HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 19452
Age : 51

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:23 am

biddle wrote:
I see plenty of old records listed. Where are the newer releases and bands? How about kreator - violent resolution or enemy of god? hirax - new age of terror, sodom - code red? ultimatum - into the pit? testament -formation of damnation? sadus -out for blood, death angel -art of dyings? persuader - evolution purgatory? oct 31 - no survivors? some of these newer thrash albums are better than many of the old guard imo.
how about newer bands like avenger of blood? municiple waste? toxik holocaust? evile? merciless death? gamabomb? one dead?

I did put Hirax - New Age of Terror on my list and Dallas Black put Into the Pit in his list.

_________________
ULTIMATUM - TOO METAL FOR WIKIPEDIA!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 16254
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:09 am

ultmetal wrote:
biddle wrote:
I see plenty of old records listed. Where are the newer releases and bands? How about kreator - violent resolution or enemy of god? hirax - new age of terror, sodom - code red? ultimatum - into the pit? testament -formation of damnation? sadus -out for blood, death angel -art of dyings? persuader - evolution purgatory? oct 31 - no survivors? some of these newer thrash albums are better than many of the old guard imo.
how about newer bands like avenger of blood? municiple waste? toxik holocaust? evile? merciless death? gamabomb? one dead?

I did put Hirax - New Age of Terror on my list and Dallas Black put Into the Pit in his list.

Thank you.

I await your apology Biddle Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:19 am

Screw 20....

Paradox
- Heresy
Wrath - Nothing To Fear
Wrath - Insane Society
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Megadeth - Peace Sells
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Devastation - Signs of Life
Devastation - Idolatry
Viking - Do Or Die
Viking - Man of Straw
Flotsam & Jetsam - When The Storm Comes Down
Flotsam & Jetsam - No Place For Disgrace
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Exodus - Impact Is Imminent
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Dark Angel - Leave Scars
Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal
Onslaught - In Search of Sanity
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Testament - The Legacy
Testament - The New Order
Testament - Souls of Black
Deliverance - S/T
Deliverance - Weapons of Our Warfare
Sepultura - Schizophrenia
Sepultura - Beneath The Remains
Sepultura - Arise
Overkill - Taking Over
Overkill - Necroshine
Anthrax - Among The Living
Coroner - Punishment For Decadence
Coroner - R.I.P.
Laaz Rockit - Know Your Enemy
Believer - Extraction From Mortality
Annihilator - Never, Neverland
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 19452
Age : 51

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:04 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
biddle wrote:
I see plenty of old records listed. Where are the newer releases and bands? How about kreator - violent resolution or enemy of god? hirax - new age of terror, sodom - code red? ultimatum - into the pit? testament -formation of damnation? sadus -out for blood, death angel -art of dyings? persuader - evolution purgatory? oct 31 - no survivors? some of these newer thrash albums are better than many of the old guard imo.
how about newer bands like avenger of blood? municiple waste? toxik holocaust? evile? merciless death? gamabomb? one dead?

I did put Hirax - New Age of Terror on my list and Dallas Black put Into the Pit in his list.

Thank you.

I await your apology Biddle Very Happy .

Apologize now! :kickbutt:

LOL!

I understand what he's saying. There are some great new releases and bands. I think Hirax, Sodom and Kreator have released some of their best stuff ever in more recent years. I wouldn't say the same for Death Angel, Metallica and Exodus. I prefer their older material.

Also, I think some of the new bands are fantastic. I've been listening to Avenger of Blood a lot in recent weeks.

However, when it comes to music like thrash that has been around for a few decades, nostalgia will always play a part. The "classic" stuff will always be thought of as better, no matter how good the new bands and releases are.

BTW, thanks for including Ultimatum on your list DallasBlack. I'm really proud of that record.

_________________
ULTIMATUM - TOO METAL FOR WIKIPEDIA!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 16254
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:28 pm

ultmetal wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
biddle wrote:
I see plenty of old records listed. Where are the newer releases and bands? How about kreator - violent resolution or enemy of god? hirax - new age of terror, sodom - code red? ultimatum - into the pit? testament -formation of damnation? sadus -out for blood, death angel -art of dyings? persuader - evolution purgatory? oct 31 - no survivors? some of these newer thrash albums are better than many of the old guard imo.
how about newer bands like avenger of blood? municiple waste? toxik holocaust? evile? merciless death? gamabomb? one dead?

I did put Hirax - New Age of Terror on my list and Dallas Black put Into the Pit in his list.

Thank you.

I await your apology Biddle Very Happy .

Apologize now! :kickbutt:

LOL!

I understand what he's saying. There are some great new releases and bands. I think Hirax, Sodom and Kreator have released some of their best stuff ever in more recent years. I wouldn't say the same for Death Angel, Metallica and Exodus. I prefer their older material.

Also, I think some of the new bands are fantastic. I've been listening to Avenger of Blood a lot in recent weeks.

However, when it comes to music like thrash that has been around for a few decades, nostalgia will always play a part. The "classic" stuff will always be thought of as better, no matter how good the new bands and releases are.

BTW, thanks for including Ultimatum on your list DallasBlack. I'm really proud of that record.

You should be, it's a great album.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
avatar

Number of posts : 5628
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:16 pm

New bands are 70% made of crap. Commercial records...A band is only five years old and already 5 cds... Laughing very hard . I stick with the old. Just like wine.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
avatar

Number of posts : 19452
Age : 51

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:17 pm

Gilbert wrote:
New bands are 70% made of crap. Commercial records...A band is only five years old and already 5 cds... Laughing very hard . I stick with the old. Just like wine.

What bands might you be speaking of?

_________________
ULTIMATUM - TOO METAL FOR WIKIPEDIA!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
avatar

Number of posts : 19812
Age : 48

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:44 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
New bands are 70% made of crap. Commercial records...A band is only five years old and already 5 cds... Laughing very hard . I stick with the old. Just like wine.

What bands might you be speaking of?

Yes please what bands are you speaking of ? Now it is average of 3 years between releases.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:06 pm

In the grand scheme of things, thrash had a great 10 year run and then kind of burnt itself out (of course some people won't agree on this). I'm glad their is a renaissance of sorts with this style, but I've "moved on" to the point where I can't get myself excited to hear them.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
avatar

Number of posts : 4830
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:11 pm

these are my favs of the genre


Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Testament - Souls of Black
Testament - Low
Testament - The Gathering
Sacred Reich - The American Way
Sepultura - Arise
Sepultura - Chaos A.D
Sanctity - Road to Bloodshed
Exodus - Tempo of the Damned
Overkill - Horrorscope
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
avatar

Number of posts : 13862
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Only 1 album per band. Man, this was hard!

Metallica - Master of Puppets
Believer - Extraction From Mortality
Testament - The Legacy
Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice
Equinox - Auf Wiedersehen
Anthrax - Among The Living
Deliverance - Deliverance
Agent Steel - Unstoppable Force
Metal Church - The Dark (maybe more of a power metal album?)
Helstar - Nosferatu
Dark Angel - Leave Scars
Coroner - R.I.P.
Sodom - Agent Orange
Destruction - Release From Agony
Kreator - Pleasure To Kill
Annihilator - Alice In Hell
Paradox - Heresy
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Slayer - Reign In Blood

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-metropolis.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 16254
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:35 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
In no order as well (remember this is just my opinion):

Testament-Low
Testament-The New Order
Metallica-Master Of Puppets
Metallica-Ride The Lightning
Metallica-Kill 'Em All
Sepultura-Arise
Tourniquet-Microscopic View
Tourniquet-Stop The Bleeding
Ultimatum-Into The Pit
Kreator-Coma Of Souls
Anthrax-Among The Living
Anthrax-Spreading The Disease
Exodus-Fabulous Disaster
Flotsam & Jetsam-Doomsday for the Deceiver
Overkill-W.F.O.
Megadeth-Rust In Peace
Sepultura-Chaos A.D.
Suicidal Tendencies-How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today
Xentrix-Shattered Existence
Defiance-Void Terra Firma

As I explore thrash/speed further, this list will change.

I will need to move one of these out because I found out I really love Slayer-South Of Heaven. IMO, this album is the best music I ever heard from Slayer. Dark and melodic without leaving the thrash genre. Such a kick ass album! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:38 pm

Quote :
Slayer-South Of Heaven

That's a Slayer album that most overlook. I think it's one of their best. Light years better than Seasons In The Abyss.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 16254
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:11 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
Slayer-South Of Heaven

That's a Slayer album that most overlook. I think it's one of their best. Light years better than Seasons In The Abyss.

Absolutly love this album. I have yet to hear Seasons In The Abyss.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:33 am

detuned wrote:
In the grand scheme of things, thrash had a great 10 year run and then kind of burnt itself out (of course some people won't agree on this). I'm glad their is a renaissance of sorts with this style, but I've "moved on" to the point where I can't get myself excited to hear them.

de - You SERIOUSLY need to get the Bonded by Blood album. If that does not re-charge ya, nothing will! I put it up against anything pre-'92. It is that freaking good!!! It is that freaking TRUE!!! It is 100% the definition of thrash, now or then!!! Try to find the 2 cd set. The second disc only has a couple of songs, but they are instant classics.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
avatar

Number of posts : 16254
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:44 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
detuned wrote:
In the grand scheme of things, thrash had a great 10 year run and then kind of burnt itself out (of course some people won't agree on this). I'm glad their is a renaissance of sorts with this style, but I've "moved on" to the point where I can't get myself excited to hear them.

de - You SERIOUSLY need to get the Bonded by Blood album. If that does not re-charge ya, nothing will! I put it up against anything pre-'92. It is that freaking good!!! It is that freaking TRUE!!! It is 100% the definition of thrash, now or then!!! Try to find the 2 cd set. The second disc only has a couple of songs, but they are instant classics.

Great album! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!   

Back to top Go down
 
Top 20 speed/thrash metal albums ever!
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Top 10 Christian rock/metal albums?
» Top 50 Christian Metal Albums of the Nineties
» Forgotten Gems!
» Top 50 Christian Metal Albums of the Eighties
» Best Thrash Albums Of The '90's

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Fun and Games-
Jump to: