Box (3.19)
14 Out (8.58)
15 Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape (10.45)
16 Music for the Head (1.30)
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 350
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Porcupine Tree   Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:19 pm

I just picked up Metanoia, finally, and on two listens I'm definitely enjoying it.  I guess, it is what it is: a bunch of jams based on the songs from the Signify sessions.  Maybe it's not a really strong "album," but for what it is, a chance to listen to Steven Wilson et al jam away, it is fun to listen to.
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Porcupine Tree   Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:58 pm

Metanoia is an interesting glimpse into their writing process at the time, it wasn't really intended as an "album", it's just a collection of interesting improvisations.

In other Porcupine Tree news...

Unfortunately the planned deluxe edition of "In Absentia" has been shelved due to ownership disputes over some of the material. Wilson is hopeful it will still happen once the legal issues have been resolved.

Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
avatar

Number of posts : 350
Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Porcupine Tree   Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:45 pm

Ah, that's too bad. I reread your post about that deluxe edition a few days ago and was wondering what was moving along with it.

Have you purchased the 2013 release of Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape? The price tag on it has made me hold off for now, though I should probably buy it sooner than later since it is probably a limited pressing.
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Porcupine Tree   Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:34 pm

Tur-Thalion wrote:


Have you purchased the 2013 release of Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape?  The price tag on it has made me hold off for now, though I should probably buy it sooner than later since it is probably a limited pressing.

No, I didn't get that one but I have heard some of it. Porcupine Tree really gets interesting to me around the time of The Sky Moves Sideways, I like some of the earlier tracks but I don't get in the mood for that stuff very often.
Back to top Go down
GUEST
R.I.P.
R.I.P.


Number of posts : 22086

PostSubject: Re: Porcupine Tree   Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:22 pm

Porcupine Tree drummer Gavin Harrison (and current member of King Crimson) has a new album coming out entitled "Cheating The Polygraph" which features Porcupine Tree songs re-imagined as jazz arrangements. Recorded over a period of 5 years and featuring a host of contemporary jazz session players, the songs were arranged by Harrison and Laurence Cottle (The Alan Parsons Project) along with some assistance from Dave Stewart (Eurhythmics).

Of course I might be the only person on this board that would dig this kind of thing, but what the hell, might as well post it anyway.

This is a short video sampler with clips from each of the tracks.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
avatar

Number of posts : 23610
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Porcupine Tree   Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:50 pm

S.D. wrote:
Porcupine Tree drummer Gavin Harrison (and current member of King Crimson) has a new album coming out entitled "Cheating The Polygraph" which features Porcupine Tree songs re-imagined as jazz arrangements.  Recorded over a period of 5 years and featuring a host of contemporary jazz session players, the songs were arranged by Harrison and Laurence Cottle (The Alan Parsons Project) along with some assistance from Dave Stewart (Eurhythmics).  

Of course I might be the only person on this board that would dig this kind of thing, but what the hell, might as well post it anyway.  

This is a short video sampler with clips from each of the tracks.

That's kinda neat. Reminds me of the stuff Sinatra did back in the 50's with the Count Basie Orchestra. Might be an interesting listen if I'm in the right mood.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Porcupine Tree   

Back to top Go down
 
Porcupine Tree
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Similar topics
-
» Porcupine Tree - the early years
» Gemini Disco: Skateland, Halfway Tree, Kingston. 1982 (2 tapes!)
» Killamanjaro v Metromedia: Skateland Roller Disco, Halfway Tree. June 1984
» The Prog Family Tree
» Stereophonic: Skateland, Half Way Tree Road, Kingston. June 1980

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Let The Music Do The Talking-
Jump to: