Nirvana

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 7644

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana   Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:59 pm

I burned myself out on Nirvana years ago but  few years back I got back into them when I found my copy of 'Bleach'. Nothing topped 'In Utero' IMO especially the Steve Albini mix. I really like the bonus content on the Super Deluxe Editions.

Gonna have to spin The Steve Albini Mixes of 'In Utero' sometime this week.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana   Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:30 pm

One thing about Nirvana "killing" metal, at least it was a good time in the mid-90s to get classic metal albums for cheaper as a lot of them were thrown into cut-out bins or used stores, and I dont just mean hair bands (I got Anthrax's Fistful of Metal,albiet on cassette, for 4 bucks from a cut-out bin).
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana   Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:24 am

Hadley wrote:
One thing about Nirvana "killing" metal, at least it was a good time in the mid-90s to get classic metal albums for cheaper as a lot of them were thrown into cut-out bins or used stores, and I dont just mean  hair bands (I got Anthrax's Fistful of Metal,albiet on cassette, for 4 bucks from a cut-out bin).

Totally. I picked up lots of thrash metal albums for such prices back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 4130

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana   Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:15 pm

I think blaming Nirvana for the death of Metal is a load bs

In Utero would prob be last on my Nirvana albums, the production quality is good maybe even a bit too polished. i havent listened to anything from Nirvana for awhile.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami

Number of posts : 24613

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana   Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:21 pm

Addy wrote:
I think blaming Nirvana for the death of Metal is a load bs

In Utero would prob be last on my Nirvana albums, the production quality is good maybe even a bit too polished. i havent listened to anything from Nirvana for awhile.

I don't think anyone truly believes it was just one band/album that caused the demise of metal. It's just easier to generalize and to pin it on them because they were the poster-boys for everything "grunge".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 4130

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana   Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:54 am

Someone has a sig here that says Grunge didnt kill Metal Unskinny Bop did lol

When it comes to Nirvana albums I go thorugh phases, sometimes its Bleach, Nevermind or Insecticide In Utero would be at the bottom though I do like the album for awhile i was playing Heart Shaped Box so I could learn to play the intro on the guitar.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 11579

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana   Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:07 pm

In Utero is a good album, but their worst, I think.

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 7644

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana   Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:50 pm

In Utero is their best IMO. Radio Friendly Unit Shifter FTW...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Dog Will Hunt!

Number of posts : 12273

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana   Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:37 am

I like Bleach, it's kinda heavy. Nevermind has some catchy songs. In Utero... Never bothered.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever

Number of posts : 5013

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana   Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:28 pm

I think Nirvana is one of the most overrated bands I've ever tried to listen to. I ended up liking Bleach the best. I found Nevermind to be bland and severely overrated, and In Utero was cool, but didn't draw me back to it. The Unplugged album is really cool, though.

I've been digging into the 4 big "grunge" bands recently, cos I'd neglected them (other than Alice in Chains) for so long. Pearl Jam's been the one that's blown me away, as I never expected them to be as kickass as they are. Soundgarden I like a lot less than Alice in Chains, but I dig them well enough. Nirvana though, struck me as underwhelming.

Through getting into those guys though, I've realized how much bullshit grunge is as a genre tag. It's all just marketable aesthetic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana   

Back to top Go down

Nirvana
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7